Expanding 5G Network Strives to Offset Losses Owing to COVID-19 Outbreak
The ripple effects of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak have spread through the fiber optics industry. With several events and conferences being cancelled or postponed, companies in the fiber optic connectors market are relying on the rapidly growing 5G networking infrastructure to keep businesses running during and post the COVID-19 era. This explains why analysts at the Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that the fiber optic connectors market is projected to clock a favorable CAGR of 7.5% during the assessment period.
Suppliers of hardware and software equipment are capitalizing on the ever-expanding 5G infrastructure. Consumer phones offered by Huawei and Apple are being enabled with the 5G connectivity. Sales of such phones are anticipated to surge in 2024 when the global economy strives to recover and offset the losses of 2024. This trend is bolstering the growth of the telecom industry.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fiber Optic Connectors Market
Robust Connectors Gain Prominence in Medical Technology and Industrial Automation Industries
Apart from data centers and the telecom sector, companies in the fiber optic connectors market are tapping into revenue opportunities in the power plant technology, industrial automation, and wind turbines industry. For instance, Rosenberger— a specialist in the RF technology is increasing its production capacities to manufacture robust fiber optic connectors that are being made available to users in the medical technology sector. Such innovative products are driving the fiber optic connectors market, which is predicted to surpass the valuation of US$ 5.7 Bn by the end of 2025.
Innovations in modern fiber optic connectors are being driven by increased digitalization and demands placed on data centers. There is a growing hunger for fast and secure transmission of huge volumes of data. Hence, manufacturers are increasing the availability of high-quality connectors to facilitate highest data transmission rates.
In-depth Planning Helps Overcome Speed and Cost Obstacles in FTTH Communication
Fiber optic connectors have become customary in FTTH (Fiber to the Home) communication networks. Although every type of connector is of a unique design, its pros and cons have a dramatic impact on the deployment speeds and costs for FTTH. For instance, differences between the types of connectors are often overlooked during complex planning around fiber deployments depending on the size of the project. Hence, companies in the fiber optic connectors market are educating network planners to take enough time while planning and investigating the right set of connectors to balance the speed and cost specifications.
The era of hollow-core fibers is setting in for the fiber optic connectors market. Bulgin— a manufacturer of environmentally sealed waterproof connectors and electronic components, is increasing its product portfolio in rugged fiber connectors that can be used in harsh environments and prevent contamination.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Quality SC, ST Patchcords Meet Ever-increasing Demand in Passive Optical Networks
Companies in the fiber optic connectors market are increasing their R&D activities to develop products that are easy to handle, comply with low space requirements, and ensure mechanical stability in continuous operations. In order to achieve this, manufacturers are pushing sales for easy push-pull-boot LCs (Lucent Connectors), which adhere to high-density concepts.
The increasing number of data networks and FTTH applications is acting as key driver for the fiber optic connectors market. Optokon— a telecommunications equipment supplier based in Jihlava, Czechia, is increasing its production capacities in SC (Standard Connectors), FC, and ST (Straight Tip) patchords, among others to meet demanding applications in telecom sectors and data centers. Manufacturers are providing innovative and customized solutions to end users in order to comply with international standards. The ever-increasing demand in passive optical networks (PON) is a key market driver, owing to high optical and mechanical specifications.
Rapid Technological Advancements in U.S. Telecom Sector Boost Market Growth
The next gen splicing is being made possible with robust MDC connectors that offer simple insertion and field-polarity configurability. Companies in the fiber optic connectors market are providing innovative MDC platforms that adhere to high-density fiber management in data center environments. They are developing various cable and fiber management solutions incorporating MDC platforms to capitalize on revenue opportunities. As such, manufacturers are unlocking growth opportunities in the U.S. due to rapid technological advancements and expansion of the U.S. telecom sector.
Manufacturers in the fiber optic connectors market are increasing the availability of enterprise and data center solutions. Established companies with more than decades of production expertise have an edge over emerging market players. The former is strengthening their distribution chains across Asia, South America, and Europe to bolster revenue growth. Attributes such as innovative labelling and tool-less cable strain relief are fueling the demand for MDC connectors.
Fiber Optic R&D Innovations Improve Productivity in IT Sector
Constant investments in fiber optic R&D innovations are helping manufacturers in the fiber optic connectors market gain competitive edge. Tellabs— a global network technology provider based in Texas, U.S., closely identifies itself with fiber optic R&D innovations to empower users in private and governmental agencies. The industry-led fiber-based connectivity is eliminating issues of business disruption caused due to constant technological advancements. The fiber optic technology is gaining popularity as the safest and smartest investment for various organizations, campuses, and enterprises.
Fiber cabling is eliminating the complexity and costs associated with traditional network infrastructures, owing to its advantages of high bandwidth capacity and longer reach. As such, passive optical LAN architectures are improving IT productivity through simplification of the fiber optic technology. The fiber optic technology is being highly preferred by users in data centers and the telecom sector, as this technology offers flexibility in infrastructure design options.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Fiber Optic Connectors Market
Home broadband connections are anticipated to surge in the upcoming years, since users have become comfortable with work-from-home environments during the coronavirus pandemic. This is expected to fuel the demand for FTTH broadband deployment. Even though companies in the fiber optic connectors market are developing compliance test boards and adhering to industry standards, they need to address issues of thermal management and limited port density associated with co-packaged optics. Hence, manufacturers should increase their production capacities in small profile, passive optical connectors to overcome limitations of port density, and channel count. Flexible infrastructure design options with connectors are helping to facilitate economically right-size network capacities and density.
Fiber Optic Connectors Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global fiber optic connectors market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2024–2025, increasing usage of fiber optic connectors in telecommunication and data center sectors for long-distance transmission and cloud computing applications are expected to boost the global fiber optic connectors market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global fiber optic connectors market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 5.7 Bn by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period
Large-scale Production and Technological Advancements: A Key Driver
- Fiber is becoming an increasingly feasible option for local area networks and enterprise networks, especially with the growing demand for passive optical networks (PONs)
- Properties of high bandwidth performance and exponential distance are opening up a range of options for fiber optic connectors for next-generation network infrastructure. Other properties of fiber optic connectors such as high efficiency in energy consumption, weight, and space as well as security and installation benefits are facilitating the large-scale production of these connectors.
- Technological advancements have enabled the production of multi-fiber connectors, which are a medium for satisfying the increasing demand for transmission speed and data volume across short distances
- For instance, multiple-fiber push-on (MPO) technology is being introduced in data centers to achieve ultra-high density in cabling for high performance data networks
- Mechanical transfer push-on (MTP) has been developed by the American connectivity specialist US Conec Ltd. to achieve better attenuation values than the traditional fiber optic connectors
- Demand for fiber optic connectors is estimated to increase over the next few years and major players in the fiber optic connectors market are utilizing the economies of scale to meet the rising demand
- The phenomenal growth in wireless networking systems is hampering the advancement of fiber optics. This, in turn, is slowing down the demand for optical modules and components, especially in emerging countries such as the U.S., Japan, and Indonesia, which are more suited to wireless network rather than fiber optic networks.
Increase in Demand for High Bandwidth in Telecommunication Sector
- Telecommunications industry is experiencing unexpected exponential growth and along with that, demand for high bandwidth is insatiable among consumers
- Along with the increase in the number of telecommunication subscribers, a tremendous rise in online time spent by existing customers is also being witnessed
- High bandwidth is important for applications such as video calling, online gaming, and files downloading; greater demand for high bandwidth is being witnessed due to increase in the number of Internet users.
- Moreover, with increasing demand for higher speed in attached devices and their applications, telecommunication vendors have found a solution to these issues by expanding existing networks and building new networks
- Telecommunication vendors have gradually moved to optical networking, which is inherently capable of carrying a higher bandwidth capacity than the existing infrastructure
- Fiber optic connectors, which are used in optical networking, facilitate faster data transfer in comparison with traditional copper wires, which are largely used in regular broadband connections. In the telecommunications sector, fiber optic connectors are replacing copper wires in long-distance telephone lines.
- Growing demand for high-speed bandwidth is also leading to an increased demand for bigger bandwidth pipes. Furthermore, rising demand for centralized private clouds and cloud computing is also driving the market for fiber optic connectors.
- Thus, demand for high bandwidth in telecommunication applications is expected to have a positive impact on the global fiber optic connectors market during the forecast period
Fiber Optic Connectors Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of fiber optic connectors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global fiber optic connectors market are
- Amphenol Corporation
- Broadcom, Corning Cable Systems LLC
- Diamond SA
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.
- Molex LLC
- Senko Advanced Components
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- TE Connectivity
- US Conec Ltd.
Fiber Optic Connectors Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of fiber optic connectors, such as Senko Advanced Components, Molex LLC, and Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. are focusing on the construction of cost-effective fiber optic connectors to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global fiber optic connectors market are highlighted below:
- In June 2019, Senko Advanced Components launched its latest fiber optic inspection device at ANGACOM 2019. The new Smart Probe 2 allows data centers and telecom providers to save maintenance time and help prevent network failures.
- In March 2019, Molex LLC, released PowerCat 6A UTP solution with improved data transmission over higher frequencies and enhanced noise suppression
- In March 2018, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. developed a thin ultra-high count multi-core “rollable ribbon” optical fiber cable that boasts the world’s highest core density for use as high-capacity optical fiber cable required in data centers and other locations
- In the global fiber optic connectors market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of fiber optic connectors. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global fiber optic connectors market.