- A seat track position sensor uses the Hall switch technology to measure the position input for dual-stage airbags. Unlike seatbelt buckle sensor ICs, seat position sensor ICs typically use a vane interrupt sensing style to determine as to which seat area is located along the seat line. A seat track position sensor includes a magnet on either side of the seat track and a unipolar Hall-effect switch. Seat rail location sensors detect the front seat position and provide information essential for airbag control.
- Several sensor ICs can be used to determine different positions along the seat line, which can then be used to determine the driver’s relative position on the steering wheel or dashboard by using the airbag deployment controller.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market
- Increasing demand for driver safety and rise in purchase of automobiles are boosting the global seat track position sensor market. However, use of these sensors may result in faulty systems due to their automation. This, in turn, restrains the market.
- In spite of these challenges, advancements in the field of sensors and sensing components are expected to provide immense opportunities to the global seat track position sensor market during the forecast period
- Due to various benefits offered by seat track position sensors, such as flexible switch points and high gap tolerance, multiple applications, excellent field performance on several OEM platforms, and low-cost designs, the demand for these sensors is rapidly increasing
- Adoption of seat tract position sensors is growing considerably owing to their high accuracy and robust construction. These factors are anticipated to fuel the global seat track position sensor market in the near future.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Market for Seat Track Position Sensors
- In terms of region, the global seat track position sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global market for seat track position sensors between 2019 and 2027, due to presence of a large number of automobile manufacturers and ongoing technological innovations in the region
- Europe is expected to witness increase in the demand for advanced automotive technologies in the near future. This, in turn, is likely to drive the market for seat track position sensors in the region during the forecast period. This is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to global automotive manufacturers to expand their presence in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global seat track position sensor market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Allegro MicroSystems
- Dalroad Norslo
- Stoneridge, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
- Air Comm Corporation
Read Our Latest Press Release: