Broadcasting Industry Enters Era of Next-gen TV
Technological advancements have played a key role in overturning the fortunes of a range of industries. A similar trend can be observed in the broadcast industry wherein progress on the technological front will bring about innovation. Since the inception of the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) in the 1990s, the broadcasting standards set by the ATSC have gradually gained worldwide acceptance. Within the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market, the adoption of Next Gen TV is growing at a rapid pace, as new ATSC standards including the ATSC 3.0 are being implemented worldwide. The fast-paced implementation of ATSC 3.0 is driven by the shortcomings of the outdated ATSC 1.0. Moreover, the advent of ATSC 3.0 is expected to play an integral role in the expansion of the ATSC broadcast systems & services market during the forecast period (2019-2027).
Get Sample Copy:
Additionally, ATSC 3.0 is also the first-ever Internet Protocol (IP)-based television standard. The significant progress in technology coupled with ATSC 3.0 is expected to offer Ultra HD 4K TV, refresh rates of around 120 Hz, and improved TV reception. While consumer appetite for high-quality content continues to grow, technological advancements in the broadcast industry will remain pivotal to fulfill this demand. Due to these factors, the ATSC broadcast systems & services market is expected to reach a market value of ~US$ 112 Mn by the end of 2020.
New IP-based Standards to Redefine ATSC Broadcast Systems & Services
While ATSC 1.0 brought about the first wave of revolution in the broadcast sector, the recently curated ATSC 3.0 standards is set to revolutionize TV broadcasting during the assessment period. Stakeholders operating in the ATSC broadcast systems & services market are of the opinion that the new IP-based standards will play a key role in improving conventional television and data services. The ATSC 3.0 was formulated by the Advanced Television Systems Committee and is growing in popularity across developed countries of North America and Asia Pacific such as the U.S. and South Korea. ATSC 3.0 is likely to provide an avenue for digital terrestrial television standards such as Japanese/Brazilian ISDB-T, European DVB-T, and other Chinese DTMB platforms.
Moreover, as nations are approving the new IP-based standards across the world, Next Gen transmission is expected to soon become a reality. ATSC 3.0 is expected to offer consumers a range of advanced services and create significant growth opportunities for stakeholders in the ATSC broadcast system & services market. In addition, there is a strong possibility of integration of broadband and broadcast services, which will pave the way for ATSC 3.0 to penetrate the 5G transmission space for non-TV transmission. The new standards are aimed toward providing improved broadcasting services with improved quality of audio and video. Furthermore, as the implementation of the new standards is currently in its nascent stage, there is tremendous scope for participants in the ATSC broadcast systems & services market to increase their stakes in the current market landscape.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Onset of ATSC 3.0 Likely to Influence Branding Strategies
As the digital world continues to take giant strides toward IP-based standards or ATSC 3.0, corporates are closely monitoring these developments to identify the possibilities of new branding and marketing strategies. Brands and product messaging strategies largely revolve around the flow of the content in which digital marketing and television marketing play a critical role. Within the next few years, 5G technology and ATSC 3.0 is expected to emerge as a strong competitor to the over-the-air (OTA) broadcast framework. The targeted ads and branded content delivery models are set to witness a major overhaul over the next few years, as ATSC 3.0 will enable broadcast stations to monitor the content that is being watched and display ads accordingly. Targeted ads and branding are anticipated to undergo a noteworthy transition in the coming years, as ATSC broadcast systems and services continue to gain popularity.
The ATSC broadcast systems & services market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Notable advancements in digital technology, advancements in IP-based Standards, and growing penetration of ATSC 3.0 are some of the factors that are expected to influence the growing adoption of ATSC broadcast systems & services during the forecast period. While North America is projected to remain at the forefront in terms of market share and value during the forecast period, the ATSC broadcast systems & services market in the Asia Pacific region is set to grow at the highest rate. Consumer demands for high-quality video content coupled with the penetration of 5G technology will also play an important role in influencing the growth of the ATSC broadcast systems & services market.
Request For Customization:
Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Broadcast Systems & Services Market: Overview
- The global advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~6% between 2019 and 2027. The market is projected to be driven by increasing demand to enhance content quality and converge the video audio content of production and distribution, and rise in awareness and popularity of next-generation TV for enhanced TV viewing experience.
- However, lack of awareness about advanced solutions in broadcasting and limited number of manufacturers in the market as compared to digital television hinders the growth of the market
- The global advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market is expected to be valued at US$ 105.5 Mn in 2019 and expand to reach ~US$ 166.5 Mn by 2027.
- North America holds a major share of the global advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market. It is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period, followed by Asia Pacific.
- The ATSC broadcast systems & services market is mainly driven by South Korea and its major television or streaming device manufacturers, as Samsung and LG Electronics introduced ATSC 3.0-capable 4K television for the South Korea market.
ATSC Broadcast Systems & Services Market: Definition
- The advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market report provides analysis of the global advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market for the period 2017 – 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- The study on the advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market would help clients understand the analysis of advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services among different technologies
- ATSC broadcast systems is a wireless transmission platform in the broadcasting industry. It is frequently used in radio and television platforms for broadcasting channels. With improvement in technology, the broadcasting industry is changing its broadcasting channel platform by implementing advanced technology transmission platforms.
- The main technology used in the ATSC broadcast systems platform is ATSC 3.0, a next-gen transmission platform. Advanced Over-the-Air (OTA) transmission platforms would change the delivery platform of video, audio, and many other services in the near future.
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
Asia Pacific ATSC Broadcast Systems & Services Market Snapshot
- The Asia Pacific ATSC broadcast platform market accounted for considerable share in the year 2018. This is primarily due to the implementation of ATSC 3.0 technology integrated with over-the-air in South Korea. In South Korea, the world’s largest TV manufacturers such as Samsung and LG, and Sony (in Japan) have long been involved in the implementation of next-gen TV standards. All three manufacturers joined forces with station groups in the declaration of their support for ATSC 3.0 in October 2018.
- According to Young-Soo Park, Technical Director of Seoul Broadcasting System, ATSC 3.0 broadcasting technologies have been successfully tested in Korea. The achievement of this testing highlights the potential for Korea’s launch of terrestrial TV commercial services in February 2017. Korean companies are playing a significant role in ATSC 3.0 that offers a good opportunity for Korean equipment manufacturers to advance in the U.S. market.
Key Growth Drivers of ATSC Broadcast Systems & Services Market
- Increasing demand for enhancing content quality and converging video audio content of production and distribution
- The ATSC broadcast system is estimated to aid in demodulation, decompression, transport stream de-multiplexing, AV synchronization, and analog to digital conversion, which helps enhance the quality of the broadcasting content. This is leading to increase in demand for ATSC broadcast systems to enhance the quality of the content transmitted on over the air broadcast television systems.
- Adoption of the ATSC system is expected to rise among broadcasters to provide high quality content to users. Several countries are adopting ATSC 3.0 to enhance their television services. For instance, South Korea has already adopted ATSC 3.0 with the goal of full country coverage by 2021.
- Rise in awareness and popularity of next-generation TV for enhanced TV viewing experience
- Rising integration of IP-based products in television systems has fueled the popularity and awareness about smart TV solutions. The next-generation TV concept is expected to be adopted by consumers during the forecast period. Next-generation TVs are estimated to provide better picture quality, streaming integration, and an on screen guide for better use of the services. Key players such as Zenith Electronics, LG Electronics, Harmonic, Triveni, GatesAir, Dolby, and Digital Alert Systems are investing to deliver ATSC 3.0 signal for high quality services. Increasing investment by key players in ATSC systems is expected to fuel the demand for advanced broadcast systems among users.
ATSC Broadcast Systems & Services Market: Competition Landscape
- In July 2019, ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs signed a partnership for 5G Broadcast/Broadband Cooperative “Direct to Mobile” network development
- In November 2018, Sinclair Broadcast and ONE Media deployed Next Gen TV. The collaboration is focused on full deployment of ATSC 3.0 (“Next Generation TV” standard).
- In January 2018, Channel Master and Ethertronics announced the first processor-enabled consumer TV antenna
ATSC Broadcast Systems & Services Market: Key Players
- Harmonic, Inc.:- Harmonic Inc. is specialized in providing video delivery software, products, system solutions, and services to media and broadcast companies across the world. The company offers its solutions and services to cable operators and satellite and telecommunications (Telco) pay-TV service providers. Harmonic Inc. provides cable edge and access, video processing, and production and playout solutions which enable high-quality video services while simplifying end-to-end asset management.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.: – Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is a leading provider of local sports and news as well as a diversified media company. The company owns 23 RSN brands. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. provides, operates, and owns 191 television stations in 89 markets. The company also has TV stations affiliated with all the major broadcast networks. Its media content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms.
- Other key players operating in the global advanced television systems committee (ATSC) broadcast systems & services market and profiled in the report include
- Channel Master
- Cisco Technology, Inc.
- GatesAir Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Mitsubishi Electric
- ONE MEDIA 3.0
- Samsung Electronics
- Vientos Alisios Co., Ltd.
- Zenith Electronics
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]