Battery Market for Electric Car: Introduction
- Rising popularity of electric vehicles due to growing environmental awareness is boosting the demand for batteries for electric cars
- All electric cars (EVs) have an electric motor instead of an internal combustion engine, which propels the vehicle. This motor is driven by a large traction battery pack. Moreover, in an electric drive vehicle, the auxiliary batteries are provided to power the vehicle accessories such as AC, computer controls, and audio systems.
Key Drivers of Battery Market for Electric Car
- The new generation of consumers of vehicles is highly aware of the ill-effects of emissions from conventional I.C engine vehicles and also the soaring prices of fossil fuels. These factors have transformed the customer demands and preference for transportation, leading to the emergence of cleaner and economical electric vehicles. Moreover, stringent emission norms have forced numerous automakers to electrify their vehicle models at certain levels so that the fuel consumption and tail pipe emissions reduce significantly. This has led automakers to launch newer BEV and PHEV models. Thus, rising awareness about transport emissions has boosted the global battery market for electric car.
- Governments of various countries are increasingly promoting the adoption of electric vehicles by providing monetary or non-monetary benefits to customers, making vehicle emission norms more stringent, and devising promotional policies. Countries such as the U.S., Germany, U.K, France, India, China, and many others have announced subsidies for electric cars. These monetary benefits, in terms of subsidies and tax relaxations, are driving the sale of electric vehicles and consequently, propelling the battery market for electric cars across globe.
Request a sample:
Challenges in Battery Market for Electric Car
- Underdeveloped charging infrastructure for electric cars is restraining the adoption of electric vehicles. Additionally, the electric vehicle battery technology has not attained maturity and hence, there are problems such as overheating, limited power storage, and weight issues. These factors are hampering the battery market for electric cars.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Battery Market for Electric Car
- The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted automotive supply chains, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. Several nations across the globe are presently facing the second wave of this pandemic, which is further hampering the automotive industry and the overall global economy. This disruption has negatively impacted the global battery market for electric car.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Battery Market for Electric Car
- Governments in Asia Pacific have strengthened their regulations related to emissions and are promoting electric cars. Governments are also investing in the development of guidelines and infrastructure for testing of electric vehicles. China is a rapidly emerging market for electric vehicles, overtaking the U.S. and major countries in Europe. The Government of China is developing a long-term plan to abandon vehicles powered by fossil fuels. These factors are driving the share held by Asia Pacific in the global battery market for electric car.
Buy our Premium Research Report@
Key Players Operating in Battery Market for Electric Car
The global battery market for electric car is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the battery market for electric car are:
- A123 Systems LLC
- BYD Co., Ltd.
- Chaowel Power Holdings Limited
- Crown Battery
- East Penn Manufacturing Company
- Exide Industries Limited
- Fengfan Co., Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- Haldex Incorporated
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- International Plc
- Leoch International Tech
- LG Chem. Manufacturing Company
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Panasonic Corporation
- SAMSUNG SDI CO., LTD.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]