Wave grease is the best buddy for people who want to get 360 waves. You know why? Wave grease is made with natural ingredients that come with a stronghold. It is designed to moisturize and soften nappy, coarse, and short hair.
Moreover, wave grease is essential to develop clean and deep 360 waves faster. But, how to get waves with wave grease? This is what we’ll be discussing in this article. There is plenty of best 360 wave grease for nappy hair. You can try on them.
Note that the key to getting 360 waves is regular combing and using the right styling products. Wave grease is something without what you cannot think about getting perfect 360 waves. So, let’s know how to achieve 360 waves by using wave grease.
What Is Needed To Get 360 Waves?
- Wave grease or hair pomade (Of course!)
- Wave brush with boar-bristle
- Shampoo and conditioner for wave
- Wave training lotion
- Du-rag or stocking cap
How to Get 360 Waves with Wave Grease? (Fast and Easy Ways)
If you want to grow 360 waves, the best way is to start fresh. Now follow the steps below;
- At first, go to the nearest barbershop to get a haircut. Tell the barber to trim your hair with number 1 guard with the grain. So, your hair gets ¾” length. This length is good enough to start training.
- Then start your home training by shampooing and using conditioner. It works to clean and moisturize dry and coarse hair. Rinse your hair with warm water as it softens your hair. Do not wash all the conditioner out.
- After washing hair with shampoo and conditioner, apply wave grease on wet hair. Spread it throughout your hair to make sure each hair gets moisturized. It will help to fix your hair in a specific position.
- With the wave grease on your head, start brushing hair to flatten curls. Start from the crown of your head and brush toward the front side. Do the same for the backside and other sides. Keep brushing for at least 15 minutes. This will help to set your hair and form waves.
- After the brushing session, cover your hair with a du-rag or stocking cap. Tie it tightly, so the waves get equal pressure to develop. Tie it for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, take out your du-rag, and you can see a waveform around your head. Then, brush again all over the head. You have to repeat this process until you get the perfect waves.
Training and Maintenance
- Continue your brushing sessions every day for at least 15 minutes. Do it constantly to train your waves. You can split the session, such as; once in the morning and once at night.
- Make sure to use the best wave grease for nappy hair along with conditioner or shea butter. This will help to moisturize and soften your hair.
- You can sleep with the du-rag on your head throughout the night. This works better to keep your waves in place. It also keeps your waves safe from rubbing against the pillow.
- It may take a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks to develop the waves. So, continue brushing and using moisturizing products. Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner once or twice a week.
- Get a haircut every four weeks. Cut it back to ¾” so your waves can grow.
Remember, getting 360 waves is time-consuming. It may take a little patience to achieve the goal. If your waves are not forming correctly, it means you are not brushing well or using the wrong products. However, now you know how to get waves with wave grease. So, get started today!