Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market: Introduction
- Mild hybrid electric vehicles employ an IC engine for propulsion and an electric motor to further enhance performance and efficiency. Small electric motors of mild hybrid vehicles are used solely to assist the engine. These vehicles use electric motors only to support the engine during acceleration and cruising. The electric motors cannot propel the vehicle.
Key Drivers of Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market
- Increasing prices of fossil fuels due to the depletion in stocks and global politics coupled with awareness among people regarding emissions from I.C engines have boosted the sale of electric vehicles. The International Energy Agency stated in their Global EV Outlook 2022 that in 2019, more than 2.1 million sales of electric cars were recorded worldwide, with a 40% year-on-year growth. The mild hybrid vehicle is a viable alternative to the traditional I.C engine-powered vehicle, as it does not require significant modifications, which might result in high costs for OEMs and customers, and also provides considerable fuel savings and reduction in emission. Mild hybrid vehicles permit the engine to be turned off whenever the car is cruising, braking, or stopped, yet it restarts quickly. These vehicles employ regenerative braking to recharge the batteries. These benefits have prompted numerous OEMs to introduce mild hybrid vehicles. For instance, VW Golf, Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Fiat 500, Volvo KC 60and 90 Series, Kia Ceed, and Ford Kuga are a few mild hybrid vehicle models available in the market. Thus, rising popularity of electric vehicles along with a wide variety of options available are driving the global mild hybrid vehicles market.
- Electrical network of mild hybrid vehicles of lower voltage capacities can be easily upgraded to 48 Volts network at low cost. The lower volt hybrid vehicles lack in acceleration, comfort and convenience; hence, several OEMs are preferring 48 Volt systems. For instance, Volvo Car Corporation is offering 48 volt system in both its mild hybrid cars XC90 and XC60. Thus, the newly introduced vehicle models with enhanced drive experience are fuelling the global mild hybrid vehicles market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market, Request for a Sample
Challenges in Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market
- The powertrain of a mild hybrid vehicle is quite complex as it contains all the components of an I.C engine and the components of an electric vehicle. Therefore, it needs a larger battery for the electric motor to deliver the required power output. These additional parts increase the weight as well as the cost of the vehicle. These limitations of hybrid vehicles are hampering their adoption, thereby restraining the global mild hybrid vehicles market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic decreased the sales and production of electric vehicles, as the supply of raw materials and automotive components took a major hit worldwide. This decrease in sale and production of electric vehicles during the onset of COVID-19 pandemic has restrained the mild hybrid vehicles market. However, the global mild hybrid vehicles market is projected to expand in the near future, as automobile manufacturers and suppliers are restarting their operations with preventive measures to curb the spread of the virus and as the cross-border trade and transportation activities are reopening.
Europe holds Significant Share of Global Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market
- Europe accounted for a significant share of the global mild hybrid vehicles market, owing to the high presence of OEMs coupled with the stringent emission norms that are encouraging the adoption of electric vehicles. Moreover, the member countries of the European Union including France and Germany are offering incentives on the purchase of electric vehicles. These factors are propelling the mild hybrid vehicles market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market
The global mild hybrid vehicles market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global mild hybrid vehicles market are:
- Audi AG
- Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
- BMW AG
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Continental AG (Vitesco)
- Daimler AG
- Ferrari S.p.A
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Ford Motor Company
- Geely Auto
- General Motors
- Groupe Renault
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Motor Company
- JAGUAR LAND ROVER LIMITED
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAIC Motor Corporation Limited
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Volvo Car Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market: Research Scope
Global Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market, by Architecture
Belt-integrated starter generator
- Crankshaft-integrated motor generator
Global Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Mild Hybrid Vehicles Market, by Voltage Rating
- 12 V
- 48 V
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]