VFD-based Multiple Pump Operation and Control Ensure Energy Savings for Users
Hydropneumatic domestic booster pumps are becoming increasingly commonplace. They are used to maintain uniform and constant water pressure in all tap points and water outlets. Companies in the domestic booster pump market are increasing their production capabilities to design pressure booster pumps with single or multiple pumps and tanks to deploy variable frequency drives. As such, single stage products dictate a higher revenue as compared to multiple stage products in the market. Thus, environmental engineering company Korgen Tech Systems in India is increasing its efficacy in hydropneumatic pressure booster pumps that have automated features and monitor the water flow.
Companies in the domestic booster pump market are increasing awareness to highlight the advantages of variable frequency drives (VFD) in pumps, which involves delivery of exact amount of water resulting in energy savings. They are developing pumps that maintain constant pressure through VFD-based multiple pump operation and control features.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Domestic Booster Pump Market
Smart Plug-and-Play Domestic Booster Pumps Help Reduce Maintenance Costs
The domestic booster pump market is estimated to reach an output of ~36,000 units by the end of 2030. However, drawbacks of oversized, overpowered and fixed-speed domestic booster pumps are posing as barriers for its widespread adoption in high-rise buildings. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities to develop smart pump systems that ensure energy savings. For instance, Rikos Energy— a provider of innovative utility solutions for multi-residential buildings has gained efficacy in state-of-the-art smart systems called the Wolfpack Series pumps that are pre-programmed with VFD functions to increase efficiency and save energy.
Energy saving has become of the most important focal points for manufacturers in the domestic booster pump market to generate increased sales. They are improving their production capabilities to develop plug-and-play booster pumps that meet the convenience of users. Minimum maintenance and limited environmental footprint are some the key takeaways that companies are adopting to capitalize on value-grab opportunities.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies Address Emergency Situations Arising from Loss of Essential Services amidst COVID-19 Crisis
Ongoing developments of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) have caused a slowdown of business activities in the domestic booster pump market. For instance, Grundfos— a Danish pump manufacturer announced in its official statement to shut down its trade counter for all business activities as well as for the general public. Companies are adopting such preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 among its workers and employees and safeguard their health.
As such, companies are catering to the supply of emergency spare parts and have assigned dedicated sales/service departments to meet the needs of customers. They are also addressing emergency service calls, if customers register for issues such as faulty domestic booster pumps, resulting in loss of water supply, heating, and other essential services. Moreover, companies are taking responsibility of extreme emergencies that require the collection of goods at a prearranged time. Companies in the domestic booster pump market are increasing efforts to keep its clients updated with the latest proceedings in their organization through their website and social media channels.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Domestic Booster Pump Market
Domestic Booster Pump Market: Overview
- According to a latest market report published by Transparency Market Research on the domestic booster pump market for the period 2020-2030 (wherein 2020-2030 is the forecast period and 2019 is the base year), increase in household construction across the globe is expected to drive the domestic booster pump market
- Globally, revenue generated by the domestic booster pump market accounted for ~US$ 2.7 Bn in 2019, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.5% in terms of value during the forecast period
Increasing Household Construction: A Key Driver
- In recent years, household construction industry has grown at a good pace. Booster pumps are one of the important components of residential flats, houses, farm houses, and guest houses. Increasing population pressure and growing density results in varying water pressure during peak hours as demand rises. Furthermore, growing water consumption through a single water source, and poor water management of municipal corporations drives the growth of the booster pump market.
- Manufacturers have combined traditional pumps with technology to attract more customers and to deal with the competition. Therefore, continuous growth in the residential construction sector is expected to drive the growth of the booster pumps market.
Energy Crisis a Significant Opportunity for Domestic Booster Pump Market
- Increasing energy crisis and government regulations are motivating pump manufacturers across the globe to develop energy-efficient products and solutions
- The European Commission, through the Intelligent Energy – Europe (IEE) program, started a project named Energy + Pumps, which is expected to initiate a market transformation to new and highly energy-efficient pumps and technologies for small- and medium-sized circulators in domestic heating systems
- Regions such as Middle East & Africa do not have a domestic manufacturing base for pump production, and therefore, depend on imports and have emerged as attractive export destinations with low-priced Indian and Chinese pump sets creating an advantage over their high-cost American and European counterparts
- The allocation of huge funds by governments of countries such as India toward industrialization and urbanization projects is anticipated to create massive opportunities for the pumps and booster pumps industry in the near future
Omni-channel Strategy of Booster Pumps Industry: Key Trend of the Market
- Omni-channel strategy is believed to be an efficient distribution channel for engaging consumers. Omni-channel strategy is expected to have a compounding impact on the growth of wholesalers. It has helped retailers to enlarge their customer base. Since it unifies all the channels, it effectively promotes the idea of one brand, one experience to consumers across all touch points.
- Omni-channel has been proposed as an efficient strategy, which could help wholesalers to compete with online giants. Wholesalers can effectively cater to large number of consumers with successful implementation in terms of supply chain management and inventory management.
Initial Cost of Booster Pumps and Varying Standards to Hamper Market Growth
- A booster pump consists of sensors, control units, relays, etc., which increases the overall cost of the product. The number of people buying these pumps is limited currently due to high cost of booster pumps compared to traditional pumps.
- Traditional pumps are widely used all over the world and booster pumps are mainly used where pressure of the fluid is not adequate. This is compounded by varying standards of inputs such as voltage, current, and power requirement of booster pumps. Thus, usage of traditional pumps is higher than booster pumps. This might hamper the growth of the booster pump market.
Domestic Booster Pump Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturing players of domestic booster pumps have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the domestic booster pump market include
- KSB SE & Co. KGaA
- Grundfos Holding A/S
- Alfred Karcher GmbH & Co. KG
- WILO SE
- Xylem Inc.
Domestic Booster Pump Market: Key Developments
- Prominent manufacturers in the domestic booster pump market are increasing investments in innovative domestic booster pumps to fulfill the needs of end users. Manufacturers are also planning to expand their range of products and presence in various geographies through mergers & acquisitions and tie-ups with local domestic booster pump providers.
- Some other key developments in the domestic booster pump market are highlighted below:
- In March 2020, Wilo SE inaugurated its new subsidiary Wilo Chile SpA in Chile
- In 2019, Franklin Electric Co., Inc. acquired 70% of the outstanding stock of Pluga Pumps and Motors Private Limited, based in a newly constructed facility in Vadodara, India
- In December 2019, Grundfos Holding A/S signed a partnership with Siemens AG to tackle global water challenges and save energy with a focus on water and wastewater applications, industrial automation, and building technology
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]