Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market: Introduction
- Depth of anesthesia can be defined as the degree to which the central nervous system (CNS) is depressed by the administration of general anesthetic agent, based on the potency of the anesthetic agent and its concentration. Depth of anesthesia refers to a continuum of progressive depression of CNS and reduced responsiveness to stimulation.
- Measuring the depth of anesthesia is fundamental to the anesthetic practice and is essential for maintaining a balance between restricting the movement to pain and for maintaining adequate respiration
- Various methods are employed for measuring the depth of anesthesia based on conventional or clinical monitoring and brain’s electrical activity monitoring. Clinical techniques employed for the measurement include checking the responsiveness to commands as well as checking the movements, perspiration, and pupillary responses.
- Other methods of clinical measurements include checking for clinical signs, skin conductance, isolated forearm technique, spontaneous surface electromyogram, lower esophageal contractility, and heart rate variability. Devices employed for measuring brain’s electrical activity include electroencephalogram (EEG) activity monitors, and evoked brain electrical activity monitors.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75955
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
- The strong growth of the market can be attributed to increase in global population and rise in number of surgeries. According to Eurostat, over 1.4 million caesarean sections were performed in Europe in 2017. Cataract surgery was the most common type of surgery performed in Europe, followed by colonoscopy.
- Increase in focus of market players on offering bundled services which include multiparameter modules with inbuilt software that aid in measuring a wide range of parameters is likely to create the demand for depth of anesthesia monitors, thereby contributing to the growth of the market
- However, high cost of devices and high maintenance and installation costs associated with the depth of anesthesia monitors are likely to hinder the growth of the market
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=75955
North America to Lead Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increase in product approvals, well-established health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of accidents leading to rise in number of surgeries
- Europe was the second largest market for depth of anesthesia monitoring devices in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for depth of anesthesia monitoring devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of the governments in countries in Asia on enhancing health care facilities, increasing focus of market players on leveraging growth opportunities offered by emerging markets, and rising medical tourism for various surgical procedures are expected to contribute to the growth of the depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market in the region.
Pre Book Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=75955<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
Leading players in the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market are:
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Mennen Medical Ltd.
- Masimo Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Quantium Medical S.L.U.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Spacelabs Healthcare
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453