Today’s world is online-based. And in this modern world, everyone is dependent on digital channels for their education, communication, amusement, and shopping. So, these online-based digital systems have become an integral part of our day-to-day life. And in this digital world, marketers are using digital marketing techniques to attract new customers, retain back the old customers, and increase revenue. Email marketing is an important segment of digital marketing. Sending commercial messages to a targeted particular group of people through email is called email marketing. And these emails contain advertisements, solicit sales and business requests, etc. It is a digital marketing strategy that is completely based on email sending to potential and current customers. According to the statistical data of 2018, Email marketing proved to be better than SEO, affiliate marketing, and social media marketing. There are many advantages of email marketing though there are also some disadvantages, which is very little compared to the advantages. There are several types of email marketing that marketers generally use, and some of the significant ones have been discussed with advantages.
1.Welcome Emails: It is a way to build a strong relationship with a person by sending an email before introducing new products and services. It’s more like creating a good first impression and creating a relationship in which potential customers will desire to buy that product or service. And they will strongly believe in the marketer buying the product because of the strong bonding.
- Start of the business partnership: When the marketer can send a welcome mail targeting the potential prospects, he is about to build a close relationship.
- Bad first impression: If the marketer is not skilled enough, then he may make the mistake of losing potential customers, only for not having a good first impression.
- Email Newsletter: Mainly the industrial businesses use newsletters as the foundation of email marketing.
- Brand awareness: newsletters create certain anticipation in readers just like the newspapers. Newsletters have to be sent regularly to keep the audience in the grip. And if the readers like the newsletters, they will stay subscribed to receive more. And when the readers get the newsletter regularly, they get a clarifying idea about their brand.
- Repurpose content: newsletters normally contain the published content. They usually contain a link to the published content, which drag the user to the company’s website and engage them with other contents of the website.
- Diverse content: Email newsletters give one the freedom to include different types of content. So, the organizer can add a blog post, an embedded video link, an announcement of an upcoming event, etc.
- Sponsorship emails: nowadays, sponsorship emails with display ads are getting popular in which the organizer gets paid by pay per click (PPC), display advertising, mobile advertising, V and affiliate advertising, etc., for adding the link into the emails.
- Highly Targeted: Maybe the best advantage of sponsorship emails he can be specific in explaining the goal one wants to reach.
- Exact ROI: The investment is limited and known, making it easy to determine how much return the organizer needs to get to cover the investment.
- It is paid: In sponsorship mails, one needs to pay first to feature on people’s mailbox, as these emails are not subscribed.
So, these are some of the examples of email marketing. There are many of them, and almost all of them are as effective as the other for digital marketing. Therefore, email marketing is doing a fine job as a digital marketing segment, and there is no doubt about it.