Increasing Number of Stakeholders Relying on Extremely Durable Electric Vacuum Pumps
Manufacturers in the automotive electric vacuum pump market are increasing their production capabilities of extremely durable pumps for brake boosters in the EV sector. They are focusing on improving the average lifespan of electric vacuum pumps (EVPs) to emerge as leading global OEMs.
The market share of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) is estimated to grow at an astounding rate, i.e. from ~9% at present to a striking ~32% by 2027, in the automotive electric vacuum pump market. Analysts at Transparency Market Research (TMR) attribute this growth in the BEV sector to the growing adoption of electric vehicles on a global level. Also, various governments around the world are rolling out schemes that encourage individuals to adopt EVs.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=63207<ype=S
Increased adoption of EVs has fueled innovation in the automotive electric vacuum pump market. Newly-introduced EVPs help enhance overall vehicle performance, since developing efficacious braking systems is a top priority for EV car manufacturers. As such, manufacturers are increasing research & development to perform extensive testing regimes that examine the functionality of EVPs under harsh temperatures. Thus, to increase strength and durability in EVPs, manufacturers in the automotive electric vacuum pump landscape are innovating non-electronic robust brush motors to provide the necessary efficiency. They are developing EVPs that complement modern gasoline engine to facilitate safe and easy braking.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Electric Vacuum Pump Market
High-volume Production Targets Meet Specific Requirements of Stakeholders in Asia Pacific
Manufacturers in the automotive electric vacuum pump market are eyeing incremental opportunities in Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific continues to dominate the market in terms of value and volume, and is estimated to reach a production output of ~16,000 units by the end of 2027, in the automotive electric vacuum pump market. Thus, manufacturers are conceptualizing technologies that are customized according to the requirements of the Indian automotive industry.
With the growing adoption of EVs, it is evident that, manufacturers are taking crucial steps to contribute towards a sustainable automotive future. Since the business of hydraulic braking systems has achieved a stable position in the Indian market, manufacturers are increasing their capabilities in new brake boosters and calipers, as EVPs are an important part of the two components. This trend has also created a ripple effect in the space of electronic parking brake (EPB) systems, for both, drum and disc brake setups.
Though the concept of EPB is still at its nascent stage in the Indian market, manufacturers are focusing on the high-volume production of automotive electric vacuum pumps when electronic stability control (ESC) becomes a mandatory norm for the Indian automotive space in the coming years. As such, manufacturers in the automotive electric vacuum pump market are developing new EVPs for hybrid electric vehicles and small commercial vehicles.
Power Braking Function and Straightforward Mounting Solutions Serve as Cost-efficient Options for Manufacturers
The automotive electric vacuum pump market is moderately consolidated. However, the development of new products still poses as a challenge in the rapidly growing and highly competitive landscape. Increased cost of research & development poses a challenge, since market players need to onboard highly qualified engineers and developers. This involves the time-consuming process of formulating the initial concept and analyzing its journey throughout product development.
It is difficult for manufacturers to keep up with the competition in the automotive electric vacuum pump market, which has often led to issues in design, configuration, and simulation. Downsizing of engines has become a prominent trend in the market, with smaller engines particularly being turbocharged. However, under zero-load conditions, modern gasoline engines cannot warrant sufficient vacuum levels in the intake pipe, which necessary for brake boosters.
There is growing demand for more efficiency in the electrification of vacuum pumps for new systems in auxiliary units. To overcome challenges in the manufacturing process, market players are developing EVPs that leverage the power braking function of electric vehicles. They are devising cost-effective mounting solutions, without the need for costly vibration insulation. Thus, straightforward mounting delivers additional customer value, and makes it less costly for manufacturers to install EVPs in vehicles.
Automotive Electric Vacuum Pump Market – Overview
- The global automotive electric vacuum pump market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~15% between 2019 and 2027.
- Electric vacuum pumps can also be used to power actuators and other auxiliary vehicle components. The increased number of actuators in vehicles incorporated with ADAS, sunroofs, and powered tail-gates is estimated to boost demand in the automotive electric vacuum pumps market space.
- The radical shift of the auto industry from internal combustion engine vehicles to electric vehicles is projected to drive the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
- Countries in Latin America are undergoing transition in terms of emission norms, and hence, offer significant opportunities to the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
Drivers of Automotive Electric Vacuum Pump Market
- Countries across the globe have proposed CO2 targets for automakers to combat rising pollution. According to the proposed CO2 targets, automakers would be fined if emission levels surpass the permissible limits. The EU has proposed a fine of 95 Euro per gram of CO2 over the limit, multiplied by the number of vehicles sold by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Rise in demand from automakers to lower engine drag and achieve fuel economy, and reduce emissions, are driving the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
- Increasing emphasis on vehicle safety and consumer awareness is estimated to boost the automotive electric vacuum pump market. Brake boosters in internal combustion engines generally employ the suction from the engine intake to produce a vacuum. During a cold start and at a high altitude, the vacuum generated from the engine for braking is not sufficient, and may compromise the safety of passengers.
- Increased demand for superior performing brakes and rise in the sales of electric vehicles are estimated to propel the growth of the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
Challenges for Automotive Electric Vacuum Pump Market
- Advancements in mechanical vacuum pumps, which are likely to deliver higher braking force, and development of vacuum-free braking systems, are estimated to hamper the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
- Automakers such as General Motor Company are planning to adopt vacuum-free braking for their pick-up trucks. ZF Friedrichshafen has developed a technology called ‘integrated brake control’, which is a single module that eliminates the vacuum pump system, master cylinder, and hoses, and incorporates an electric pump to deliver hydraulic fluid to the brakes.
Automotive Electric Vacuum Pump Market: Performing Segments
- The global automotive electric vacuum pump market has been segmented based on application, type, sales channel, vehicle, and region.
- Based on application, the BEV sub-segment is anticipated to expand significantly, owing to a rise in the rate of adoption of new energy vehicles in China, and battery electric vehicles in Europe. Plug-in hybrid and hybrid vehicles also prefer brake boosters to be driven by the motor as compared to that of internal combustion engines, in order to lower drag. The PHEV and HEV sub-segments also account for a significant share of the electric vehicle segment in the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
- In terms of type, diaphragm is the most lucrative segment of the automotive electric vacuum pump market, in terms of revenue, owing to its preferred usage in passenger vehicles, including sedans and SUVs. Diaphragm vacuum pumps are light in weight and have a compact design. Moreover, they can be easily integrated into disc and drum brakes, and hence, are widely preferred in vehicles.
- In terms of sales channel, the OEMs segment led the automotive electric vacuum pump market, as electric vacuum pump are standard OE fitted by automakers to lower emissions and improve fuel economy. The average lifespan of an electric vacuum pump is 1,200 hours. Increase in the number of aged vehicles is fueling the number of on-road vehicles, which, in turn, is expected to boost the aftermarket segment of the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
- Based on vehicle, the passenger vehicles segment dominated the automotive electric vacuum pump market, and is expected to maintain its dominant position during the forecast period, owing to the higher production of passenger vehicles, globally. Increased demand for commercial vehicles in developing countries is estimated to further propel the automotive electric vacuum pump market.
Global Automotive Electric Vacuum Pump Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific accounted for a leading share of the global automotive electric vacuum pump market, owing to the high demand for electric vehicles in China. China is a prominent market for automotive electric vacuum pumps, with the country being a leading manufacturer of electric vehicles, globally.
- Asia Pacific is witnessing significant rise in the adoption of electric vehicles, especially in Japan, ASEAN, and India.
- Asia Pacific is followed by Europe and North America in terms of share of the global automotive electric vacuum pump market.
TMR’s market research reports on the automotive and transport industry provides a forward-thinking analysis of innovations that are expected to set new trends in this industry. The integration of next-gen technologies that is powering a transformation in the automotive and transport industry is well covered in the vast array of reports curated for this industry. Autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles that are reckoned to be revolutionary for passenger travel in the future, and their repercussions on the existing fabric of demand in the automotive sector are studied in detail to present a well-gauged analysis of the automotive and transport industry for the coming years.
TMR has a track record to provide ace market research solutions that has earned us the trust of our clients for their business intelligence needs. Serving 13 industry verticals with a database of over 1,000 reports and 1 million + data points, our expanse to provide market research solutions is exceptional. We deep dive for a thorough understanding of the subject, gather precise information, and then analyze it to present solutions that are par excellence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: [email protected]