Manufacturers Maintain Business Continuity Plans in Essential Goods Sector amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 outbreak has cast a negative effect on the wavefront sensor market. However, manufacturers are focused on maintaining strong supply chains for essential industries such as the biomedical and the consumer products industries. They are increasing efforts to maintain business continuity plans with end customers in the essential goods & services sector.
Travel restrictions have been significantly affecting international trade. Companies in the wavefront sensor market are experiencing a demand shortage due to the overall downturn of global economic activities. They are increasing efforts to comply with the regulations set by local and federal authorities, pertaining to social distancing and sanitization. Many companies in the U.S., Europe, Russia, and India are yet to deploy full operations in factories due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Wavefront Sensor Market
Shack-Hartmann Wavefront Sensors Gain Popularity for their Performance and Versatility
The Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor is becoming increasingly commonplace in optical metrology. Axiom Optics— an expert in advanced imaging and optical metrology, is increasing its manufacturing capabilities for Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensors, owing to its performance and versatility. These sensors are acting as a competitive alternative to interferometers such as Fizeau, since the former deploys rapid and accurate measurement of the radius of curvature. Companies in the wavefront sensor market are boosting their output capabilities in Shack–Hartmann wavefront sensors as accessories such as R-FLEX systems are being used to increase the versatility of these sensors.
Apart from ophthalmology, companies in the wavefront sensor market are tapping into incremental opportunities in the optical testing of eye wears. This can be attributed to increased accessibility toward smart glasses. Awareness about safety eye wear norms is helping companies in the market of wavefront sensors to streamline their production processes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Defocused Light Field Camera Structures Improve Accuracy of Wavefront Measurement
Manufacturers in the wavefront sensor market are abiding with various regulations such as the European Standards for Eye protection and the Eye protection from The American National Standards Institute. In order to expand their business streams, manufacturers are complying with regulations, such as eye protectors for industrial and non-industrial use in South Africa. Companies in the wavefront sensor market are developing products that measure the highest level of optical correctness in safety eye wear.
Light field cameras are being used in the wavefront sensing field, owing to their advantages of large field of view and high utilization rate of light energy. However, traditional light field cameras are subject to low linearity and low reconstruction accuracy. Hence, manufacturers are increasing awareness about the defocused light field camera structure to improve the accuracy of wavefront measurement.
Crossed-Sine Wavefront Sensors Deliver Absolute Measurement Accuracy in Biomedical Optics
The wavefront sensor market is expected to cross the value mark of US$ 5.3 Bn by the end of 2030. This is evident since wavefront sensors have become core components in the field of adaptive optics for metrology, astronomy, and biomedical optics. However, there is a need for sensors that deliver high spatial resolution at the pupil of the tested optics. Hence, companies in the wavefront sensor market are innovating in crossed-sine wavefront sensors based on the concept of gradient transmission filters to achieve absolute measurement accuracy.
Apart from Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensors, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop pyramid sensors that combines four pupil images seen through a pyramid prism located at the focus of the system.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Wavefront Sensor Market
Wavefront Sensor Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global wavefront sensor market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, the development of new technologies in various types of wavefront sensors to improve the performance of optical systems is expected to boost the global wavefront sensor market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensors that provide accurate measurements of the wavefront shape and intensity distribution of incident beams in consumer and biomedical industries are expected to drive the global wavefront sensor market.
- In terms of revenue, the global wavefront sensor market is expected to surpass value of US$ 5.3 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~25% during the forecast period
Rising Demand for Adaptive Optics in Communication Industry: A Key Driver
- Adaptive Optics (AO) is a technology used to improve the performance of an optical system by deforming a mirror in order to correct the instantaneous wavefront distortions
- The AO technology was invented to remove the effects of atmospheric distortion in astronomical telescopes and laser communication systems
- The AO is also a powerful tool to improve the performance of non-coherent laser communications, and according to few researchers, AO can be utilized in the coherent laser communication system to improve its performance
- Moreover, adaptive optics corrects a wavefront by using an optical element that changes shape when an outside control signal is applied, which make it an ideal solution for accurate measurement of distortion
- Thus, increasing demand for adaptive optics in the global optical communication sector is projected to have a positive impact on the global wavefront sensor market during the forecast period
Growing Demand for Miniaturized Components: Latest Market Trend
- Advancement in technology and surge in demand for use of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems in military & defense applications have increased across the globe
- ISR systems have the capability to correct wavefront aberrations in real time, offering a new path to improve long-range optical system performance at relatively low cost
- For instance, Nanohmics Inc. helps Raytheon Company to improve image quality by integrating advanced adaptive optic algorithms for wavefront correction in UAV aerial ISR systems
- Thus, incorporation of advanced technology in wavefront sensors for military & defense sector across the globe is expected to boost the global wavefront sensor market during the forecast period
Increased Cost of Raw Materials: A Major Challenge for Wavefront Sensor Market
- The Shack-Hartmann sensor has a limited resolution, particularly in detecting higher-order aberrations, which is considered as one of its major drawbacks
- Several square pixels are required in order to obtain measurement of a wavefront at one point in the analysis plane. The first Shack-Hartmann sensors used in astronomical telescopes were closed-loop adaptive-optics systems.
- In recent years, to obtain high resolution, the conventional wavefront sensors are handicapped due to the use of complex hardware elements such as special micro-lenses containing high-frequency signatures or rotations for better localization of spots, that result in hike in cost of the final product
- This factor is projected to have a moderately negative impact on the global wavefront sensor market during the forecast period
Wavefront Sensor Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of wavefront sensors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global wavefront sensor market are
- Active Optical Systems
- Boston Micromachines Corporation
- Canon Inc.
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Celestron LLC
- IRIS AO, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
- PHASICS CORP.
- Raytheon Company
- Sacher Lasertechnik Gmbh
- Thorlabs, Inc.
Wavefront Sensor Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of wavefront sensors, such as Canon Inc., IRIS AO, Inc., and Thorlabs, Inc. are focusing on the development of innovative and reliable wavefront sensors. Some other key developments in the global wavefront sensor market are as follows:
- In May 2020, Canon Inc. partnered with Surfacide to offer Helios, a rapid decontamination tool for its imaging equipment
- In November 2019, Canon Inc. was awarded a five-star rating from China Environmental United Certification Center (CEC) under the Green Supply Chain Rating Certification scheme
- In October 2018, Thorlabs, Inc. acquired the Fiber Optic Portfolio of Norland Products Inc. and made the GL16 All-in-One Interferometer and CC6000 Portable Interferometer for its customers
- In May 2017, IRIS AO, Inc. joined the High-Contrast Imaging Balloon System (HiCIBaS) team, to fly a deformable mirror in near space conditions
- In the report on the global wavefront sensor market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of wavefront sensor. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global wavefront sensor market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]