Global Software Licensing Market – Introduction
- Software licensing is an agreement between a user & software vendor to describe the responsibilities of both the parties; it may also levy restrictions related to the usage of the software. Software licenses typically provide end-users with the right to one or more software copies without violating copyrights. Software licensing agreements mainly include warranties & disclaimers, and the limitations of liability of the software if the software/platform or its uses infringe the intellectual property rights.
- Enterprises follow software licensing methods including end-user license agreements (EULA) in which vendors can easily license their software. The second method is the white labeling software licensing approach in which a software/product is created by one company and later rebranded by some other companies.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasingly stringent rules & regulation regarding software or platform: Prominent driving factor of the software licensing market
- Software/ platform is becoming progressively important across various industries including healthcare, automotive, and telecommunication. Software is becoming more and more significant for medical devices under the relevant rules & regulations. According to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Australia, definition of a medical device includes software and mobile applications as well. For instance:
- Software as a Medical Device (SaMD): The therapeutic goods legislation (Australia) covers manufacturers of SaMD products to obtain “conformity assessment certification” to permit inclusion in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG)
- Thus, the increasingly stringent rules & regulations regarding software or a platform is augmenting the growth of the software licensing market worldwide.
Increasing usage of open-source software/platform expected to significantly hamper the software licensing market
- Increasing demand for open-source software/platform is negatively impacting the software licensing market. Open source platform is a platform that anybody can review, alter, and enhance with a source code. Open source platforms usually are available free of cost and do not require the user to pay for any further copy. This platform/software is reliable due to two main reasons: open source platforms are mainly developed by talented & skilled professionals who develop high-quality programs. Secondly, the platforms are worked on by many people who monitor the bugs and also fix such defects within a short period of time. Therefore, growing demand for open-source platform/software is expected to significantly hamper the software licensing market globally.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global software licensing market
- In terms of region, the global software licensing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global software licensing market during the forecast period since numerous companies are shifting toward software-based selling, which is significantly driving the market in the region, indicating potential growth of the software licensing market. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for software licensing from 2019 to 2027. Increasing anti-counterfeiting & anti-piracy initiatives are likely to drive the software licensing market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global software licensing market during the forecast period due to growing transition from homegrown to commercial SLM systems, which is expected to increase the adoption of software licensing in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
- DXC Technology Company
- Gemalto NV
- WIBU-SYSTEMS AG
- Vector Networks
- Nimbix, Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Snow Software
- Reprise Software
Global Software Licensing Market: Research Scope
Global Software Licensing Market, by Form Factor
- Software-based enforcement
- Hardware-based enforcement
Global Software Licensing Market, by Type
- User based licensing
- Authorized User
- Concurrent User
- Floating User
- Capacity based licensing
- Processor Value Unit (PVU)
- Server/ Virtual Server
- Others Licensing
Global Software Licensing Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Software Licensing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Related Reports Press-Release –
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453