Adult Diaper Market: Smart Adult Diapers Efficient Product to Manage Incontinence Issues
Smart diapers are proving to be a game changer in the hygiene space. With global sales in the adult diaper market totaling ~8.2 billion in 2018, the introduction of smart diapers can boost the overall growth of the adult diaper market, with estimated sales of ~USS 15.6 billion worth of adult diapers in the year 2027.
Unchanged diapers increase the risk of skin problems, including diaper rash, as many caregivers are unsure regarding the right time to change diapers. To address this issue, manufacturers in the adult diaper market are developing smart diapers with wearable sensor technology. This technology alerts the caregiver regarding when the diaper needs to be changed, and prevents the risk of skin problems. Effective prevention of skin problems saves a lot of time, money, and resources of the healthcare industry, as well as individual consumers.
Get Sample Copy:
Wearable sensor technology in adult diapers serves as an effective management technique, addressing the growing incidence of adult incontinence. As such, manufacturers in the adult diaper market are innovating on micro disposable hook fasteners that are gentle on the skin. These fasteners prevent leakages in diapers, and are integrated with sensors, which serves as an efficient product for consumers.
Adult Diaper Market: Sustainable Value Chain Contributes Toward Circular Economy
The development of environmental-friendly and compostable adult diapers is contributing towards the motive of a circular economy. These plant-based diapers not only reduce environmental footprint, but also improve the skin health of patients and individuals. Manufacturers in the adult diaper market are developing compostable pads that are suitable for recycling through commercial composting. Besides, the belts, wraps, and pants of the diapers can be reused, which contributes towards a sustainable value chain.
Compostable adult diapers support the development of nutrient-rich compost. This compost is abundant with organic elements, and is used by the agriculture industry to replace chemical fertilizers. Manufacturers in the adult diaper market are collaborating with commercial composters to turn waste into a cost-efficient resource for compost, so as to cultivate raw materials such as cotton pulp used to develop adult diapers. Thus, manufacturers are preventing the accumulation of large volumes of waste diapers in landfills by converting them into a useful resource to develop organic compost.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Flushable Diapers Reduce Burden of Caregivers in Healthcare Industry
Manufacturers in the adult diaper market are constantly reinventing their diapers to ease the load of caregivers and healthcare providers. The ministries of land and infrastructure in various countries are also strategizing on a roadmap that transforms the development of adult diapers.
New innovations in adult diapers have led to the development of flushable diapers that significantly reduce the burden of sanitary care in nursing homes and hospitals. For example, a country such as Japan, which has an increasing portion of graying society, is benefitted with the advantages of such flushable diapers.
However, the increasing use of incontinence products poses a huge burden for the efficient disposal of large volumes of odorous diapers on an everyday basis. The crushing of used diapers and flushing them down in special drain pipes doesn’t serve as an effective alternative, as certain particles take years to decompose. As such, technology companies are striving to develop prototypes of an equipment that can help separate excrement from adult diapers for effective disposal.
Request For Customization:
Global Adult Diaper Market: Definition/Overview
- Adult diapers are underwear used by adults suffering from incontinence, dementia, diarrhea, and other similar conditions. Adult diapers are made from absorbent materials such as cotton, non-woven fabric, fluff pulp, and micro fiber.
- The popularity of adult diapers is increasing due to increasing personal care and medical awareness.
- Adult diapers are of various types, such as reusable, disposable, etc., and are available in different styles.
- Disposable diapers require minimal care and are majorly preferred by consumers. Disposable diapers made from cotton and non-woven fabric are widely used, as they have high absorption capacities.
Global Adult Diaper Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most attractive market for adult diapers during the forecast period, due to rise in the geriatric population and increasing health awareness. Manufacturers are entering the Asia Pacific region in order to gain significant market shares.
- North America is expected to dominate the global adult diaper market during the forecast period. Technological advancements in all industries and changing lifestyles of people are anticipated to drive the adult diaper market in the region. Preference for disposable diapers, as they offer high comfort and are hypoallergenic, will be another key factor driving the adult diaper market in the region.
- The adult diaper markets in Middle East & Africa and South America are expected to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Global Adult Diaper Market: Trends
- Adult diaper manufacturers are launching innovative and more comfortable diapers to attract more consumers. A company from the Silicon Valley has released an adult diaper with a sensor, which is a smart diaper. This sensor detects wet diapers. It needs to be connected with a smartphone app, which will continuously monitor the status of the diaper.
- Several manufacturers are now producing biodegradable diapers due to increasing environmental concerns and their growing demand.
Global Adult Diaper Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Adult diapers have gained immense popularity across the globe due to their usage in developing regions and growing hygiene needs.
- Rise in incontinence in the geriatric population and easy availability of incontinence products will positively impact the adult diaper market.
- Manufacturing companies, hospitals, and various organizations are creating awareness about incontinence and its solutions.
- In some countries in Asia Pacific, elderly individuals stay with their families. Educating these families about incontinence in elderly individuals and products available for the same can fuel the growth of the market.
- Manufacturing companies are adopting new technologies to produce diapers with high absorption capacity, usability, sustainability, and quality.
- Several people who live in rural areas are not aware of adult diapers. Thus, lack of awareness could restrain market growth.
Global Adult Diaper Market: Key Market Segments
The global adult diaper market has been segmented based on product, style, material, price, distribution channel, and region.
- Based on product, the disposable diapers segment accounted for a leading share of the global adult diaper market in 2018. The disposable diapers segment is projected to expand at a significant growth rate in the near future, as manufactures are focusing on bio-degradable adult diapers, which are preferred by many consumers.
- In terms of style, the flat style segment accounted for a major share of the global market in 2018. It is estimated to maintain its dominant position during the forecast period.
- On the basis of material, the cotton segment held a major share of the global adult diaper market. Cotton is readily available and has high absorbing capacity. The non-woven fabric segment will witness significant growth, as non-woven diapers are made of plastic resins and possess good absorption capacity, elastic recovery, and are produced easily.
- In terms of distribution channel, the online segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as manufacturers are globally expanding their businesses online, and individuals are making increased purchases through online channels.
Global Adult Diaper Market: Competition Landscape
- Established manufacturers operating in the global adult diaper market are facing intense competition, owing to various local players operating in the global market.
- Market players often use price/quality characteristics to position their brands.
- Players are offering free shipping and discounts on adult diapers in order to consolidate their position in the market.
Major players operating in the global adult diaper market include
- Procter & Gamble
- Hengan International Group Co. Limited
- First Quality Enterprises, Inc.
- Daio Paper Corporation
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- Medline Industries Inc.,
- Unicharm Corporation
- Essity Aktiebolag.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]