Fetal Fibronectin Test Market: Introduction
- Prematurity is one of the leading causes of neonatal deaths worldwide. More than one million newborns die of prematurity each year and those who are able to survive suffer from several disabilities. According to an NIH report, it was found that around 15 million babies born worldwide are premature with increasing rates over past few decades. This indicates that the use of fetal fibronectin test is expected to increase gradually in the near future.
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/fetal-fibronectin-test-market.html
- Fetal fibronectin is a protein that acts as a biological glue and helps in keeping the amniotic sac attached to the lining of the uterus. If a disruption occurs in this connection due to an infection, inflammation, or other reasons, the fetal fibronectin is released into the cervix along with other cervicovaginal secretions.
- Fetal fibronectin test is generally performed to rule out risks of preterm labor. A swab is taken from the cervical lining and is analyzed for the presence of fibronectin. If the test comes out positive, the clinician expects a premature birth and prepares to handle the premature labor accordingly, for example, by administering drugs to enhance the baby’s lung maturity.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74167
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
- Some of the major growth drivers for the fetal fibronectin test market are high incidence rate of premature births, increase in age of maternal population, high birth rates in less developed and developing economies, increase in awareness about prenatal and neonatal care, and rise in demand for advanced and/or improved measures for prenatal and neonatal care.
- However, extremely low birth rates in some of the developed economies may restrain the fetal fibronectin test market in the near future. Furthermore, growth in emerging economies, increased government support, and relative funding is expected to continue boosting the fetal fibronectin test market’s growth in the next few years.
- Childbirth that occurs before 37 weeks or 259 days of normal gestation period is referred to as preterm birth. Such births have been rising in the recent past due to increase in maternal age of the population in various regions of the world. Preterm birth is a major factor for neonatal morbidities and mortalities, and it also has long-term adverse effects on neonatal health. Premature children have increased chances of having or developing cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, respiratory problems, sensory deficits, and many other problems when compared to children born at term.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Fetal Fibronectin Test Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74167
Rapid fFN Segment to Provide Lucrative Growth Opportunities in Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
- The fetal fibronectin test market can be segmented on the basis of test type and end-user
- The test type segment can be bifurcated into a quantitative solid-phase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and a qualitative membrane immunosorbent assay (Rapid fFN).
- Rapid fFN is expected to grow at a faster growth rate during the forecast period due to the test practicality as it gives the result within half an hour of test while ELISA-based quantitative test can take up to 4 to 48 hours to generate results.
- Based on end-user, the fetal fibronectin test market can be segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, and diagnostic laboratories
North America to Lead Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
- The global fetal fibronectin test market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for fetal fibronectin test due to high health care expenditure and higher consciousness regarding the importance of such tests.
- According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) journal, in 2005, the health care costs linked to preterm births in the U.S. alone, in terms of medical and educational expenditure and lost efficiency, were more than US$ 26.2 Bn. NIH estimated that 12.9 million (9.6%) births worldwide among all births were preterm births in 2005. It was also estimated that Asia and Africa together were the largest contributors of preterm births with 11 million, accounting for 85% of the global preterm births. The higher rates of preterm births have increased the requirements for prenatal as well as neonatal care, all of which have resulted in the growth of the fetal fibronectin test market.
Pre Book Fetal Fibronectin Test Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=74167<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Fetal Fibronectin Test Market
Key players operating in the global fetal fibronectin test market are:
- Hologic, Inc.
- IQ Products
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sera Prognostics
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/prostate-cancer-therapeutics-market-is-projected-to-expand-at-a-cagr-of-8-percent-from-2019-to-2027/
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/global-antimicrobial-susceptibility-test-market-to-expand-with-a-cagr-of-4-6-percent-due-to-growing-awareness-about-bacterial-diseases/
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453