Audio Codec: Introduction
- An audio codec is a device that codes and decodes audio signals. CODECs combine an ADC and DAC with one or more conversion algorithms depending on the exact application.
- Audio codec is used to minimize the number of bits of the given audio file, while retaining its accuracy, quality, and reducing the storage space of the audio file
- Audio codec uses multiple formats such as FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and WMA (Windows Media Audio) to offer uncompressed audio file in reduced size
- Multiple manufacturers across the globe are engaged in developing high quality, affordable, and compact size of audio codec to address the needs of their customers
- Based on component, the audio codec market is bifurcated into hardware and software
- Audio codec is used in various applications such as automobile infotainment, wearable devices, smartphones & tablets, media devices, and desktops & laptops
Customization as per your requirement, Pre Book Now
Growing Demand for Audio Codec for use in Wearable Devices
- Audio codec are largely used in consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, headphones, and wearable devices as it provides speaker protection, microphone noise suppression during wideband calls, and acoustic echo cancellation
- Adoption of software embedded devices is increasing across the globe as it provides flexibility for upgrade, consumes less space, and is economical
- Moreover, headphones, headsets, and wearable devices are enabled with IoT technology, owing to growing demand among customers for communication and entertainment applications
Asia Pacific to Lead the Audio Codec Market
- In terms of region, the global audio codec market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global audio codec market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of audio codec operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in Asia Pacific are focusing on development of new technology in audio codec which is expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
Get More Press Releases by TMR:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/artificial-intelligence-market-valuable-applications-for-host-of-functions-across-a-spectrum-of-industries-extends-lucrative-growth-opportunities-explains-worth-predicted-to-surpass-us-2-8-bn-by-2030—tmr-301282109.html
Key Players Operating in the Global Audio Codec Market
The global audio codec market was highly fragmented in 2023. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for audio codec. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global audio codec market include:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Cirrus Logic, Inc.
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- DSP GROUP
- Maxim Integrated
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
- ROHM CO., LTD.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive, PDF Brochure of this report
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,