Curtain Walls Market: Introduction
- Curtain walls are metal-framed thin walls that usually feature in-fills of thin stones, metal panels, or glass. Aluminum is the most common metal used to design curtain wall frames. These frames are attached to building structures and are not intended to carry roof or floor loads of the building. Development of aluminum-framed curtain walls date back to the early 1930’s and were largely manufactured after World War II when aluminum became accessible for industrial and residential manufacturing.
Key Drivers of the Global Curtain Walls Market
- Growing urbanization and significant investment in infrastructure development are key factors driving the demand for curtain walls. Ongoing advancement in building construction materials and technologies is anticipated to augment the application of curtain walls in modern residential and commercial buildings. Although curtain walls are not intended to provide structural stability, they provide protection from external elements such as weather changes, accidental fire, and UV light.
- Modern architecture is focused on the utilization of new tools and designs to provide improved and sustainable aesthetics. Curtain walls are anticipated to provide sophisticated and unique appearance to modern buildings. Further, real estate developers are increasingly incorporating curtain walls in their commercial building projects to cater to corporate and hospitality sectors.
Request a sample:
Opportunities in the Global Curtain Walls Market
- Increasing demand for sustainable buildings and rising government initiatives to develop smart cities are identified as key market opportunities for curtain wall manufacturers. Key manufacturers are often engaged in extensive research and development to develop improved and bespoke solutions to cater to evolving needs of end-users.
COVID-19 Pandemic has Lowered Demand
Changes in the macroeconomic environment have caused supply chain disruption as well as demand fluctuations in the international market. Further, many construction projects have been postponed due to worker shortage and limited access to required materials and technologies. Therefore, delay in construction activities for residential and commercial projects is expected to affect the demand for curtain walls across key geographies.
Asia Pacific Curtain Walls Market to Expand at Highest CAGR
- By region, the global curtain walls market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the curtain walls market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the curtain walls market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America curtain walls market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- The market growth in Asia Pacific is attributed to the ongoing expansion of the construction industry with strong investment in smart city projects. Moreover, the hospitality sector is increasingly investing in the renovation of hotels and resorts in key countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand to encourage tourism post the pandemic. Governments in emerging economies such as India are focused on infrastructure development to support rapid urbanization and industrialization.
Buy our Premium Research Report@
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key developers of curtain walls are focused on designing personalized solutions along with standard products to cater to a global customer base. Investment in advanced materials, robust R&D projects, and strategic partnerships are key focus areas of curtain wall manufacturers. In addition, companies are focused on aggressive marketing, promotion, and participation in trade expos to strengthen market positioning across target regions.
Some of the major companies identified in the global curtain walls market are:
- Alumil Aluminium Industry S.A.
- Kawneer Company, Inc.
- Schüco International
- Yuanda China Holdings
- AVIC SANXIN
- EFCO Corporation
- GUTMANN AG
- Chin Fangda Group
- Aluk Group
- Apogee Enterprises,
- HansenGroup Ltd.
- Saint-Gobain Glass
- Gold Mantis
- Far East Global Group
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]