- Tactile paving refers to designing of the ground, surface, or a floor in a textured format or a color to highlight the hazards on the surface. It is a warning to pedestrians, drawing their attention to the roughness on or of the surface. Tactile paving is generally done in yellow or brown color. The highlighted strips enable pedestrians who are visually impaired to follow a particular path and right direction. The concept was first introduced in Asia by Japan, starting at Okayama City, followed by Singapore, on the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT), and on South Korean city subways. Textured ground surface is used as an indicator on footpaths, stairs, cricket & sports grounds, railway platforms, crossings, etc. The pavements manufactured use pollution controlling materials and focus on environmental sustainability.
Increased usage on streets, cycle tracks, footways, and subways, a driving factor for the tactile paving market
- Globally and internationally, countries aim and focus at reconstructing roads, pavements, and platforms repeatedly due to high density of foot travelers, especially in developed countries. Streets, cycle tracks, footways, and subways are designed to provide correct side, directions, and to enhance segregation of tracks for a specific route taken while walking. Roads and pavements are textured with concrete and natural stones to avoid any obstacles and advise users against probable road blocks, unrestricted areas, and limited space availability while walking down the street. These factors have surged the demand for tactile paving. Tactile paving is also used to decorate floors at home.
PreBook Now –
Practice of using tactile pavements by visually impaired, elderly population, and children – rising opportunities in the industry
- Generally, visually impaired people, the elderly, and children require to be shown paths. Visually impaired because of their low ability to see, face sight issues, and people who are blind need regular directions to walk properly on busy roads, or on rough ground surface. Additionally, children at a young age have very little or no sense to walk properly to avoid accidents which occur due to unseen and uneven ground surface. Textured surface and tactile paving helps all these people to carefully see the highlighted part of the ground and take preventive control measures while using subways, footpaths, crossroads, passageways, etc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Tactile Paving Market, Request for a Sample
Europe Considered the Dominant Market for Tactile Paving
- In terms of geography, the global tactile paving market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America is expected to rise at a moderate rate during the forecast period owing to steady rate of construction and renovation activities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Europe is the fastest growing region in the tactile paving market due to strict transport rules and regulations enforced by the Department of Environment and Transport, besides rapid infrastructural development in the U.K., Germany, and France. These factors are projected to surge the use of tactile paving in the near future.
- The tactile paving market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate due to the presence of major players operating and focusing on road development, construction industries, and increased infrastructural changes in China, India, Japan, South Korea, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for tactile paving in the Asia Pacific region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Tactile Paving Market
Major players operating in the tactile paving market are facing increased competition. Key companies such as Nitterhouse, UNILOCK, Tobermore, and Pomery Natural Stone are focusing on increasing awareness about tactile paving and guiding the general public about the benefits of using tactile paving. Leading companies are increasing their penetration in the industry by issuing proper guidelines about navigation methods used while crossing or passing through such pathways. Some of the key players operating in the global tactile paving market include:
- Aggregate Industries
- Pomery Natural Stone
- Step on Safety
- Ketley Brick
- Archi Expo