Convenient, Secure, and Faster NFC Technology Continues to Gain Popularity Worldwide
Near field communication (NFC) is one of the recent advancements in the short-range wireless connectivity technology that leverages existing interconnection and contactless identification technologies. Over the past couple of decades, as the NFC technology continued to evolve at a rapid pace, the demand for NFC chips witnessed a consistent growth due to which, the NFC chips market has exhibited a positive growth rate over the past few years– a trend that is expected to carry forward during the forecast period.
Some of the key sectors that are anticipated to be the most prominent end users of the NFC technology include automotive, air transport, public transport, retail, and medical. The stakeholders operating in the current NFC chips market are increasingly seeking collaboration opportunities with other players involved in the NFC chips market to gain a competitive edge in the current market landscape. The advent of special interest groups (SIGs) continues to drive the development of future-safe new innovative solutions linked with the NFC technology. The increasing demand for NFC chips for NFC payments is another factor that will bolster the growth of the global NFC chips market in the upcoming years.
While advancements in the financial payments sector will open up new avenues for players operating in the current NFC chip market, the increasing adoption of NFC chips from medical equipment, cosmetic, and automotive sectors is projected to provide an impetus to market growth. At the back of these factors, along with consistent advancements in technology, the global NFC chips market is on course to surpass US$ 5.6 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the NFC Chips Market
Cosmetic Products with NFC Tags Enter Market
Due to steady advancements in the NFC technology, the demand for NFC chips has witnessed a sizeable growth from a plethora of industrial sectors. Furthermore, with new developments, applications of NFC chips are expected to expand to other industrial domains. For instance, beauty and cosmetic products are one of the recent end users of the NFC technology. A number of manufacturers and other players involved in the personal care and beauty products is leaning toward the adoption of the NFC technology to gain a competitive edge due to which, the demand for NFC chips is on the rise. The increasing use of NFC tags, owing to size, flexibility, and other advantages is expected to provide a boost to the growth of the NFC chips market during the assessment period.
Advancements in finance and payments sphere have occurred at a brisk pace in recent years due to which, the mode of payment and payment methods have evolved considerably. The onset of technology has gradually led to the development of the cashless ecosystem due to the entry of mobile banking, Internet banking, and mobile wallet payments. NFC payments have garnered immense popularity in both developed as well as developing regions of the world due to enhanced payment experience and convenience. Apple Pay, Google Pay, LifeLock Wallet, MasterCard PayPass are some of the most popular NFC payment applications in various regions of the world. NFC payments are more secure, convenient, and faster in comparison with other payment alternatives due to which, the demand for NFC chips is on the rise.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Healthcare Sector to Provide Lucrative Opportunities amid COVID-19
The advent of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a sizeable influence on the overall growth of the global NFC chips market in 2024. While the demand for NFC chips from non-healthcare sectors is anticipated to remain modest in 2024 due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, healthcare and payment sectors are tipped to emerge as major end-use sectors of NFC chips during the pandemic. The increasing demand for contactless payment coupled with increasing need to improve the communication among the medical staff across hospitals is some of the major factors that are likely to boost the growth of the global NFC chips market during the assessment period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on NFC Chips Market
NFC Chips Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global NFC chips market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2024–2030, rise in demand for NFC chips among consumer electronics manufacturers and government initiatives and subsidies coupled with rising applications in various sectors are factors expected to boost the global NFC chips market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global NFC chips market is estimated to exceed a value of US$ 5.6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for NFC Chips from Manufacturers of Consumer Electronics: A Key Driver of NFC Chips Market
- NFC chips simplify user interfaces, which enhances their applicability in consumer products. Smartphone manufacturing companies, such as Apple and Samsung, install NFC chips in their handsets; consequently, the demand for NFC chips is increasing among mobile phone manufacturing companies.
- Apart from smartphones, consumer electronic goods, such as speakers, televisions, cameras, refrigerators, and washing machines, use NFC chips to boost contactless data transfer. Moreover, the adoption of digitalization and advanced connectivity technologies are propelling the demand for NFC chips.
- Automotive and infrastructure industries are key markets that are likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to rising integration of various connected technologies, and advance infotainment and security features. These factors are likely to indirectly impact the global NFC chips market, since all of these products are used with NFC chips.
- Communication through NFC chips is considered safest compared to other similar technologies, such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; thus, the penetration of NFC chips is increasing among security systems. In areas such as ticketing particularly, NFC chips are expected to help reduce the cost of issuing tickets and maintain the ticketing infrastructure, which has already been proven in mass transport and airline ticketing. Furthermore, NFC is based on existing contactless infrastructure that is already in daily use by millions of people around the world.
- At a more strategic level, NFC chips enable product and service providers to establish a new communication channel with their customers. When consumers elect to ask for further information or participate in a promotion by touching an NFC tag, they could be asked if they would like to participate in other information or promotional programs.
Government Initiatives and Subsidies Coupled with Rising Applications in Various Sectors to Drive NFC Chips Market
- Governments provide subsidies to telecom companies to undertake huge investment. Government initiatives boost the adoption of the NFC technology by mobile manufacturing units so that NFC chips-enabled phones can be accessible to consumers at affordable price.
- Europe has been substantially ahead in terms of application of the NFC chip technology in healthcare. Germany, France, and Finland are leading nations that have made significant NFC chip application in healthcare.
- NFC has its distinct values where mobility and connectivity meet. Presently, numerous car models use NFC chips for fast and intuitive Bluetooth/WiFi pairing, enabling hands-free telephony, making driving not only more convenient but also more safe.
NFC Chips Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of NFC chips have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global NFC chips market are
- NXP Semiconductors B.V.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- MediaTek Inc.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- AMS AG
- AMS AG
- Sony Corporation
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
NFC Chips Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of NFC chips, such as NXP Semiconductors B.V., Broadcom Inc., and Texas Instruments Inc. are focusing on the construction of cost-effective NFC chips to attract more customers supported by mergers and acquisitions, market strategies, and investments. Some other key developments in the global NFC chips market are highlighted below:
- In June 2018, NXP completed the sale of 24% of its equity interest in WeEn to Tianjin Ruixin Semiconductor Industry Investment Centre LLP, receiving US$ 32 Mn in cash proceeds. On December 31, 2018, NXP transferred the remaining holding to other current assets due to the intended sale of the remaining interest in WeEn.
- In April 2019, Texas Instruments Inc. announced that it is investing US$ 3.1 Bn in a North Richardson wafer fabrication facility. The technology company has been in negotiations with local taxing entities since August 2019 on the expansion project, which is located alongside an existing Texas Instruments fabrication facility.
- In the global NFC chips market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of NFC chips. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global NFC chips market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]