Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market: Introduction
- Tablets and capsules play a crucial role in the administration of drugs via the oral route. They are also widely preferred to treat several diseases. Enteric coatings are usually polymers, such as cellulose acetate phthalate, acrylates, and polyvinyl acetate phthalate, which are applied to the tablets in a coating machine, after the compression step. Sugar-coated enteric tablets are manufactured by incorporating the enteric polymer within the sealing layer – in sugar coated tablets, a sealant is coated on the compressed tablet before the sugar layer(s) are applied. Most tablets and capsules dosage forms are effective if released immediately into the blood stream. In several cases, the active ingredient is required slowly or target the release to a specific area of the body. In such cases, enteric-coated tablets and capsules are used for controlled release of drugs.
- An active ingredient or formulation in enteric-coated tablets and capsules dissolves slowly in the body fluids and may achieve a sustained release; however, it may also be affected by food and the local pH of the surrounding fluids. Furthermore, it may be necessary for the drug to pass through the low pH stomach fluids and be released at higher pH in the intestinal tract. Controlled release of active ingredient from orally administered tablets is normally achieved by applying an enteric coating to the surface of the tablet.
- Enteric coating is a useful strategy for the oral delivery of drugs such as insulin, which rapidly degrades in the stomach, as it prevents the drug being released in the acidic conditions of the stomach before reaching the intestine
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market
- Rising number of pharmaceutical companies and unique features such as protecting the stomach against the negative/irritant effects of the tablet’s and capsule’s formulation. These have been the major drivers for the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market.
- In very few cases, patients have faced issues such as upset stomach and heartburn. These reasons may hamper the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market.
- Ongoing research & development to make enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules usable in more number of disease cases is estimated to create opportunity for the market
Pre Book A Report at
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share in the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market. Rapid research and developments and technological advancement of pharmaceutical production facilities have boosted the enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market in the region.
- The enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace, as the region is home to a significantly high number of diabetic patients who require a regular dosage of insulin. Oral delivery of insulin with the help enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules has remained a highly effective method for drug delivery.
Request For Brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=80885
Key Players Operating in Global Enteric-Coated and Controlled-Release Tablets and Capsules Market
The global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global enteric-coated and controlled-release tablets and capsules market are:
- CapsulCN International Co., Ltd.
- NATURAL CAPSULES LIMITED
- Suheung Co., Ltd.
- GFR Pharma, ACG
- Shaanxi Genex Bio-Tech Co., Ltd.
- GELITA AG
- Colorcon and Almac Group
Read Our Trending Press Release Below
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]