Sustainable Solutions to Address Toilet Crisis in Underdeveloped and Developed Regions to Aid Market Growth
The past decade has experienced a considerable growth in the overall awareness related to sanitation and hygiene across the world, particularly in underdeveloped and developing regions including Asia Pacific, Africa, and Latin America. The rate of infrastructure development across these regions continues to remain high, as governments emphasize on industrialization and modernization due to which, the demand for toilet seats has increased at a considerable rate over the past few years. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Toilet Seat Market
Sanitation campaigns initiated by municipalities coupled with substantial rise in the number of toilet-building projects across the Asia Pacific region is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for market players operating across the toilet seat market. Moreover, technological advancements and advent of several innovative concepts are expected to pave the way for ‘smart toilets’ in upcoming years, which, in turn, is expected to have a direct influence on the growth trajectory of the global toilet seat market. Several urban planners and architecture firms are increasingly focusing on devising sustainable solutions to address the toilet crisis in several developing and under developed countries– another factor that is likely to propel the market growth in the upcoming years.
At the back of these factors, along with expanding residential and commercial sectors around the world, the global toilet seat market is expected to reach US$ 8.7 Bn by the end of 2030.
Growing Demand for Portable Sanitation to Drive Global Market for Toilet Seats
Due to continual innovations and emphasis on improving sanitation conditions at construction sites, public spaces, public events, and more, portable toilets have garnered a great amount of popularity over the past few years– a trend that is likely to gain momentum over the assessment period. The soaring demand for portable toilets can be primarily attributed to functional properties such as convenience, low cost, and no plumping infrastructure. The commercialization trend across different parts of the world is projected to provide abundant opportunities to the players operating in the toilet seat market. Commercial construction spending across countries, including India, China, and Indonesia is projected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period due to which, the demand for toilet seats is anticipated to grow at an impressive pace.
While the commercial sector is projected to provide opportunities to manufacturers involved in the toilet seat market, the booming residential sector in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions is also expected to prove lucrative.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The soaring demand for portable toilets from the events segment is another factor that is expected to provide a boost to the overall growth of the market for toilet seats during the assessment period. With consistent increase in the number of portable toilet contracts across the event management field, the demand for toilet seats made from lightweight materials such as plastic is expected to scale up in the upcoming years.
Entry of New Technologies Likely to Pave Way for Smart Toilets
Due to considerable development in technology, smart toilets have gradually garnered immense popularity, mainly in nations such as Japan, South Korea, and Germany. A number of players operating in the current toilet seats market landscape are increasingly focusing on integrating smart technologies, including Internet of Things (IoT) in toilet seats. Over the latter half of the forecast period, automated toilet seats are projected to enter the market due to pivotal technological breakthroughs particularly in nations including Japan and South Korea. Sensing the growing interest in smart toilets, a number of companies and tech startups are increasingly focusing on the toilet seat market space to gain a competitive edge.
Demand for Toilet Seats to Decline amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the toilet seat market. Delays or halt in an array of construction projects across the world due to stringent lockdown measures and restrictions on transportation, trade, and more, along with shutdown of the event industry, are expected to play a key role in denting market growth during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, disruption in the supply chain and closures of shopping malls, retail stores, and showrooms are other major factors expected to negatively impact offline sales.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Toilet Seat Market
Toilet Seat Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global toilet seat market for the period 2018–2030 (wherein 2020 to 2030 is the forecast period and 2019 is the base year), the rising government initiatives for better sanitation and increasing government construction of community toilets & public toilets is significantly driving the global toilet seat market
- In the report, revenue generated by the global toilet seat market has been mentioned in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Million Units) during the forecast period
Rising Construction Sector and Home Renovation Activities: A Key Driver of Market
- Rapid urbanization has led to increased demand for residential and commercial infrastructure. Growing population and rising disposable incomes have fueled the construction sector in recent years. The toilet seat market is anticipated to grow due to new construction of residential and commercial spaces.
- Growing trend of home modernization and renovation has increased the installation and usage of a variety of toilet seats. Massive migration to cities, increasing population, and rising middle class income is creating huge demand for real estate, which positively impacts the toilet seat market globally. Growth in business environment generates the need for infrastructure development.
Availability of Alternatives: A Key Restraining Factor of Market
- Other alternatives (squat toilets, urinals, commode chair, toilet converters, etc.) can create hurdles in the development of the toilet seat market. In third world regions, many people still practice open defecation. In developing countries, ordinary toilet seats are majorly used, whereas usage of smart toilet seats is less.
- The high cost of smart toilet seats has forced users to opt for ordinary toilet seats. Regular toilet seats have an average price of ~US$ 20, while the smart ones cost ~US$ 200. Affordability is a major concern as smart toilet seats are costlier than ordinary toilet seats. Hence, people look for affordable options.
- Availability of alternatives and high cost of smart toilet seats are the major factors hindering the growth of the toilet seat market across the globe
Technological Advancements & Innovation: A Key Opportunity in Toilet Seat Market
- The growing trend of home automation has led to innovations and technologically advanced equipment. Toilet seat manufacturers are developing solutions, which can be integrated with smart technologies. Thus, the gradual shift toward intelligent building designs and smart home systems is expected to drive the demand for smart toilet seats in the long run.
- Toilet seat manufacturers are working to develop new smart features, functions, and systems, which are designed to improve the comfort of users. Some manufacturers have launched heated toilet seats with nightlight, and sensor-based toilet seats, all of which are likely to create better opportunities for the global toilet seat market in the near future.
Toilet Seat Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers in the toilet seat market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global toilet seat market include
- AOSMAN SANITARYWARE CO.,LTD
- Bemis Manufacturing Company
- Ginsey Industries, Inc.
- Hamberger Sanitary GmbH
- Huida Sanitary Ware Co., Ltd.
- Kohler Co.
- LIXIL Group Corp.
- TOTO Ltd.
- Villeroy & Boch
Toilet Seat Market: Key Developments
- In February 2020, Kohler Co. announced third-party verified declare labels for plumbing products. Kohler Company has partnered with Toxnot, GreenCircle Certified, and International Living Future Institute (ILFI) to create this inaugural system for producing third-party verified material health disclosures at scale. This verification would provide best solutions for environmental impact and material health transparency.
- In June 2019, Bemis Manufacturing Company acquired European toilet seat molder company, Ivanicplast d.o.o., an injection molder and thermoset compression molder, based in Ivanic Grad, Croatia. The company already produces toilet seats sold under the Bello trade name throughout Central and Eastern Europe. This acquisition combines the strengths of Bemis and Ivanicplast, leveraging Bemis’ global network and resources and Ivanicplast’s local market expertise and manufacturing capabilities. It has also enabled Bemis Company to expand in Eastern Europe.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]