Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics: Introduction
- Veterinary infectious disease diagnostics are tests that help in determining and identifying various disorders in animals. These procedures are performed via various methods that utilize their blood, feces, and tissue samples.
- New methods and technologies that have been developed for human diagnostics are also utilized extensively in veterinary diagnostics. Various methods used in veterinary diagnostics include immunodiagnostics (lateral flow assays, ELISA, etc.), molecular diagnostics (polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, microarrays, etc.) and others.
- Other methods used include indirect fluorescent antibody test (IFAT), complement fixation, agglutination, western blot, etc.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- Increase in prevalence of zoonotic diseases is anticipated to propel the market. A disease that spreads between animals and humans is termed as zoonotic disease. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi. Scientists estimate that more than 6 in 10 infectious diseases in humans spread through animals. Transportation of goods and rapid movement of people have resulted in the introduction and creation of several novel vector species previously absent in some areas.
- Prevalence of several zoonotic and vector-borne diseases is likely to increase in the near future as a result of changing social habits, habitat modification, exotic vector introductions, and climate change. Hence, the need for the development of rapid and precise diagnosis methods for the prevention of these diseases is anticipated to drive the veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market.
- The global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market continues to grow at a rapid pace. This growth can be witnessed in developed countries due to improved diagnostic and medical capabilities for companion animals. Technologically advanced diagnostic assays and techniques, such as RTPCR, are experiencing high market demand over conventional diagnosis products.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=73693
Immunodiagnostics Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on technology, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be segmented into immunodiagnostics, molecular diagnostics, and other veterinary diagnostic technologies. Immunodiagnostics segment is further divided into lateral flow assays, ELISA tests, and other immunodiagnostic technologies.
- Immunodiagnostic segment accounted for the highest share of the veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to the emergence of advanced diagnostic immunoassay formats and diagnostic platforms.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=73693
Companion Animals Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of animal type, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be divided into companion animal and food producing animal
- Companion animal segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the growing pet ownership in developed countries, increasing penetration of pet insurance, rising number of veterinary practitioners globally, and surge in animal disease control and disease prevention measures.
Reference Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- On the basis of end-user, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be classified into reference laboratories, veterinary hospitals & clinics, point-of-care/in-house testing, and research institutes & universities
- Reference laboratories end-user segment led the global market in 2018. The significant share of this end-user segment can be attributed to the high number of samples received for analysis in reference laboratories from small and large animal practices.
Pre Book Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=73693<ype=S
North America to Lead Global Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in product offerings, presence of key market players in the region, and rise in affordability and demand for early diagnosis.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest growth during the forecast period, owing to rise in adoption of pets, demand for infectious disease diagnostics in food-producing animals, and incidences of zoonotic diseases
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Zoetis Inc.
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Neogen Corporation
- bioMérieux SA
- Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
- Creative Diagnostics
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Upper Respiratory Tract Disorder Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/upper-respiratory-tract-disorder-diagnostics-and-therapeutics-market-global-opportunity-analysis-and-industry-forecast-2020/
Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/molecular-testing-for-infectious-diseases-market-insulin-infusion-pumps-segment-to-dominate-global-market/
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453