Instagram is open to everyone. It is a visual media sharing platform that also allows people to connect and engage with their mates. If used correctly, you can make the most out of your Instagram account in various ways. However, it is vital to know several things before you create an Instagram account.
How to create an Instagram account?
- Instagram is free to use, and you can download the application from the Google play store.
- Depending upon your need for an Instagram account, you should create a business or a private account.
- If you are going with a private account, you should give your details such as name, age, gender, etc. You can also provide a profile picture of your choice. In the bio section, you should provide some information that best describes you as a person. It is commonly followed that a bio section will contain the interests and hobbies of the person. However, you can share anything within three sentences in this bio section. If you have any personal website, you can add the link too here. You could not do that in your posts.
- If you are opening a business account, the processes will be similar with slight modifications. You should provide the business name instead of your name. The name should reflect the services you offer or about the products if you are not giving the business name itself. In the bio section, you should describe a bit about your business, highlighting the key offerings such as discounts if any. You can alter the bio section whenever you want. You can also add your website link to the bio section.
- Once you have created your profile, you should start connecting with the people you know. They can be your friends or relatives. If they follow you back, you can chat with them. You can also buy Instagram likes and followers.
- In case you have a business account, you should start posting content relevant to your niche and business. You have to promote your business account as much as you can to drive traffic to your site.
Factors to know while uploading posts
- Your posts should not be offensive and do not hurt the beliefs or habits of any others.
- Child-friendly content will get a greater reach.
- Consistent content uploads will get your more attention and followers.
- Business posts should not be directly salesy.
- Your content should be unique.
How to monetize your account?
If you are not having a business account but willing to earn through your private account, you should become an Instagram influencer. The process of acting as an influencer on Instagram is as follows,
- You accumulate followers and engagements to your account.
- You become an influential person whose content will reach thousands at once and will get hundreds of engagements.
- You reach potential businesses for promotional opportunities.
- They offer you advertising campaigns.
- You negotiate the price.
- Both finalize the contract.
- You promote and get paid.