Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD) can be defined as a genetic disease which follows an X-linked recessive inheritance. It causes the wasting of cardiac and skeletal muscles and progressive weakness in people. This disease is known to primarily affect men, owing to its recessive inheritance.
- BMD is caused owing to a mutation in the dystrophin gene. It is one of the nine dystrophies which primarily affects the voluntary muscles. This disease is similar to Duchene muscular dystrophy, except that the symptoms of BMD appear at a later stage and progress at a slower rate.
- The symptoms of BMD can appear anytime from a patient’s childhood to the early 20s. Muscle weakness associated with this disease affects the pelvis and legs and impacts the patient’s ability to walk, leading to frequent falls and loss of muscle mass. It also affects the heart muscles leading to dilated cardiomyopathy, which enlarges and weakens the heart muscle, affecting the ability to pump blood efficiently. Complications associated with the disease include cardiac arrhythmias, mental impairment, pneumonia, and pulmonary failure.
- There is no cure for the disease; however, treatment revolves around controlling the symptoms to maximize the quality of life of patients
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74350
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market
- Owing to its X-linked recessive inheritance, Becker muscular dystrophy is common in men, with the gene being obtained from carrier mother. Prevalence of the disease is considered to be approximately 1.5 to 6 men in 100,000 population. Prenatal testing and genetic counselling helps in spreading awareness about the disease and its inheritance, which in turn contributes to rise in demand for Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics.
- Continuous investment in research & development on the diagnosis and treatment of Becker muscular dystrophy is projected to fuel the growth of the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market. Significant investments by key players and initiatives by governments for research & development on the treatment of the disease are anticipated to propel the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market.
- However, high cost of genetic testing procedures and lack of effective and specific treatment for Becker muscular dystrophy are expected to hamper the growth of the global market. Moreover, growing research on gene therapy is likely to have a negative impact on the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=74350
North America to Lead Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global Becker muscular therapeutics market owing to rise in awareness among people about prenatal genetic testing, increase in the number of prenatal genetic tests being performed, well-established health care infrastructure, and presence of leading market players.
- Europe was the second largest market for Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Developing health care facilities, rise in awareness about the screening of this rare disease, and investments in clinical trials are anticipated to augment the Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market in Asia Pacific.
Pre Book A Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=74350<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market
Leading players in the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market are:
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc.
- Milo Biotechnology LLC
- Italfarmaco SpA
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research
- Sterilization Services Market: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/outbreak-of-covid-19-to-boost-the-growth-of-global-sterilization-services-market-during-the-tenure-of-2019-to-2027-tmr-301062487.html
- Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market: https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/global-pharmaceutical-excipients-market-to-expand-as-fda-ramps-up-approval-of-new-drug-classes-tmr-817327344.html
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453