Web hosting is defined as a service that provides the infrastructure that allows organizations to publish their websites online. It is required to get a website active and live on the internet. Simply put, it is the space that an organization can buy in a web server to store their website’s information and all the website-related files. Companies that provide web hosting services make it possible for viewers to access websites online. Without web hosting, one cannot make a website available to the global audience on the online market.
Some Important Reasons To Invest In A Best Web Hosting Company
- Security – Hosting a website on a free hosting platform comprises the overall security of the website. Without proper security plugins, CMS, et cetera, a website becomes vulnerable to online hacking and malicious content. A quality hosting service will have things like regular website backups, firewalls, and other methods to protect a web server in a 24-hour format.
- Dedicated Support Steam – If a website goes offline or malfunctions, a quality hosting service will provide an efficient support team to provide proper technical know-how via email, live chat, toll-free number to fix it.
- Bandwidth Limit – A larger bandwidth limit allows more data to be uploaded or downloaded and determines a website’s loading speed and overall performance. Once the bandwidth limit is met, the company charges you on the MB consumed so a larger bandwidth is preferred.
- Secured Site Content – Quality hosting service will have efficient backup protocols in place so that site content including website data cannot be lost. They should allow the download of copies of websites from the control panel.
- Uptime – Hardware failure and power outages mean downtime for your website and cause huge losses. A good company offers 99.99% uptime with a quick and efficient backup system, thus ensuring minimal loss.
- A Variety Of Hosting Packages – Good service providers allow you to host a number of domains from the same dashboard. A few add-on domains are generally provided to meet your needs. They support domain name management as well.
- Right Pricing – Pricing is important. A quality service provider offers many subscriptions. A maximum of 2-year subscription pack is always considered as the best option and a money-back policy would be helpful if the standards of service are not met.
- Storage Space – One should opt for a company that provides large server space and has policies to rent additional disc space at a later time. These are extremely helpful as this will allow the website creator to add more content and features to the website.
- Site Migration – If a user already has a site on a different hosting platform, a quality hosting service should support site migration into their web servers.
- Pocket-Friendly – One can set up an individual server at home with a powerful computer having a large RAM space but this will end up costing a literal fortune. Therefore it is much easier, cheaper, and hassle-free to invest in a web hosting company.
- Total Control – The creator will have full control over the website’s functioning and design. This is not possible on a free website hosting platform like Tumblr or Blogger where there are a huge number of rules, failure to adhere to which can cause the website to be taken down. This can result in the loss of crucial sales for the business.
- More Customisation Options – On a free hosting site there are limited options for website function and interface. Due to this, a website cannot reach a large audience. Plus, on a free hosting site, your website will have to share branding with the host site. This can decrease the credibility of the original creator among viewers.
Extensive research is needed to select a service provider. A good backup, quality customer service, convenient user interface, and other features like language change, et cetera have to be checked before finalizing a web hosting service.