Food Contact Paper Market: Opportunities Abound as Customized & Multifunctional Packaging Takes Centre Stage
With paper increasingly becoming the material of choice for food packaging, for both, consumers and manufacturers, there has been a flurry of activity in the global paper packaging market. Manufacturers in the food contact paper market are increasingly trying to keep pace with this growing demand for paper packaging solutions for food, while focusing on improving the functionality of the paper used. They are aiming at product innovation that offers characteristics such as moisture-resistance, grease resistance, and temperature control. With multifunctional packaging paper, as a product, being relatively new and offered by a few players in the global food contact paper market, manufacturers are beginning to focus on R&D into the same to gain a competitive advantage.
The trend of tailor-made products has had a big impact on the global food contact paper market, as manufacturers are increasingly looking at customized products in order to enhance product appeal for end users in the value chain. This has opened up a plethora of opportunities for players, as customized and specialized products are becoming a routine option being offered, aimed at expanding the customer base.
The global food contact paper market is expected to expand at a moderate pace throughout the forecast period, and reach a valuation of ~US$ 7.4 Bn by the end of the forecast period (2019-2027).
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Food Contact Paper Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=15971
Environmentally-friendly Materials and Circular Economy
Convenience and ready-to-go foods have witnessed significant growth in recent decades, primarily driven by changing lifestyles, boosting the growth of the food packaging market. Globally, there is a push for the reduction of plastics from packaging, especially where food is concerned, which can be attributed to the growing pressure from governments to decrease plastic waste. This is particularly significant in the case of single-use food packaging that is used by food companies, which has resulted in paper packaging gaining traction. Key players in the global food contact paper market are leveraging this increasing awareness and interest in environmentally-friendly food packaging materials to introduce lighter, efficient single-use food packaging products.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=15971
Circular Economy – another buzzword in the overall packaging market, which primarily focuses on minimizing the loss of value of products and the continual use of resources, has also led to manufacturers not just focusing on making products that can be reused and recycled, but those which can also be redesigned.
Thickness of Paper: Significant Factor Affecting Adoption
Food contact paper of varying thickness is widely used, from cooking and baking to the packaging of both, solid and liquid foods. However, the common denominator of all these applications is the preference for food contact paper that does not dissolve into the food, compromising its integrity. In 2018, by value, food contact paper with a thickness of up to 30 GSM accounted for over half of the total market share, the popularity of which can be attributed to this paper being thick enough to hold the contaminants that are released by the food. This segment will continue to occupy the largest share of the food contact paper market by revenue at the end of the forecast period
Food Integrity and Regulations Governing Overall Food Contact Paper Landscape
The premium placed on preserving the integrity of food is very high, from both, consumers and food manufacturers. To this end, several regulatory organizations around the world have been established to monitor the quality of food contact packaging materials. Regulations imposed by these organizations, such as the FDA in North America, have had an indisputable effect on the expansion of the larger food packaging materials industry, and specifically, the food paper contact market.
Manufacturers in the food contact paper market have increasingly targeted their R&D activities toward aligning with these regulations regarding the use of harmful chemicals in the production of food contact paper. One of the biggest challenges faced by players in the market is treating food contact paper with chemicals to make them waterproof or grease-proof. However, the use of these chemicals is allowed only with a functional barrier also being incorporated into the product so as to prevent it from contaminating the food.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Food Contact Paper Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=15971
Food Contact Paper Market: Key Insights
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the food contact paper market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, increasing growth of online foodservice platforms is expected to bolster the growth of the food contact paper market during the forecast period.
- Globally, the food contact paper market is projected to be valued at ~US$ 5 billion in 2019, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% in terms of value, throughout the forecast period.
- The global food contact paper market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 7.4 Bn by the end of 2027.
Significant Impact of Greaseproof Food Packaging on Food Quality
- Material Preference: Specialty Paper – Specialty paper provides high barrier and greaseproof properties to products, such as dairy products. Increment in the consumption of parchment paper, which is a type of greaseproof paper, owing to its moisture-resistant properties, is expected to expand the food contact paper market.
- Thickness Segment: Manufacturers prefer food contact paper that does not integrate chemicals into the food products easily, and are thick enough to hold all contaminants released by fatty and oily foods. Also, food contact paper should be in compliance with regulations related to food contact materials. To achieve this, manufacturers are looking forward to investing in specialty papers. Therefore, specialty papers with thickness of 30-50 GSM in the food contact paper market are expected to create high incremental opportunity as compared to the other segments.