POCT Devices with Virus Receptors for COVID-19 Detection Gain Popularity
Even as the COVID-19 outbreak has subsided in many regions of the world, countries such as Spain, Saudi Arabia, the U.K., and Germany are still under the siege of the pandemic. Companies in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are capitalizing on this opportunity to develop point-of-care testing (POCT) devices that facilitate quick and reliable detection of whether a patient is infected using virus receptors.
Common business challenges, including disruptions in supply of raw materials and volatile demand are affecting business activities. However, the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market and the semiconductor industry is far from experiencing the devastating effects of the coronavirus outbreak as compared to healthcare, airlines, and hospitality industries. Many companies are seen to have sufficient inventory stocks, and are adopting the plug and play mode to manage production activities.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At::https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=997<ype=S
Hybrid Platforms Gain Prominence in Quantum Chip Applications
Apart from monolithic and module integration, companies in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are unlocking revenue opportunities in hybrid integrations. Monolithic photonic platforms are required to meet stringent demands in most quantum applications. Hence, companies are innovating in hybrid platforms that combine different photonic technologies within a single functional unit to overcome the shortcomings of monolithic photonic circuits.
The photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market is predicted to expand at an explosive CAGR of ~23% during the forecast period. This is evident since companies are scaling up quantum chip innovations. MIT engineers are gaining recognition for developing a hybrid process that connects photonics with artificial atoms in order to create one of the largest quantum chip of its type.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
SOI Platforms Leverage Highly Mature Ecosystem of CMOS Technology
The photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market is estimated to surpass the revenue of US$ 7.6 Bn by the end of 2031. Silicon on insulator (SOI) is being increasingly preferred for photonics-based technological area, as SOI platforms are leveraging the highly mature ecosystem of complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor (CMOS) technology with the help of new processing techniques. The smart cut process is being highly publicized for developing engineered wafers by stacking extremely thin and uniform crystalline layers of semiconductors. This process is replacing the conventional microelectronic technology.
Companies in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are benefitting with the SOI technology, since this technology is emerging as an alternative to traditional copper lines in data interconnects with submicrometer-wide silicon waveguides.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/governed-by-strict-regulatory-and-compliance-requirements-high-deployment-in-bfsi-rallies-growth-in-enterprise-governance-risk-and-compliance-market-transparency-market-research-301245643.html
Semicon Foundries Attract Investment from Venture Capital Companies to Expand Manufacturing Capacities
Companies in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are attracting investments from venture capital companies. For instance, the Netherlands-based PIC wafer foundry Smart Photonics is being backed by Amsterdam’s venture capital company Innovation industries with €35 Mn in series C venture finance. Such investments are helping companies to advance in indium phosphide (InP) epiwafers that are gaining popularity among European, the U.S., and Asian customers.
Stakeholders in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are increasing efforts to gain investments from active venture capital companies to expand their semicon manufacturing capacities. They are adopting automated assembly services for developing PIC devices.
Heterogeneous Integration, Advanced Packaging Reduce Total Cost of PIC Devices
The adoption of the integrated photonics technology is hampered by high assembly costs, which contributes to more than 50% of the total device costs in electrical and optical packaging. This is hampering the expansion of the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market. Hence, innovation centers such as the Chip Integration Technology Center (CITC) is increasing efforts to remove this barrier by collaborating with other stakeholders to facilitate heterogeneous integration and advanced packaging for PIC devices.
Innovations in indium phosphide-based PIC production are translating into business opportunities for stakeholders in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market. JePPIX Pilot Line, based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, is acquiring recognition for commercialization of indium phosphide-based PIC production using Process Design Kits embedded in industry standard design environments.
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market for the historical period 2017–2019 and the forecast period 2021–2031, usage of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) in biophotonics, sensing, and optical communication sectors, and increasing application of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) in long-haul & transport networks and FTTx & access networks are factors expected to boost the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 7.6 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~23% during the forecast period
Proliferation of Advanced Electronics in Various Industries: A Key Driver of Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market
- Photonic integrated circuits can be designed on different platforms; however, a direct band gap semiconductor is required for effective on-chip light formation. Traditionally, the first photonics integrated circuit with lasers were realized on InP or GaAs substrates.
- Heterogeneous silicon technology is used to produce commercial products for the data center segment and is being distributed in volume
- Heterogeneous silicon technology has the capability to implement multiple die bonding, and it can be optimized epitaxially to ensure high-performance of photonic integrated circuits for both, sensing and communications
- Hence, this bonding enables effective electrically pumped light formation on silicon and resolves the main issue in realizing more complex integrated photonic circuits using CMOS processes. The impact of this driver is expected to be high during the forecast period.
- Thus, demand for photonic integrated circuits (PIC) is estimated to increase over the next few years, and major players in the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are utilizing the economies of scale to meet the rising demand
- However, along with the advantages of superior bandwidth and fast communication, photonics do pose some serious concerns relating to designing and modeling of the PICs. Chip size and design complications relate to layout, error checking, and circuit modeling, and also in implementing design automation, as integration of photonic circuits and components into their electronic counterparts do not comply with the standard Electronic Design Automation (EDA) flows reliably or effectively. This is expected to restrain the growth of the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market during the forecast period.
Increasing Consumer Demand for High Speed Communication
- Emergence of data center cloud interconnection services, ultra-bandwidth video services, and 5G mobile network services are expected to stimulate the development of optical transport network technology
- Growing demand for such services is driving the use of photonic integrated circuits for communication systems
- Integration of optical components and functions into a large-scale PIC shows significant benefits when it is integrated into an optical communication system. PICs remove the limitation of optical component complexity, and allow the right engineering balance to be chosen.
- Photonic integrated circuits help to meet the increasing demand for communication systems for the Internet, which is growing ~40% per year globally. This growth is driven mainly by increasing video traffic in the Internet network.
- The growth is now further accelerated by mobile access, with video calls on all smartphones and tablets enabling video to be consumed more conveniently via network connections anywhere and anytime. The impact of this driver is expected to be high during the forecast period.
TMR is a leader in the market research space providing end-to-end business solutions and consulting services. TMR operates from its own office space of almost 10,000 sq. ft located in a prime commercial complex at Pune. We serve clients in 150 countries with an approach to deep dive into the economic aspects and geographical nuances for unfailing business intelligence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: email@example.com