- Wireless broadband customer-provided equipment or customer-premises equipment (CPE) is used to perform the function of connecting wireless users to a wired router or wired WLAN controller.
- A wireless broadband CPE is connected with a carrier’s telecommunication circuit at the demarcation point and located at a subscriber’s premises. The wireless broadband CPE enables consumers to access the provider’s communication services and distribute them in a residence or enterprise with a local area network (LAN).
- Wireless broadband CPE generally refers to devices such as routers, telephones, network switches, set-top boxes, residential gateways (RG), fixed mobile convergence products, Internet access gateways, and home networking adapters.
- The global wireless broadband CPE market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing advancement in the telecommunication sector across the globe.
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Dynamics
Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market: Key Drivers
- Surge in demand for extended network coverage among end-users is a major factor likely to accelerate the wireless broadband CPE market in the next few years.
- Additionally, increasing digitalization in various sectors is projected to boost the demand for wireless broadband CPE across the globe.
- Rise in demand for better communication to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner across the globe is estimated to boost the growth of the wireless broadband CPE market during the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of smart technologies, distributed applications, and advent of 5G is anticipated to boost the wireless broadband CPE market.
- Currently, various sectors are focused on wireless technologies, which is expected to create new opportunities for the wireless broadband CPE market during the forecast period.
- However, technology fragmentation and strong competition from low power wide area network (LPWAN) technologies is a major factor projected to hinder the global wireless broadband CPE market in the next few years.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown and are therefore turning to alternate solutions to run their business. Internet is the main component to run a business remotely. Hence, demand for wireless broadband CPE is expected to increase during the COVID-19 pandemic. This in turn is projected to boost the market in the next few years.
Request a sample –
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market
- In terms of region, the global wireless broadband CPE market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global wireless broadband CPE market in 2020. The U.S. is the key market in the region due to the increasing adoption of wireless broadband CPE among end-users. In the U.S., around 60% of households have internet connection.
- The wireless broadband CPE market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing digitalization, and rising number of smart cities and smart infrastructure projects across China, Japan, and India in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Wireless Broadband CPE Market Include:
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- At&T Inc.
- BEC Technologies, Inc. (Billion Electric)
- Ericsson AB
- Harris Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Inteno Group
- Mitrastar Technology
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Nokia Networks
- Tp-Link Technologies
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Vodafone Group plc
- ZTE Corporation
Read Our Latest News Publication –
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector – such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.