- Redox meter, also known as ORP meter, is used to define the oxidizing properties of solutions and monitor or measure the chemical reactions to quantify the ion activity
- It is used to measure the oxidizing or reducing potential of the water sample, primarily potable and industrial water samples. Redox meter provides information about the metal and total salt present in the water. It is majorly used where reliable, accurate, and exact measurements are required.
- Redox meter is used in laboratories to measure pH, conductivity, temperature, and oxidation-reduction potential of a solution
- There are three types of redox meters: redox handle meters, redox meters with an external probe, and tabletop redox meters
- The global redox meter market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the increase in demand for these in laboratories to measure the oxidation-reduction potential of solutions
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Redox Meter Dynamics
Key Drivers of Redox Meter Market
- Rise in demand to maintain the required parameters of water purity in numerous household and industrial applications of water is expected to boost the demand for redox meter during the forecast period
- Redox meter transfers the testing result data directly to the laptop or computer. It can also deliver reliable and accurate water testing results in rugged and wet conditions. These factors are anticipated to propel the redox meter market in the next few years.
- Increase in demand for redox meters in laboratories and various industries to test hydrogen-rich water is another key factor estimated to fuel the global redox meter market
- Rapid adoption of redox meters to measure the chlorine content, conductivity, and temperature in surface or ground water and industrial wastewater treatment plants across the globe is projected to boost the demand for redox meters in the near future
- Growth in government initiatives to control and maintain the purity of the water, especially industrial wastewater, is also likely to propel the global redox meter market
- Increase in usage of redox meters for pool and spa maintenance is also expected to drive the redox meter market
- Technological advancement related to water quality testing instruments has augmented the global redox meter market
- Adoption of advanced redox meters is low. This is anticipated to adversely impact the demand for redox meters.
- Lack of awareness regarding wastewater treatment in undeveloped regions is also projected to hamper the market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to Hold Major Share of Redox Meter Market
- North America dominated the global redox meter market in 2018 due to the presence of well-established, technologically advanced manufacturers and implementation of stringent rules and regulations regarding water pollution in the region
- The redox meter market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in infrastructure development and industrial growth in the region. Additionally, rise in application areas of redox meter is projected to boost the market.
Redox Meter Market – Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Redox Meter Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture redox meters. Hence, the market is fragmented. Intensity of competition is also high among players. Rapid technological advancements have led to a threat of substitution in the redox meter market. Manufacturers are designing redox meters in line with the current industry needs. For instance, Thermo Fisher Scientific has introduced the ORP/Redox meter, which measures the pH, ORP, and temperature together. Additionally, PCE Deutschland GmbH, a redox meter manufacturer, has launched the portable PCE PH redox meter to control the pH and conductivity of water. Key players operating in the global redox meter market include:
- ABB Group
- American Marine Inc.
- Eutech Instrument
- Hanna Instruments
- HI-TECH SWEET WATER TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD.
- Knick Elektronische Messgeräte GmbH & Co. KG
- PCE Deutschland GmbH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Trans Instruments (S) Pte Ltd.
- Xylem Inc.
Redox Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Redox Meter Market, by Modularity
Global Redox Meter Market, by Application
- Water Disinfection
- Water Sterilization
Global Redox Meter Market, by End-user
- Industrial Plants
- Surface/Groundwater Treatment Plants
Global Redox Meter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Read Our Latest Press Release: