Growing Demand for Energy-efficient Electronic Devices to Boost Market
The power supply sector has witnessed notable technological advancements over the past couple of decades. The growing demand for AC-DC power supply adapters for use in low-voltage high current processor applications is a major factor that is likely to provide an impetus for growth of the AC-DC power supply adapter market in the upcoming years. Shortcomings in the conventional electronic load due to significantly low voltage have gradually paved the way for technologically advanced AC-DC power supply adapters. Moreover, developments pertaining to the design of AC-DC power supply adapters in recent years have provided a considerable boost to the global AC-DC power supply adapter market.
AC-DC power supply adapters are extensively used in several industrial verticals, including electronics, medical, automotive, and home appliances. More recently, the growing adoption of wide-band-gap devices such as gallium nitride (GaN) and silicon carbide (SiC) has directly impacted the expansion of the AC-DC power supply adapter market. Over the past few years, owing to advancements in technology, GaN, and SiC technologies have increasingly become more feasible for commercial applications. At the back of these factors, along with the focus on revamping the electronic sector, the global AC-DC power supply adapter market is expected to attain a market value of US$ 19.5 Bn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market
High Demand for Energy-efficient Solutions amidst Mounting Environmental Concerns
Over the past decade, environmental concerns across an array of industrial domains have compelled participants in the global AC-DC power supply adapter market to lean toward the development of energy-efficient components. Across the power supplies sphere, energy conservation programs and initiatives have gained considerable popularity. The growing demand for efficient power conversion, while simultaneously complying with regulations is a major challenge for operators within the current AC-DC power supply adapter market landscape. Along with the consistent rise in the need for energy efficiency, focus on minimizing industrial waste to safeguard the environment has gained focus.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
In recent years, research and development activities circling around AC power supply adapters have shifted gears and gained considerable momentum– predominantly driven by environmental concerns and the rising demand for efficient engineering solutions to minimize environmental degradation. While increasing the efficiency levels of AC adapters is expected to remain a key area of interest for players operating in the AC-DC power supply adapter market, minimizing industrial waste is likely to remain imperative.
Advancements in Consumer Electronics and Medical Devices to Drive Demand
Due to large-scale advancements across the consumer electronics sphere, the demand for AC-DC power supply adapters is anticipated to witness considerable boost, particularly in the second half of the forecast period. Several research activities within the current AC-DC power supply adapter market are focused on enhancing the reliability, precision, and development of cost-effective AC-DC power supply adapters. Stringent regulations and new standards laid down by the U.S. Department of Energy wherein the expected efficiency levels are increased and revised no-load dissipation limits are posing as a major challenge for manufacturers in the AC-DC power supply adapter market value chain, particularly in North America.
Medical device power supplies have evolved at an impressive pace in the past few decades. Within the medical devices sector, the demand for safe and consistent power supply is on the rise due to which, innovations related to AC-DC power supply adapters are on the rise. In addition, owing to additional research and development activities within the medical sector, new medical devices are entering the improved patient care segment. The rise in the number of cutting-edge medical devices to treat an array of diseases is expected to create abundant opportunities for participants in the current market for AC-DC power supply adapters.
Supply Chain Challenges Likely to Stall Market Growth
The novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to hinder the growth of the global AC-DC power supply adapter market particularly in the first half of the forecast period. Uncertainty across the supply chain, particularly in nations such as India and China– two leading producers and exporters of raw materials for AC-DC power supply adapters, is a major factor that is likely to stall market growth in 2020. Trade restrictions coupled with lockdown imposed by government bodies across the world are projected to affect the demand for AC-DC power supply adapters. However, the demand from the healthcare sector could potentially churn in revenues for market participants during the pandemic.
AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global AC-DC power supply adapter market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, technological advancements in AC-DC power supply adapters for achieving better performance of military & defense and security forces, increasing military & defense expenditure, and growing production and usage of lightweight AC-DC power supply adapters are factors expected to boost the global market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global AC-DC power supply adapter market is estimated to reach value of US$ 19.5 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% throughout the forecast period
Increasing Demand for Energy-efficient Power Supply Devices: A Key Driver
- Although nearly all domestic electronic products and office equipment plug directly into wall outlets and draw 120 volts of alternating current (AC), most of their circuitry is designed to operate at a much lower voltage of direct current (DC). The devices that perform this conversion are called power supply adapters. According to studies, on an average, most homes have 5–10 devices that use AC-DC power supply adapters, such as cordless phones, mobile phones, answering machines, and hair dryers.
- Internal power supplies are more prevalent in devices that have high power requirements, typically more than 15 watts. These include computers, televisions, office copiers, and stereo components. Most internal power supply models use somewhat more efficient designs called switching or switch-mode power supplies.
- As per the requirement of customers, manufacturers are designing power supply devices that have energy efficiencies ranging from 50% to 90%, leading to wide variations in power use among similar products. Efficiencies are usually higher in case of the original factory power supply provided with the unit than with aftermarket, universal AC-DC power supply adapters.
Growing Adoption of Smart Phones, Electronic Equipment, and Gadgets: Latest Market Trend
- Adoption of smart phones and electronic gadgets is increasing rapidly in the global market. Usage of new, innovative, and technologically advanced electronic products is also on the rise. This trend is projected to increase the production and supply of AC-DC power supply adapters for use in charging and running of these electronic products.
- The domestic electric appliances industry in various countries has been growing steadily in the last few years. The trend is likely to continue in the near future also. As the competition in the industry increases due to adoption of new mobile phones and other electronic gadgets enterprises are experiencing transformation and improvements in adapters also, with varying ranges of current and voltage.
- The other reason behind increase in production of AC-DC power supply equipment is the relation between supply and demand. Although there are numerous registered manufacturers in China, the switching power supply industry in the country is still expanding. Thus, the number of providers of switching power supply equipment is increasing worldwide, with the demand for electronic devices that require AC-DC power supply adapters.
Gray Market Offering Low-quality Products: A Major Challenge
- The term ‘gray market’ refers to trade of commodities through distribution channels that are not authorized by the original manufacturer or trademark proprietor. Local manufacturers use trademarks, branding, logo, software, or any other intellectual property of established brands without their consent in a manner to make purchasers believe that they are buying original products. These counterfeit products are of inferior quality and they are typically offered at a much lower price than that of the genuine products.
- Various global as well as local providers manufacture and supply AC-DC power supply adapters to end users. Some of the OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) trade these products according to their base prices compatible with the original brands, while some others are offering local products with the same specifications but with low-quality material.
- These local manufacturers are fulfilling the demand adequately and increasing the local product supply in the international market. Since AC-DC power supply adapters are made with low-quality material, the end-products obtained are of low quality. This factor is negatively affecting the global market for AC-DC power supply adapters.
AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of AC-DC power supply adapters have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global AC-DC power supply adapter market are Advantech Co., Ltd., B&B Electronics, B&K Precision Corporation, Delta Electronics, Inc., ETA-USA, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., MEAN WELL Enterprises Co., Ltd., Microchip Technology Inc., Motorola, Inc., Murata Power Solutions, Phoenix Contact, Renesas Electronics, and TDK-Lambda Corporation
AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of AC-DC power supply adapters, such as
- B&K Precision Corporation
- Delta Electronics, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- focusing on the construction of cost-effective AC-DC power supply adapters so as to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global AC-DC power supply adapter market are:
- In February 2022, Murata Power Solutions announced the expansion of its D1U54 Series with the 2000-W-rated D1U54-x-2000-12, AC-DC, and DC-DC front-end power supplies used in ICT (information & communication technology) and networking applications
- Delta Electronics, Inc. is engaged in collaborations and partnerships with companies in-lining with its product portfolio. For instance, in September 2018, the company entered into a partnership with General Motors to develop a 400-kW charging system for 180 miles of range in less than 10 minutes.
- In the report on the global AC-DC power supply adapter market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of AC-DC power supply adapter systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global AC-DC power supply adapter market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]