Automotive Leather Upholstery Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for vehicles with enhanced vehicle esthetics is anticipated to drive the global leather upholstery market. Vehicle interior is an important feature that attracts the consumer to a particular vehicle brand. Automotive leather upholstery is used in a vehicle to enhance the feel and appearance of the vehicle interior, which can be a compelling factor for a consumer to purchase a vehicle.
Key Drivers of Automotive Leather Upholstery Market
- Rise demand for better driving experience in automobiles is a prominent factor boosting the global automotive leather upholstery market. The leather used in vehicle interior increases the overall esthetic of the interior and provides comfortable experience for driver and passengers.
- Synthetic leather, which uses vinyl coating, can be made to look almost identical to leather; however, substantial difference in quality between the two compels automakers to use genuine leather. Leather is more durable than vinyl and it can last much longer than vinyl with proper maintenance. Additionally, leather becomes softer over time and become more comfortable, enhancing the driving experience for passengers and the driver alike.
- Automotive leather offers various advantages over its alternative such as fabrics. Automotive leather is stain resistant and easier to clean. It functions well during cooling, heating, and ventilation in a vehicle; it is more durable and can be used for a long time as compared to fabrics. Additionally, leather increases the overall esthetic of the interiors, which adds significantly to the resale value of the automobile. All the factors mentioned above are likely to propel the global leather upholstery market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive Leather Upholstery Market: Restraint
- The genuine leather used in vehicles to enhance vehicle interiors is obtained from animal hide. The cost of genuine leather is higher than that of other counterparts such as synthetic leather. Manufacturing and processing leather can be a tedious procedure.
- Environment protection organizations such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are compelling automakers to adopt alternate solutions, such as fabrics, instead of leather to decorate automobile interiors. Majority of renowned vehicle brands, including Honda, Subaru, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar and Acura are adopting fabrics for designing leather-free vehicle interiors. Therefore, rise in use of fabric for vehicle interiors is expected to restrain the automotive leather upholstery market, globally.
Asia Pacific to dominate Automotive Leather Upholstery Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive leather upholstery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global automotive leather upholstery market owing to an increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across China, South Korea, and India. Majority of automotive brands are anticipated to manufacture and introduce their vehicle models for the population in Asia Pacific, thereby increasing production of vehicles in the region. Additionally, Asia Pacific has presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the automobile aftermarket.
- Rise in disposable income of the population in countries such as India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand has enabled the population to purchase vehicles with superior luxury features with enhanced vehicle interiors enabled by automotive leather upholstery. This, in turn, is fueling the automotive leather upholstery market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Leather Upholstery Market
The global automotive leather upholstery market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive leather upholstery market are:
- Alea Leather Specialist Inc / Sunguard Group
- BASF SE
- Beijing Automotive Group
- Chang’an Automobile Group
- DK Leather Corporation Berhad
- FAW Group Corporation
- Gst Autoleather, Inc
- Lear Corporation
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation
- Dk Leather Corporation Berhad
- Classic Soft Trim
- Kuraray Co. Ltd.
- Katzkin Leather Inc.
- Wollsdorf Leder Schmidt & Co Ges.M.B.H.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Material
- Genuine Leather
- Synthetic Leather
Global Automotive Leather Upholstery Market, by Sales Channel
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]