Increase in Demand for Improved GPIO Expanders in Tactile Keyboard Phones
GPIO expanders are experiencing increased demand in the electronics and technology segment to meet next-gen digital power processing requirements. The GPIO expanders are required in the development of tactile business phones. As such, among applications, cell phones segment of the GPIO expanders market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 4.3 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasingly focusing on the development of new smartphones that fulfil customer demands.
Phone companies and developers alike in the GPIO expanders market are addressing the demand for tactile business phones. Though touch-pad smartphones led to the decline of QWERTY keypad phones such as Blackberry, certain customers are still opting for the latter. For instance, coding and hardware specialist Arturo128 revealed updates on the development of Adafruit FeatherWing-compatible handheld phone based around the Blackberry keyboard.
Get Sample Copy:
Developers are increasingly employing GPIO expanders with other peripherals such as resistive touch controllers and accelerometers to develop phones with tactile QWERTY keyboard.
Deployment of Next-gen Digital Power Processing in Microprocessor Application
Apart from product development, companies in the GPIO expanders market are focusing on inorganic strategies such as entering into distribution agreements. For instance, in June 2019, Mouser Electronics – a Texas-based online distributor of electronic components announced a global distribution agreement with Solantro – a provider of module-integrated electronic technology.
Companies in the GPIO expanders market are aiming to strengthen their supply chain by collaborating with other players. As such, the GPIO expanders market is consolidated with leading players accounting for ~50-60% of the market share. Emerging players are teaming up with established players to fulfill end user needs for energy management and power conversion applications.
Moreover, increased efforts are being taken by companies to collaborate with semiconductor manufacturers to tap into opportunities in the development of renewable power systems. Manufacturers are increasing their efficacy in microprocessor applications. GPIO expanders are gaining traction in highly-integrated mixed ICs (Integrated Circuits) of digital power processors. Thus, GPIO expander acts as a reliable component for developers in order to boost functionality of high-speed analog peripherals and digital accelerators.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Flexible Embedded Systems Accelerate Demand for GPIO Expanders
GPIO expanders are being increasingly used in microprocessor and microcontroller applications. Right from the development of IoT devices to building wide cluster of networked embedded devices, innovative applications are fueling the growth of the GPIO expanders market. However, certain challenges are likely to slow down market growth.
The GPIO expanders market is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Several reasons account for this growth rate of the market. For instance, there is a growing need for flexibility in the development of networked embedded devices. New requirements and the need to incorporate new software and hardware pose challenges for manufacturing companies. Hence, manufacturers are incorporating PCBs (Printed Circuit Board) with multi-channel variable DC voltage output and GPIO expanders to increase flexibility in embedded systems.
Flexible embedded systems are being increasingly used to develop building management and control systems. Thus, consumer requirements for room temperature control and temperature assessment in coffee machines are catalyzing demand for GPIO expanders.
Request For Customization:
Rise in Use of GPIO Expanders in Microcontrollers and FPGAs
Growing demand for low-voltage compatibility is creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the GPIO expanders market. Companies are developing new I/O expanders that facilitate I2C interface and GPIO signals. Several drivers, such as the ability to incorporate multiple I/O pins in microcontrollers, are triggering the demand for advanced GPIO expanders. Thus, increased application of GPIO expanders in field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is driving manufacturers to increase their production capabilities.
Additionally, the rapidly growing electronic devices industry is another factor driving the GPIO expanders market. Rise in the FPGA application in laptops and PCs is creating lucrative opportunities for manufacturers. Thus, the laptops & PCs application segment is anticipated for exponential growth during the forecast period. This segment is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 800 Mn by 2027. Hence, manufacturers are teaming up with engineers to enhance the functionality of microcontrollers and FPGAs.
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
GPIO Expanders Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global GPIO expanders market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, the rising demand for GPIO expanders for use in various applications is expected to boost the global GPIO expanders market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global GPIO expanders market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 4.3 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Increasing Demand for Cell Phones and Mobile Devices: A Key Driver
- General-purpose input/output (GPIO) expanders are extensively used in smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. GPIO expanders ranging from 8 bits to 40 bits and with a large number of input/output channels are provided by different manufacturers, which are compatible with microcontrollers that consume less current i.e. current of up to some micro amperes.
- Increasing sales of smartphones and other mobile devices are likely to drive the global market for GPIO expanders during the forecast period. Sales of smartphones have been increasing at a rapid pace in developing countries such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brazil.
- Thus, increasing demand for smartphones and other mobile devices is expected to boost the global GPIO expanders market during the forecast period
Introduction of Technologically Advanced Products: A Key Trend in GPIO Expanders Market
- Major manufacturers are introducing new technologies in GPIO expanders in order to serve applications such as small, wearable mobile devices and cloud server. In addition, manufacturers are focusing on the development of GPIO expanders with new features in terms of design
- Moreover, manufacturers are constantly trying to reduce operating voltages to lower battery drain and lengthen the time between two battery charging
- Leading market players are looking for new opportunities of growth and are manufacturing new GPIO extenders with low power consumption. This factor is expected to drive the global GPIO extenders market during the forecast period.
Decline in Demand for Consumer Electronics Products
- There is a slowdown in the consumer electronics industry currently, due to decrease in the sale of products such as personal computers, cameras, TV sets, MP3 players, and e-book readers
- Decline in import duties by governments is likely to result in increased domestic production of consumer electronics products in the near future. This would have an adverse effect on exports of consumer electronics products.
- The impact of this restraint is low at present and is expected to reduce in the near future
GPIO Expanders Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of companies in the GPIO expanders market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the GPIO expanders market are
- NXP Semiconductors
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Maxlinear, Inc.
- Texas Instrument
- Lattice Semiconductor
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Silicon Laboratories
- On Semiconductor
- Semtech Corp.
- Diodes Incorporated SA
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
GPIO Expanders Market: Key Developments
Key providers of GPIO expanders are focusing on new product development and technological advancements. Some of the key developments in the GPIO expanders market are as follows:
- In March 2019, Adafruit, an open-source hardware company, launched a new product called Adafruit GPIO Expander Bonnet with 16 additional I/O over I2C. The product includes 16 additional digital input/output pins, which can be used for different input and output connections. Each pin can be set as a digital output (high or low) or as an input, with an internal pull-up. Primarily, these pins are designed for circuitry connections to SDA/SCL I2C pins for control.
In the report on the global GPIO expanders market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of GPIO expanders. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and market share analysis of key players operating in the GPIO expanders market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]