Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market: Introduction
- Robotic surgical simulation is a computer-based technology to simulate numerous surgical procedures for the purpose of training health care professionals without the requirement of a subject
- This procedure is carried out in order to reduce or prevent errors by medical professionals. As per the data published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information in May 2019, approximately 400,000 inpatient each year experience some type of medical error, which makes it the third leading cause of death in the world. In 2013, based on studies it was estimated that 210,000 to 440,000 deaths per year occur due to medical errors.
- Launch of new technology-based products is fueling robotic surgery simulation systems market In December 2017, VirtaMed AG launched ArthroS Ankle, a VR simulator for ankle arthroscopy. The product includes features, such as adapted original tools, authentic haptic feedback through life-like anatomic ankle model, realistic VR graphics, and a customizable course structure for proficiency-based learning.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market
- With rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, the number of surgeries performed globally has also increased. According to the data published by the World Health Organization, in 2015, 3,064 surgical procedures per 100,000 population were performed in Central Asian countries.
- Demand for robotic surgeries is also fueling global robotic surgery simulation systems market growth. Over 20 years, da Vinci robotic platform of Intuitive Surgical has performed more than 5 million surgeries globally. This can be attributed to the increase in the adoption of minimally invasive surgeries. Thus, the growing number of surgical procedures is resulting in high demand for simulation products and services to help reduce medical errors, which, in turn, is boosting the growth of the global robotic surgical simulation systems market.
- Factor restraining the expansion of the global robotic surgery simulation systems market is budgetary constraints. The cost of model range from US$ 80,000 to US$ 137,000 (da Vinci Skills Simulator; Intuitive Surgical Inc.). This also varies with the purchase of additional software with supplementary exercises for training. Thus, high cost hampers robotic surgery simulation systems market growth.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on products & services, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be segmented into model-based simulation, web-based simulation, and simulation training services
- Model-based simulation products & services segment accounted for the highest share of the robotic surgery simulation systems market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to numerous advantages offered by model-based simulation over traditional learning as well as increase in demand for minimally invasive treatments and focus on patient safety.
Commercial Simulation Center Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be divided into: hospitals, surgical centers, commercial simulation centers, and others
- Commercial simulation centers segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increase in demand for educational training programs in research institutes and simulation centers to enhance clinical performance.
- Various market players are also collaborating with medical institutions and simulation centers to provide educational services to health care professionals to help them enhance their surgical skills
Request COVID Analysis on Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market –
North America to Dominate Global Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global robotic surgery simulation systems in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to the rise in demand for minimally invasive surgeries, increase in focus on patient safety, technological advancements, and established distribution channels.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in health care expenditure and improvements in health care facilities
Pre Book Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market Report –
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global robotic surgery simulation systems market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CAE HEALTHCARE
- Surgical Science Sweden AB
- Simulab Corporation
- Limbs & Things LTD
- VirtaMed AG
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Touch of Life Technologies Inc.
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Smart Inhalers Market –
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market –
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.”
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453