Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Introduction
Transparency Market Research delivers key insights on the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market. In terms of revenue, the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~23% during the forecast period, owing to numerous factors regarding which, TMR offers thorough insights and forecasts in its report on the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market.
The global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market is broadly affected by several factors, including usage of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) in the optical communication sector and increasing application in the biophotonics sector. Thus, expanding applications of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) in different sectors is propelling the global market for photonic integrated circuits (PIC).
Major Key Players of the Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market are:
Agilent Technologies, Broadcom, Ciena Corporation, Enablence, II-VI Inc., Hewlett Packard, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Infinera Corporation, Intel Corporation, Broadex Technologies Co., Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., MACOM, Mellanox Technologies, NeoPhotonics Corporation, Oclaro, Inc., TE Connectivity, Uniphase Inc., and VLC Photonics S.L.
Get sample copy of “Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market” at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=997
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Dynamics
The photonic integrated circuit is used to combine a tunable laser and optical modulator. PICs develop smaller, high performance, and cost effective tunable solutions across various industries such as medical, consumer electronics, and aerospace. The development of the first PICs a few years ago capable of integrating multiple active functions and components was a tremendous achievement as well as a boost for the industry. Services, such as voice recognition and face recognition have witnessed rising demand with the development of IoT, embedded systems, and connected devices. Voice recognition in particular is witnessing rising application in retail, healthcare, banking, connected devices, smart home, and automobile sectors across the globe. Along with this, the demand for smart TVs and HDTVs is also growing significantly. These developments and innovations are based on an optical signal processing technique, which uses photonic integrated circuits at the core, thereby driving the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market. The growth in the demand for these services coupled with the rise in various other applications of optical signal processing such as data mining and correlating gene data is likely to extensively boost the market for PICs during the forecast period.
Indium phosphide (InP) is the most advanced platform for high performance large-scale photonic integrated circuits (PICs). It is also the most used platform, and expected be the fastest growing platform during the forecast period, specifically due to the extensive availability of indium, and also as it entails modest cost of fabrication. This platform allows for the monolithic integration of all the required active elements (e.g., lasers, semiconductor optical amplifiers [SOAs], modulators, photo detectors), and passive components (e.g., waveguide interconnects, filters, couplers), thus enabling complex single-chip implementation of advanced transmitters and receivers. Compared to optical systems with discrete components, monolithic integration improves system reliability and provides significant reduction in packaging cost, system footprint, fiber coupling loss, and power consumption. Thus, indium phosphide (InP)-based photonic integrated circuits (PIC) have been widely used in coherent transmitter, receiver, wavelength-conversion, and packet-switching applications.
Global Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Segmentation
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market, by Integration Type
- Monolithic Integration
- Hybrid Integration
- Module Integration
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market, by Raw Material
- Indium Phosphide
- Gallium Arsenide
- Lithium Niobate
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market, by Component
- Optical Amplifiers
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market, by Application
- Optical Communication
- FTTx and Access Network
- Microwave/RF Photonics
- Long-haul and Transport Networks
- Optical Datacom
- Structural Engineering
- Chemical Sensors
- Transport and Aerospace
- Energy and Utilities
- Optical Signal Processing
- Optical Metrology
- Optical Instrumentation
- Quantum Optical
- Quantum Computing
- Medical Instrumentation
- Photonic Lab-on-a-Chip
- Analytics and Diagnostics
- Optical Biosensors
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market for the historical period 2017–2019 and the forecast period 2021–2031, usage of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) in biophotonics, sensing, and optical communication sectors, and increasing application of photonic integrated circuits (PIC) in long-haul & transport networks and FTTx & access networks are factors expected to boost the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 7.6 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~23% during the forecast period.
Have any query? Inquiry about report at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=997
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of photonic integrated circuits (PIC), such as Intel Corporation, Enablence, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., and Broadcom are focusing on the construction of cost-effective photonic integrated circuits (PIC) to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market are highlighted below:
- At the Intel Labs virtual event in December 2020, Intel demonstrated a prototype featuring tight coupling of photonics and CMOS technologies, which could serve as a proof-of-concept of future full integration of optical photonics with core compute silicon
- In March 2019, Enablence announced new high performance and low cost planar lightwave circuit (PLC) products for Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing and LAN Wavelength Division Multiplexing
- In September 2018, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. unveiled the world’s first 5G solution-ready commercial 7-nm chipset i.e. Kirin 980 in Berlin, Germany. The chip is considered to be among the most powerful smartphone SoCs (Systems-on-a-Chip) with artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities. The chip is meant to be used in smartphones and tablets.
- In November 2018, Broadcom launched the industry’s first 7-nm 400G PAM-4 PHY-enabling sub-8W optical modules for use in data center and cloud infrastructures
- In the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of photonic integrated circuits (PIC). The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]