Distributed Acoustic Sensing: Introduction
- The distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) system is emerging as a passive sensing technology used for detecting sound signals.
- Distributed acoustic sensing has several advantages such as relatively slim cable, lower cost, easier installation process, and data continuity due to its thin cable. It also measures the complete vertical coverage of a well without any fiber movement.
- The distributed acoustic sensing market is segmented by fiber type (single-mode fiber and multimode fiber), industry vertical (oil & gas, power & utility, security & surveillance, environmental & infrastructure, transportation, and others).
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=81066
Rise in Demand for Single-mode Fiber
- By type, the single-mode fiber segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the global distributed acoustic sensing market during the forecast period.
- Single-mode fiber limits light scattering, which reduces light waste and increases the transmission of data, ensures limited external interference, and also provides vibration sensing. These factors are likely to propel the single-mode fiber distributed acoustic sensing market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, single-mode fiber is thinner than multimode fiber and thus it offers more efficiency for in-well monitoring applications, higher efficiency of intrusion detection, and a more extended range of telecommunication applications, which boosts the growth of single-mode optic fiber in the global distributed acoustic sensing market.
- By industry vertical, the oil & gas industry is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period since distributed acoustic sensing systems offer significant benefits in optimizing and maximizing the production of both offshore and inland oilfields.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market
- In terms of region, the global distributed acoustic sensing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to experience highest growth in the distributed acoustic sensing market throughout the forecast period due to rising oil production operations and the development of military and infrastructure sectors in the region.
- Moreover, the growing infrastructure in fast developing countries of the region such as China, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, and India presents huge potential for the implementation of distributed acoustic sensing systems.
- Furthermore, the rising military strength in the region and the expansion of oil & gas pipelines, and increased foreign investments in the advancement of oilfields is also likely to propel the demand for distributed acoustic sensing during the forecast period.
- The distributed acoustic sensing market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the focus of regional governments on in-house optic fiber production and the presence of a large number of oil and gas producing players.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in the Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market
The global distributed acoustic sensing market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for distributed acoustic sensing. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global distributed acoustic sensing market are:
- Schlumberger Limited
- Halliburton Corporation
- Baker Hughes
- Future Fibre Technologies
- Fotech Solutions
- Hifi Engineering
- Silixa Ltd
- Aragon Photonics
- Febus Optics
- AP Sensing
- T.G. Baker Americas
- Fibre Completion Services
- Fiber SenSys
You May Also Like PRNewswire on Self-Driving Car Market