- Space grade connectors are suitable for use in harsh environments for aerospace and satellite communications. Stringent tests are done for outgassing and residual magnetism, vibration, and temperature.
- The manufacturers of space grade connectors utilizes specialized materials, and processing to ensure reliable performance during the launch. Space vehicles are subject to shock vibrations, and stress factors may damage interconnect systems when the performance or quality is inadequate for sustained levels of mechanical stress.
- There are various parameters that space connectors should meet to be used in a space vehicle. For instance, it must be compact as there is not much room on a space vehicle. Also, it must be lightweight as the cost to launch into space is related to the weight of payload. In addition, material used in connectors is also important due to emphasis on low levels of residual magnetism and outgassing.
- The three categories of connectors include D-subminiature, micro-miniature, and circular. The first two are used in PCB, panel mount, and basic cable applications, whereas the third one is used in heavy-duty cable and panel mount applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Increasing Government and Commercial Missions into Space
- Governments and other organizations are collaborating with commercial businesses. For instance, NASA is opening an international space station for commercial business to accelerate innovation in low earth orbit. This plan of NASA enables use of government resources for commercial activities, which creates opportunities for private astronaut missions to space stations.
- Majority of satellites are becoming commercially owned due to this factor. Also, increasing levels of private funding and advances in technology are fueling the market.
- Moreover, governments in various countries including developing economies are focusing more on space exploration in which space connectors play a vital role in payloads, launchers, and other satellite equipment.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Global Space Industry offers Lucrative Opportunity
- The growing space industry may offer opportunity to a number of industries such as aerospace and defense, IT, hardware, as well as telecom sectors. The medium term opportunity is offered from increasing satellite broadband internet access. This will cause mass production of satellites, which in turn increases the demand for hardware such as connectors.
- However, high quality requirements, stringent regulations, political uncertainties, and other factors may hamper the growth of the space grade connectors market.
North America to lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global space grade connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The space grade connectors market in North America is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to applications in aerospace and defense, increasing investments in research and development in technologies, and increasing number of commercial projects. These factors are expected to increase the demand for space grade connector products.
- Moreover, major space connector manufacturers are present in North American and European countries, which further enhances growth in the region.
- The space grade connectors market in Asia Pacific and Europe is also likely to show high growth rate due to increasing focus on space explorations in economies such as India and China.
- Middle East & Africa is projected to show slow growth rate due to lack of investments in technologies.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global space grade connectors market was highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global space grade connectors market include:
- TE Connectivity
- AirBorn, Inc.
- Amphenol Aerospace
- Milnec Interconnect Systems
- BTC Electronic Components
Read Our Latest News Release: