3D Printed Medical Devices: Introduction
- In the 3D printing process, a three-dimensional object is created by building the layers of raw material such as powdered version of ceramics, plastic, and metal. Each layer is connected to the previous layer until the object is completed.
- 3D printed devices are made from a digital 3D file such as a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawing or Magnetic Resonance Image (MRI). 3D printed medical devices are matched with the patient’s anatomy, and have very complex internal structures.
- 3D printed medical devices include orthopedic and cranial implants, surgical instruments, dental restorations (crowns), and external prosthetics
- 3D printed medical devices are used for respiratory, spinal, craniofacial, and dental repair which offers health benefits to patients.
Get Sample Copy:
3D Printed Medical Devices Market to Expand in the Healthcare Sector
- 3D printed medical devices include orthopedic implants which are used to surgically replace a missing joint or bone of patients. This technology helps medical professionals to create better-fitting, long-lasting, and higher-performing implants. 3D printing of medical devices are very useful for orthopedic manufacturers of spinal, hip, knee, and skull implants.
- Traditional manufacturing such as molding of each customized device requires special tooling and is economically unviable, but with 3D printing of medical devices, for example a prosthetic limb, it has become much more affordable and faster to produce
- The 3D printed medical devices market has a great impact on the dental sector as it plays a major role in dental care and dental restoration. Clear aligners are invisible teeth straightening devices which have extensive use in the dental sector.
- 3D printed medical devices include personalized surgical tools such as forceps, hemostats, scalpel handles, and clamps. Creation of such personalized surgical instruments offer many benefits – faster and less traumatic procedures, increase in surgeon’s dexterity, and better surgery outcomes.
North America to Lead the 3D Printed Medical Devices Market
- Leading hospitals and labs are adopting 3D printed medical devices as part of their medical practice and research efforts. This drives the growth of the 3D printed medical devices market in North America.
- The 3D printed medical devices market is expanding into sectors such as bio printing and regenerative medicine, ophthalmology, and pharmaceuticals where 3D printed medical devices are much in demand
- Advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence are included in 3D printed medical devices. Device developers can also insert sensors and trackers into the devices, thus increasing their durability and usefulness. This positively impacts the growth of the 3D printed medical devices market.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Key Players in the Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market:
- FabRx Ltd.
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Formlabs, Inc.
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Cyfuse Biomedical K.K.
- EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems
Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market, by Component
- Software and Services
- 3D Printers
- 3D Bioprinters
Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market, by Type
- Surgical Guides
- Dental Guides
- Craniomaxillofacial Guides
- Orthopedic Guides
- Surgical Instruments
Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market, by Technology
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM) Technology
- Laser Beam Melting (LBM) Technology
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
Request For PreBook Report@:
Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]