Teriflunomide Market: Introduction
- Teriflunomide is sold under the brand name Aubagio; it is the active metabolite of leflunomide. Teriflunomide was assessed in the Phase III clinical trial TEMSO as a medication for multiple sclerosis (MS). The study was successfully completed in July 2010. 2-year results were positive. However, after the subsequent TENERE head-to-head comparison trial reported that meanwhile the permanent discontinuations [of therapy] were substantially less common in MS patients who received Teriflunomide as compared to interferon beta-1a, relapses, which were more common with Teriflunomide. In September 2012, the drug was approved for usage in the U.S. and for usage in the European Union in August 2013.
Read Report Overview: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/teriflunomide-market.html
- This medication is used for the treatment of multiple sclerosis-MS. It is not a cure for multiple sclerosis; however, it is thought to work by declining certain immune system cells (lymphocytes) that can attack the nerves of the human’s brain and spinal cord. This helps to decrease the number of flare-ups (relapses) and may help slow down physical problems caused by multiple sclerosis. Teriflunomide is an immunomodulatory that inhibits the synthesis of pyrimidine de novo by blocking the enzyme dihydroorotate dehydrogenase. Teriflunomide works by inhibiting rapidly dividing cells, including activated T cells, which are thought to drive the disease process in multiple sclerosis.
- The Teriflunomide market can be segmented based on form, indication, end-user, and region. Based on form, the market can be classified into powders, tablets, and others. Based on end-user, the market can be split into hospitals, clinics, and others. In terms of indication, the market can be split into cancer treatment, immunosuppression, multiple sclerosis, and others.
Request a Sample of Teriflunomide Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=81948
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Teriflunomide Market
- Rising burden of cancer, multiple sclerosis, and autoimmune disease, together with growing FDA, fuels the global teriflunomide market. Teriflunomide is majorly utilized in the treatment of relapsing and remitting forms of multiple sclerosis. Teriflunomide is a capable candidate for treatment of multiple sclerosis. The FDA has been approving numerous companies for the manufacture of Teriflunomide. According to a study from the National MS Society, it is estimated that approximately 1 million people in the U.S. live with multiple sclerosis, and 2.3 million people live with MS, globally. Around 200 new cases are diagnosed every week in the U.S. The role of teriflunomide among the increasing number of treatment options would further boost its demand. It is promising for other diseases such as autoimmune & cancer disorders.
Enquiry before Buying Teriflunomide Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=81948
- A key challenge for the market is that this medication may raise blood pressure. This medication may also lower the ability to fight infections. Teriflunomide can even cause a mild rash, thus all these side-effects are estimated to hamper the usage of teriflunomide drug.
Request For Discount – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=D&rep_id=81948
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Teriflunomide Market
Cases of multiple sclerosis are increasing in North America. For instance, as per the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s study in 2017, approximately 1 million adults (up to 913,925) were suffering with multiple sclerosis in the U.S. Additionally, in 2010, the estimated prevalence of the disease was 309 cases per 100,000 people, i.e., there were 727,344 adults suffering from multiple sclerosis. Furthermore, as per the Government of Canada, (2014–2015 estimates) around 77,000 people are suffering with multiple sclerosis of which three-fourth are women. Furthermore, as per statistics from the Multiple Sclerosis Society, approximately 110,000 people were suffering from the disorder in the U.K. in 2018. It also stated that multiple sclerosis is more than twice prevalent in females than males. While, the number of new patients diagnosed per year is also increasing significantly; (increased from 5,000 in 2017 to 6,700 in 2018). Thus, an increase in prevalence of multiple sclerosis in North America is driving the usage of teriflunomide across the region. Furthermore, an increase in cases of cancers are further boosting the usage of teriflunomide across the region.
Pre-book Teriflunomide Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=81948<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Teriflunomide Market
The global Teriflunomide market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453