Neutropenia Treatment: Introduction
- Neutropenia occurs when an individual has low levels of neutrophils, a type of white blood cells. Neutrophils are made in the bone marrow, which is the spongy tissue found in larger bones such as the vertebrae, ribs, and pelvis. White blood cells support the body in fighting infections.
- Neutrophils fight against infection by destroying harmful fungi, yeast, and bacteria that attack the body. People with neutropenia have a higher risk of developing serious infections. Half of the individuals with cancer who receive chemotherapy develop some level of neutropenia. Neutropenia is a common side effect in people living with leukemia.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=61542
Key Drivers of Global Neutropenia Treatment Market
- The global neutropenia treatment market is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years. Introduction of novel therapies and increase in the cases of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia are expected to be major drivers of the global neutropenia treatment market. Cancer is a known cause of neutropenia. Rise in usage of chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer is projected to propel the global neutropenia treatment market. Cancer is among the top five causes of death in all age groups across the world.
- In 2014, about 1.6 million new cases of cancer were registered in the U.S., and around 600,000 individuals succumbed to the disease. The most common cancers are prostate, cervical, ovarian, leukemia, pancreatic, lung, breast, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, colorectal, and Hodgkin’s disease. A number of these cancers are curable, particularly when treated at an early stage. However, most of them are fatal without treatment.
- Novel products such as Taiho Pharmaceutical’s drugs, ZOSYN 2.5, ZOSYN 4.5 for I.V. infusion bag, and ZOSYN 4.5 are in the pipeline. In 2015, these products received marketing authorization for the treatment of febrile neutropenia in Japan. These products are expected to reform the global neutropenia treatment market. Leading players are taking initiatives to increase awareness about these new mechanisms among health care professionals. This is expected to augment the global market.
- Additionally, novel drug delivery methods are improving patient convenience, which is leading to improved patient adherence. This propels the global neutropenia treatment market. In April 2017, Amgen launched the new Neulasta (Pegfilgrastim) Delivery Kit. This kit is a novel drug delivery method that allows self-administration of Neulasta, which helps stimulate the production of white blood cells.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Neutropenia Treatment Market –
Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of treatment, the global neutropenia treatment market can be classified into antibiotics, granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), and antifungal drugs
- The granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) segment is expected to account for a significant market share from 2021 to 2031. The segment is likely to grow at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Rise in the utilization of granulocyte colony stimulating factor agents in stimulating the creation of granulocyte is expected to propel the segment.
Hospital Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global neutropenia treatment market can be categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The hospital pharmacies segment is projected to dominate the market
Pre book Market Report –
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Neutropenia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global neutropenia treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to lead the global market during the forecast period. The region’s dominance is attributed to increase in demand for therapeutic needs for febrile neutropenia and execution of new regulations for the commercialization and development of biosimilars.
- The neutropenia treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during forecast period due to rise in prevalence of different forms of cancer and increase in health care awareness.
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Neutropenia Treatment Market
The global neutropenia treatment market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global neutropenia treatment market are:
- Baxter International
- Teva Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva, Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Biogenomics Limited
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory Ltd.
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Browse more Market Reports:
High Potency Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Market:
Bioremediation Technology & Services Market:
Endocrine Testing Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453