Increasing Adoption of Citronellol as Fragrance Enhancer to Boost Market Growth
The demand for citronellol has increased at a rapid pace over the past decade, owing to numerous benefits of citronellol oil and increasing adoption of citronellol for the development of personal care, home care, fabric care, and flavor & fragrance products. The floral, fresh, and citrus elements of citronellol make it an appealing ingredient in a range of products mentioned. While the demand for citronellol is relatively higher from fabric care, home care, and personal care sphere, citronellol is increasingly being used in the food & beverage sector.
The growing popularity of aromatherapy, particularly to cure asthma is one of the key factors expected to augment the citronellol market during the forecast period. The significant rise in the millennial population around the world, notable rise in disposable income, and increasing significance of personal hygiene are other factors anticipated to boost the sales of citronellol products during the assessment period. Research and development activities, along with the FDA approval of citronellol products are anticipated to provide an impetus to growth of the citronellol market during the assessment period.
At the back of these factors, the global citronellol market is expected to reach the ~US$ 150 Mn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Citronellol Market
Researchers Explore Therapeutic Potential of Citronellol Essential Oil
For several centuries, mosquito borne diseases, including yellow fever, dengue, malaria, filariasis, and chikunguniya are some of the most prominent causes of mortality and morbidity in both livestock as well as humans worldwide. Researchers and scientists are increasingly leaning toward leveraging the benefits and medicinal value of aromatic plants for their medicinal value due to which, citronellol has garnered considerable popularity in the past few years. This trend is expected to gain further momentum in the upcoming years. Research activities are bolstering the adoption of plant-based essential oil, as adjuvants in biomedical, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, agriculture, and veterinary sectors. Furthermore, essential oils are increasingly gaining interest from the scientific community as an effective treatment alternative for a range of disorders.
The demand for natural insect repellents, including essential oils such as citronellol oil as an alternative for synthetic repellents is on the rise – a factor that is expected to accelerate the growth of the global citronellol market. Citronellol oil has repeatedly exhibited impressive efficacy against mosquitoes due to which, the demand for citronellol oil is witnessing the upward trajectory. Furthermore, citronellol essential oil is also registered as an insect repellent in several regions of the world, due to the low toxicity, high customer satisfaction, and high efficacy.
Surge in Demand from Cosmetic and Personal Care Industries to Drive Market
The increasing demand for natural and plant-based cosmetic and personal care products is one of the critical factors that is boosting the citronellol market– a trend that is likely to continue during the assessment period. Citronellol is increasingly being used in cosmetic formulations and skincare products to improve the fragrance. In addition, in comparison with other essential oils, citronellol does not cause irritation to the skin and has low permeability– another major factor that makes citronellol an ideal ingredient to enhance scents of different products, including shaving creams, lotions, creams, and shampoos. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has labelled citronellol safe to use as a direct addition for food due to which, the demand from the food & beverage industry continues to rise at a steady pace.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Swelling Popularity of Aromatherapy amid COVID-19 Pandemic to Steer Market Growth
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a moderate impact on the overall growth of the global citronellol market in 2022. The demand from the cosmetic industry could witness a slight decline due to trade and transportation restrictions by various countries due to the swelling number of COVID-19 cases. Furthermore, while the market showed signs of recovery in the third quarter of 2022, the arrival of second wave across major regions in the European Union could dent the growth of the market. However, the increasing demand for aromatherapy, particularly in developing regions is expected to provide a considerable window of opportunity to the players operating in the current citronellol market landscape.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Citronellol Market
The global citronellol market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. The market growth is mainly driven by increasing adoption of citronellol as a fragrance enhancer for the production of skincare, home care, and perfumes, research and development activities, rising demand for natural and plant-based products, and growing popularity of various benefits of citronellol. Market players are expected to focus on increasing their market presence by expanding their product portfolio, curate engaging marketing strategies, and creating awareness pertaining to the benefits of citronellol oil.
Citronellol Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global citronellol market for the base year 2019 and the forecast period 2022 to 2030, rise in usage of citronellol in the fragrance and personal care industries is expected to boost the global citronellol market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global citronellol market is estimated to reach ~US$ 150Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Citronellol in Fragrance and Personal Care Industries: Key Driver
- Consumption of citronellol is highly dependent on fragrance, personal care, and home care products. Rise in population and increase in disposable income are major factors are propelling the demand for fragrance products. Growth in significance of personal hygiene and grooming among men and women is expected to remain one of the key factors driving the global citronellol market. Citronellol is primarily used as a fragrance enhancer. This is anticipated to boost the demand for citronellol in fragrance and personal care industries.
- According to a report published by Cosmetics Europe in 2019, the cosmetics industry in Europe was valued at US$37Bn. Of this, Germany (US$ 15.68 Bn), France (US$ 13.47 Bn), the U.K. (US$ 12.08 Bn), Italy (US$ 11.62 Bn), Spain (US$ 7.88 Bn), and Poland (US$ 5.44 Bn) were the prominent contributors in 2019. The cosmetics and personal care industries in Europe is estimated to expand in the near future, owing to rise in investment in the industry from outside of the EU region and increase in R&D activities. This is projected to propel the demand for citronellol, as it is a cosmetic ingredient. In turn, this is likely to augment the citronellol market in the near future.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/increasing-production-of-crude-oil-set-to-propel-tall-oil-fatty-acid-market-forward-tmr-806992482.html
Major Challenges for Citronellol Market
- Ingredients of natural fragrances such as citronellol are generally composed of ingredients harvested from sustainably grown plants (rose) rather than petrochemicals. However, synthetic ingredients derived from petrochemicalscan be long lasting, stronger, and less expensive than natural fragrances.
- Linalool and geraniol belong to a section of organic compounds known as terpenoids, which are popular as flavor and fragrance additives. They can act as substitutes of citronellol as fragrance additives. Easy availability of these products can hamper the global citronellol market, as linalool and geraniol offer the same functionality. Geraniol is also used as a raw material in the formulation of natural citronellol.
More than 94% Purity Citronellol to Lead Citronellol Market
- In terms of volume and value, the more than 94% purity segment held major share of the global citronellol market in 2019. Rise in demand for citronellol of more than 94% purity in fragrance and flavor applications is expected to fuel the market over the next few years.
- The between 85% and 87% segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace between 2022 and 2030. Citronellol of purity 85% and87% is primarily used in formulation of products, wherein cost is the major factor in formulation of perfumery and personal care products. Hence, this purity of citronellol is often used interchangeably with citronellol of greater than 94% purity.
Increase in Usage of Citronellol in Personal Care Products to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Rise in inclination of consumers toward maintaining personal esthetic appeal is a key factor driving the global personal care industry. Additionally, penetration of e-Commerce in the personal care sector is expected to boost ease of buying of personal care products.
- Citronellol is a clear, colorless liquid. It is a natural acyclic monoterpenoid. Citronellol is commonly manufactured in natural form as well as synthetic form. It is used in personal care products such as cleansers, perfumes, lipsticks, conditioners, shampoos, facial moisturizers, etc. Citronellol has the ability to retain its characteristic odor at high alkalinity. This makes it a suitable ingredient for personal care products.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=80093
Citronellol Market: Competition Landscape
- The global citronellol market was highly consolidated in 2019. The market is dominated by few key players with global presence such as BASF SE, Jayshree Aromatics Pvt Ltd, Takasago International Corporation, and Privi Speciality Chemicals Limited
- BASF SE dominates the global citronellol market due to its high production capacity. However, various small domestic players in many countries such as China, India, and Japan offer competitive prices.
- BASF SE held more than 30% share of the global citronellol market in 2019. The company has a strong distribution presence in Europe as well as Asia Pacific. BASF India Ltd. and several other regional subsidiaries of BASF SE manufacture citronellol in their respective regions.
- Other players operating in the global citronellol market include
- Crescent Fragrances Pvt. Ltd.
- Guangzhou Baihua Flavours and Fragrances Co., Ltd.
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Emerald Performance Materials
- Zhejiang NHU Co. Ltd.
- Capot Chemical Co., Ltd. In terms of production, Asia Pacific accounts for a prominent share of the global citronellol market.