Poor Market Sentiments Slowdown Business Activities during COVID-19 Crisis
Since the COVID-19 outbreak is still prevalent in many countries, companies in the press fit connector market are adopting contingency planning to predict uncertainties caused by the pandemic. The poor market sentiment has caused volatility in the demand and supply of semiconductor products. Though mass vaccination programs are causing relaxations in coronavirus restrictions, manufacturers are adhering to national government guidelines to ensure the safety of employees, customers, clients, and partners in the value chain.
Companies in the press fit connector market are functioning at full capacity in countries where the pandemic has subsided. However, the Delta variant of the novel coronavirus is a matter of concern for the U.S., India, Africa, and other several countries. As such, webinars are emerging as important tools to ensure support and business continuity with clients and customers.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=81965<ype=S
EVs to Create Revenue Opportunities after Coronavirus
One of the biggest drivers of growth in the press fit connector market is the fact that the press fit technology is increasingly replacing the soldering technology. However, major disruptions in the automotive industry due to the COVID-19 crisis are affecting market growth. The automotive sector is predicted to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast tenure, owing to the demand for high safety requirements at low cost and increase in electrical functionality. The proliferation of hybrid and electric vehicles is estimated to create future revenue opportunities for stakeholders in the press fit connector market.
Since hybrid and electric vehicles (EVs) operate at high temperatures and vibrational forces, semiconductor manufacturers need to comply with stringent requirements for press fit connector designs. On the other hand, the prevention of thermal stress on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) by no soldering is triggering the demand for press fit connectors.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Vision Recognition Delivers Unmatched Inspection for Press Fit Connector Production
Although press fit eliminates risks linked to soldering, as this technology has its own challenges. Challenges about how to implement automation and achieve ROI (Return on Investment) over manual assembly and high-density pin inspection requirements are inhibiting market growth. Universal Instruments Corporation – an electronics technology company based in Conklin, New York, is gaining awareness about these challenges by adopting vision recognition with 100% of the pins programmed and high connector signal density to address press fit challenges.
There is a demand for high accuracy placement driven by high accuracy measurement in the press fit connector market. Thus, to achieve this, manufacturers in the press fit connector market are conducting 100% pre-insert pin inspection for bent-pin free production.
Press Fit Connectors Deployed in Passive Environments for Data Communication Applications
The press fit technology is creating the availability of highly reliable electro-mechanical interconnects without the use of solder. Apart from automotive applications, manufacturers in the press fit connector market are expanding their business scope in electronics and data & communication applications. Syneo – a precision tooling and machine manufacturer, is making use of the compliant-pin technology in order to produce highly reliable electro-mechanical interconnects without the use of solder. This is being achieved through the insertion of a specially stamped terminal into a plated through hole (PTH) of a PCB.
Apart from data and communication, companies in the press fit connector market are increasing efforts to unlock incremental opportunities in transportation and mechanics applications. Press fit connectors are ideal for board-to-board applications in industries such as telecommunications, aerospace & military, and networking applications, among others. These connectors are being deployed in both passive and harsh environments of data communication and automotive applications.
Anti-theft Antennae, Advanced Automobile Connectivity Solutions Offer Lucrative Opportunities
Coils, capacitors, actuators, and sensors are fueling the demand for press fit technology as an integrated housing or module, sharing a single PCB. Sensor housings and anti-theft antennae are some examples of using the press fit technology to make the assembly process of the application more easy and reliable. This indicates endless possibilities for manufacturers in the press fit connector market for mechatronics applications. TE Connectivity – a provider of advanced automobile connectivity solutions, is building its product portfolio in press fit contacts, modules, and matching machinery equipment.
Advanced automobile connectivity solution companies in the press fit connector market are aiming to become one-hand supplier for automotive OEMs and other stakeholders in the value chain. The growing demand for single pin insertion machines for highly flexible seating conditions as well as connector seating machines supports seamless production line integration.
Extensive Testing Data from Laboratories Validating Press Fit Technology
The elimination of dry joints, highly reliable interfaces, and direct-contact interfaces with high normal force are advantages that are translating into growth for companies in the press fit connector market. Deployments of press fit eye-of-the-needle style interconnects have shown a consistent pattern of better reliability than similar designs using conventional solder joint connections. The extensive testing data is being amassed from laboratory and production environments to demonstrate the overall reliability of the press fit technology.
Press fit interconnects help to support a wide range of application requirements such as PCB-to-PCB stacking interconnects, controllers, fuse holders, and the likes. The growth of the automotive industry is generating stable revenue streams for manufacturers. Energy and transportation sectors are helping manufacturers to expand their income sources.
Bi-spring Power Press Fit Connectors Eliminate Need for Costly Press-in Equipment
Companies in the press fit connector market are bolstering their production capabilities in complaint pins, since they require less force during the insertion process and produce more reliable results with less damage. Positronic – a manufacturer and supplier of electronic connectors for a variety of industries, is building a comprehensive portfolio in complaint press fit connectors to minimize the risk of damaging PCBs and backplanes during insertion.
Manufacturers are producing bi-spring power press fit contacts to reduce insertion forces. Manufacturers are integrating mounting screws in press fit connectors for increased stability during shock and vibration environments so that the movement & stress caused by coupling will not transfer to the PCBs or backplanes. Bi-spring power press fit connectors eliminate the need for costly press-in equipment.
Press Fit Connector Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global press fit connector market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, increasing application areas of press fit connectors, such as aerospace and defense, telecommunications, and electronics; rising demand for electronics intelligent bus system; and advantages of press fit connectors are major factors expected to boost the global press fit connector market during the forecast period
- Based on type, the global press fit connector market has been bifurcated into solid press-in and compliant press-in. The compliant press-in segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.6% for the period of 2021 to 2031. Users prefer compliant press fit pins over solid press, as compliant press aids in decline in size of press fit section. Furthermore, more tolerances can be achieved than solid press-in in plated through hole.
- In terms of application, the global press fit connector market has been classified into automotive, electronics, and data communication. The automotive segment is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2021 to 2031, due to high safety requirements at low cost and increase in electrical functionality. Furthermore, hybrid and electric vehicles operate at higher temperatures and vibrational forces, which places stringent requirement on the design.
- In terms of revenue, the global press fit connector market is expected to reach the value of US$ 13 Bn by 2031, at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
Increase in Utilization of Press Fit Connectors in Automotive Sector: Key Driver
- Manufacturers operating in the automotive industry are adding more electronic content with powertrain electrification and driver assist systems. This has led to the implementation of sensors and PCBs, which have long cabling and several new connections. Additionally, the rising trend of lightweight components to enhance fuel efficiency is prompting manufacturers to adopt smarter electronic solutions. Hence, they are adopting miniaturized connectors inside the vehicle.
- Furthermore, press fit connectors have the ability to withstand harsh environment with extreme temperatures, shocks, as well as vibrations; hence, they offer high power and high reliability. This plays an important role in every automotive system that is being manufactured. Therefore, utilization of press fit connectors in automotive is driving the market.
Advantages of Press Fit Connectors over Soldering Method
- Press fit connectors are widely being used as an alternative to soldering methods. They offer various advantages such as elimination of thermal stress on PCBs, cold solder joints, and shorts. Moreover, press fit connectors can be easily repaired, are more environment-friendly, and cost-effective.
- Additionally, press fit connectors are utilized in diverse applications, including data and communications, transportation, and mechanics. Furthermore, dependable structure, functionality, efficiency, and various advantages over solder technology is fueling the market.
Press Fit Connector Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of press fit connectors, such as ERNI, Teledyne Technologies Inc. Fujitsu Components America, and TE Connectivity Inc. are focusing on technological developments. Some other key developments in the global press fit connectors market are highlighted below:
- In March 2021, ERNI announced that it had expanded its micro speed product family area to include variants with the additional pin counts 26, 32, and 44 plus unshielded connectors are also being added in the power supply group. This extended range is estimated to enable the company to cater to various requirements of customers.
- In December 2019, Fujitsu Components America announced that it was expanding the DDR4 DIMM connector series with the addition of a press-fit compliant pin socket. This series offers OEMs the choice of vertical SMT, through hole and press fit mounting options to the PCB for greater design flexibility in high-performance computing, telecommunication, and networking server applications.
- In the global press fit connectors market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of press fit connectors. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global press fit connectors market.
TMR is a leader in the market research space providing end-to-end business solutions and consulting services. TMR operates from its own office space of almost 10,000 sq. ft located in a prime commercial complex at Pune. We serve clients in 150 countries with an approach to deep dive into the economic aspects and geographical nuances for unfailing business intelligence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org