Dog Supplement Market: Introduction
- Dog supplements are consumed by dogs and are meant to provide them with desired nutrition. Dogs need several different kinds of nutrients such as amino acids from proteins, fatty acids and carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and water. Recommended daily allowances for dietary nutrients are based on the minimum amount required to maintain good health in normal dogs.
- A dog’s unique nutritional requirement depends on its size, its breed, and its stage in life, among other factors. A better understanding of how dogs use the various nutrients in food and how much of them they need can help to choose a healthier diet for dogs.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Dog Supplement Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of the Global Dog Supplement Market
- The major driving force behind the growth of dog supplements is that pet owners view these products as natural ways to promote health and wellness. Animal specialists recommend dog supplements as a reasonable substitute to animal drugs and are further willing to suggest them as alternate therapy.
- Awareness is still the key to marketing dietary supplements. Pet owners need to be cognizant about active ingredients as well as specific products in dog supplements, and be acquainted about which supplements are “beneficial” and which ones are “treats.”
Key Opportunities in the Global Dog Supplement Market
- As dog owners take extra care about their dog’s health and fitness, veterinary certifications of dog supplements are rising and progressively re-enforcing their prominence in maintaining the overall health of dogs.
- Many retailers now partner with nearby veterinary facilities to support clinicians’ recommendations and in turn provide the clinics with in-depth product information and samples, thus creating opportunity for growth.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges of the Global Dog Supplement Market
- It is of prime concern to gauge whether or not animal dietary supplements are safe and at what dosage they need to be given. Supplements considered safe in humans and other cross-species are not always safe for dogs.
- Regulations related to dog dietary supplements are still not clear and are very confusing. Clear and precise regulations are needed to allow only safe dietary supplements in the market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global dog supplement market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the dog supplement market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the dog supplement market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America dog supplement market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America captured the largest market share due to increased dog adoption. Dog care and dog supplements go hand in hand as people generally treat dogs as part of their family.
- The Asia Pacific dog supplement market is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. The market is largely driven by expected increase in pet dogs in Australia, Japan, and India
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Players in the global dog supplement market are focusing on strengthening their distribution channels in organized retailing to increase sales revenue. Growing pet and vet stores coupled with growing awareness about dog supplements are driving the dog supplement market.
A few of the key players operating in the global dog supplement market are:
- Nestle Purina Pet Care
- VetriScience Laboratories
- NOW Food
- Novotech Nutraceuticals
- Ark Naturals
- Kemin Industries
Global Dog Supplement Market: Research Scope
Global Dog Supplement Market, by Product Type
- Multivitamins and Minerals
- Essentials Fatty Acids
- Digestive Enzymes
- Others (Glucosamine, Green Tripe, Etc.)
Global Dog Supplement Market, by Price
Global Dog Supplement Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company-owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Large Format Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Pharma Stores
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]