- Telemetry is the process of gathering and processing critical information on board spacecraft, aircraft, projectiles, and UAVs. In other words, airborne telemetry is used as remote sensing to measure and collect data from inaccessible points and transmit it to the receiving equipment. The transmission media may be air, space, or copper wires, depending on the application.
- Airborne telemetry solutions are lightweight and portable systems that can be used to acquire, transmit, and record data or parameters such as velocity, altitude, temperature, etc. These parameters are measured and transmitted to distant station where they are analyzed, displayed, and recorded.
PreBook Report at –
Increasing usage of airborne telemetry in defense and aerospace sectors
- Airborne telemetry is built to function in harsh conditions experienced in defense and aerospace sectors. Demand for smart weapons and systems for modern warfare is increasing, which is fueling the requirement for efficient transmission of data. This, in turn, is creating opportunities for the airborne telemetry market.
- Demand for wireless telemetry is increasing due to a rise in the number of aircraft deliveries. In the aerospace sector, airborne telemetry is employed for navigation, communications, and real-time positioning of the aircraft. These factors are fueling the demand for airborne telemetry in aerospace and defense sectors.
Technological advancements for defense operations is fueling the market growth
- Investments in research & development of defense equipment has been increasing for the last decade, due to increasing civil unrest and other factors across the globe. Furthermore, usage of network centric military communications and cloud computing has been increasing. These factors are fueling the airborne telemetry market.
- However, factors such as defense budget cuts and high costs associated with airborne telemetry solutions and equipment may hamper the market.
Request for a sample –
Asia Pacific Market to expand significantly
- In terms of region, the global airborne telemetry market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The airborne telemetry market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period
- This is attributed to a wide range of applications, growing technological advancements, increasing investments in defense by developing economies such as India and China, and expansion of the aerospace industry in Asia Pacific. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand for airborne telemetry products in the region.
- The airborne telemetry market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a prominent growth rate due to increasing competition among the players in these region. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish growth rate during the forecast period.
Ask for brochure –
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global airborne telemetry market include:
- BAE Systems
- Honeywell International Inc.
- L3Communications Holdings
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- Cobham PLC
TMR’s Latest News Publication: