The baby care packaging market is observing an upward trend over the years and is expected to observe the same during the forecast period 2019-2027. Baby care packaging is mostly used for baby products. Plastic is the most common material used for baby packaging. The packaging greatly enhances the products and makes it more appealing to an individual. Innovative packaging designs, as well as growing awareness about baby care product benefits, are leading to an increase in the growth graph of the baby care packaging market.
- Good access to information about hygiene and the health of the baby is rising considerably. This is because of rapid urbanization and migration from rural areas to urban areas. Therefore, this can prove to be a great growth accelerator for the baby care packaging market. Premium baby products are also gaining traction on a large scale.
- A surge in government initiatives to curb plastic pollution as well as initiatives has led to switching toward biodegradable packaging. This has influenced the baby care packaging market to a great extent. As baby care comprises of sensitive products, individuals prefer products with sustainable packaging to avoid harmful chemicals. In addition, the demand for transparent packaging is constantly increasing. This is to enable individuals to check the quality of the product inside. This helps in quick convincing and eventually, the product with transparent packaging is sold quickly. As a result, massive demand for transparent packaging may boost the growth rate of the baby care packaging market.
- Smart packaging solutions are also one of the prominent goals manufacturers are focusing on. Manufacturers are focusing on introducing novel packaging solutions for increasing sales of baby skincare products. Manufacturers are trying to use different materials for developing baby care packaging due to the inclination of consumers towards smart and innovative packaging.
Evolving Consumer Preferences Incline toward Adoption of Eco-friendly Packaging Solutions
In the current scenario, the baby care packaging market is booming, as increasing number of brands are taking significant efforts to improve their designs and packaging quality. Brands operating in the baby care packaging market are expected to develop ties with their customers to stay relevant in the highly competitive baby care packaging market landscape. With environmental concerns impacting the packaging industry, baby care packaging companies are opting for eco-friendly packaging solutions. Consumer trends indicate a strong demand for environmental packaging solutions and thus, a significant rise in the number of research activities can be observed. Due to the growing focus on innovative packaging designs, rising awareness regarding the benefits of baby care products, and innovations in the packaging space, the baby care packaging market is expected to reach a market value of ~US$ 3.5 Bn by 2027.
Advancements in biotechnology, development of sustainable skin care baby products, and availability of a range of flexible packaging solutions are some of the factors that are likely to drive the baby care packaging market in the near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Baby Care Packaging Market
Companies Strive to Improve Customer Engagement with Innovative Designs
Some of the established companies in the baby care packaging market landscape are focusing on improving their designs and using an appealing range of colors to gain customer attention. Furthermore, several brands are likely to use their packaging solutions as an important tool to engage with their consumers. Companies are also likely to align their packaging operations with the demographics of parents.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
For instance, Evorie, rebranded from IvoryBaby, revealed that the company is set to introduce new packaging solutions to attract the young generation of mothers. Apart from finding a connection with previous design iterations, new packaging designs are expected to engage with young parents. Additionally, sensing the growing demand for high-quality products developed from safe materials, the brand aims to use its new packaging designs to communicate with consumers. Several brands are focusing on revamping their existing packaging solutions to improve customer engagement.
High Demand for Convenient and Portable Pouches
Consumer preferences play an important role in setting the tone for new trends within the baby care packaging market. Modern-day consumers demand a high degree of convenience, and buy products that are easy-to-use and portable. In the current scenario, bags and pouches have gained significant popularity, owing to convenience, optimum shelf stability, and most importantly, portability. Parents are highly in favor of purchasing packaging solutions that are easy-to-carry and thus, the pouches packaging segment is anticipated to account for ~57% share of the baby care packaging market in 2019. The segment is likely to retain its lead during the forecast period (2019-2027). Prominent players in the current market landscape are increasingly inclined toward introducing innovative packaging features to cater to on-the-go requirements. For instance, the refillable pouch design developed by Huggies Natural wet wipes in the U.S. and Canada offers convenience.
Companies Likely to Focus on Redesigning Packaging for Safe e-Commerce Shipments
The e-Commerce sector has witnessed a paramount growth in the past decade. The growing popularity of the e-Commerce sector is likely to present companies operating in the baby care packaging market with a range of opportunities. Several companies are tweaking their current packaging solutions to enable safe e-Commerce shipments. Companies are focusing on redesigning their packaging solutions to address issues pertaining to e-Commerce shipping. Apart from focusing on structural improvements to prevent product leakage, companies are also investing in research to identify the most suitable packaging material. For instance, to address the burdening problem of leakages from baby fabric softeners, The Honest Co., designed a new packaging solution wherein a polypropylene closure, in conjunction with polyethylene foam liner was used to reduce the assembly gap. Despite concerns over its use, plastic continues to remain the most preferred material for baby care packaging, with the plastic material segment estimated to account for a share of over 75% of the baby care packaging market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Baby Care Packaging Market
Baby Care Packaging Market: Overview
- Presence of a wide variety of baby toiletries, such as baby wipes, baby toothpastes, baby bath additives, and baby soaps is expected to create significant opportunities for baby care packaging manufacturers
- Baby care packaging companies provide resealable packaging solutions that are easy to open and dispense. Baby care products manufacturers are focusing on smart and innovative packaging solutions to increase product sales.
- Pouches packaging segment is anticipated to expand at considerable CAGR during the forecast period, as it is most preferred packaging format for baby toiletries
Generating Awareness Regarding Baby Care Products to Remain Key Promotional Strategy
- Leading baby care product manufacturers, such as Johnson & Johnson and Dabur are educating people regarding baby hygiene and health in urban areas. This strategy is anticipated to boost the sales of baby care products. Social media, television, and one-to-one interactions are aiding in providing information and educating customers about these products.
- Increasing population in urban areas is expected to provide opportunities for baby care product manufacturers. Changing lifestyle of consumers is resulting in increased consumption of baby care products, as parents are opting for branded and certified baby care products.
- Companies are targeting local doctors to spread awareness about the benefits offered by baby care products. Some companies have established child development centers for improved baby care.
Skin Care Products to Witness High Demand
- Parents prefer natural and organic skin care products as compared to skin care products with chemicals
- Skin care products are commonly packed in cans and tubes. High demand for skin care products is expected to propel the use of cans and tubes for skin care product packaging.
- Rising demand for skin care products is anticipated to boost the demand for easy dispensing packaging solutions
Global Baby Care Packaging Market – Key Research Findings
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for ~35% of the global baby care packaging market by the end of 2027. This can be attributed to the increasing disposable income of working women in the region. New product launches and increase in market penetration by manufacturers of baby care products are factors that are expected to drive the baby care packaging market in Asia Pacific.
- The plastic material segment of the baby care packaging market is anticipated to grow nearly 1.6 times of its current market value by the end of 2027. Rising demand for sanitation & hygiene products is fueling the expansion of the baby care packaging market. Glass and metal material segments are anticipated to gain significance during the forecast period. They are used in luxury baby care packaging and occupy less market share.
Global Baby Care Packaging Market – Competition Landscape
- Major companies in the baby care packaging market have been included in TMR’s baby care packaging market report to analyze their product offerings, recent developments, financials, and strategies adopted by them to sustain their position in the baby care packaging market
- Some of the key players operating in the global baby care packaging market are
- Amcor Limited
- Sonoco Products Company
- Sealed Air Corporation Winpak Ltd.
- Mondi Group
- WestRock Company
- Silgan Holdings Inc.
- Smurfit Kappa Group
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- DS Smith Plc
- ProAmpac LLC.
- American Packaging Corporation
- Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
- Berry Global Group, Inc
- Huhtamäki Oyj
- Uflex Ltd.
- Transcontinental Inc.
- Emerald Packaging Inc.
- Glenroy, Inc.
- Schur Flexibles Group.
Global Baby Care Packaging Market – Key Developments
Key manufacturers in the global baby care packaging market mainly concentrate on new product development and continuous product launches to retain their market position. The baby care packaging market caters to manufacturers of skin care products, hair care products, sanitation & hygiene products, etc. Manufacturers are also adopting strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions to expand their production facilities of baby care packaging. Some of the key developments in the baby care packaging market have been mentioned below:
- In 2018, Berry Global Group, Inc. acquired Laddawn, Inc., which provides an e-Commerce channel with web and mobile sales platforms for stock and custom products. It is anticipated to help Berry Global Group, Inc. to increase its sales globally.
- In 2018, Amcor PLC acquired the leading U.S.-based competitor, Bemis Company Inc., to expand its plastic packaging sales in North America and Latin America. This acquisition is expected to increase the market share of the company.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]