Multi-mode Laser Diodes: Introduction
- A laser diode is an electrically pumped semiconductor laser that produces coherent light when the current flows through a p–n junction
- Laser diodes are available in the following wavelength ranges: UV (200 – 389 nm), violet (390 – 419 nm), blue (420- 499 nm), green (500–559 nm), red (620–699 nm), and IR (700 – 2,150 nm)
- Laser diodes have single-mode and multi-mode design configurations. Among these, multi-mode laser diodes have a larger emitting area, which offers higher power. Also, it offers a wide surface area at the facet, which reduces the intensity of catastrophic optical damage.
- These multi-mode laser diodes are ideal for use in several industrial applications including laser cladding, fiber laser pumping, surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, machine vision, and communication
- Moreover, low rise time and high pulse energy of multi-mode laser diodes make them a preferred choice for use in high-resolution sensing applications in harsh environments
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=74429
Key Drivers of Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market
- Growing adoption of laser diodes in end-use industries is fueling the demand for multi-mode laser diodes
- Multi-mode laser diodes are largely used in optical fiber communications, optical storage, printers, scanners, lithography, sensors, displays, medical devices, and pumping of solid-state lasers
- Furthermore, the demand for laser diodes with high output power in the wavelength range of 660 nm as well as 659 nm is rising in the health care industry in applications such as phototherapy and DNA sequencing
- Also, in the life sciences industry, the demand for laser diodes is rising in applications including laser microscopy and Raman spectroscopy
Optics & Photonics Segment to Witness Significant Growth Potential
- Based on end-use industry, the multi-mode laser diode market can be divided into material processing, optics & photonics, defense & sensing, bio-medical & life science, metrology, and others
- The optics & photonics industry is likely to witness significant demand for multi-mode laser diodes during the forecast period, owing to increased adoption of laser diodes in communication and data storage applications.
- Moreover, the use of multi-mode laser diodes is increasing in the bio-medical & life science industry, as these diodes cause a photochemical reaction with hemoglobin, melanin, and other materials in a short time and lead to highly efficient absorption in that particular wavelength range
- Thus, in the bio-medical & life sciences industry, multi-mode laser diodes are generally used in applications such as phototherapy, DNA sequencing, laser microscopy, and Raman spectroscopy
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market
- In terms of region, the global multi-mode laser diode market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The multi-mode laser diode market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to growth of the economy and increase in financial support for research and development activities by governments in the region.
- Countries such as India and China are developing at a rapid rate. Thus, manufacturers of multi-mode laser diodes in these countries are expecting increase in the demand for their newly developed products.
- The multi-mode laser diode market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global multi-mode laser diode market is fragmented, with several manufacturers accounting for a moderate market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and hence, they are increasing their investments in research and development activities. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global multi-mode laser diode market are:
- NICHIA CORPORATION
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Ushio Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Egismos Technology Corporation
- Coherent, Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
- TOPTICA Photonics AG
Read Our Trending Press Release Below: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordable-air-travel-and-technological-advancements-to-serve-as-prominent-factors-for-growth-of-airport-information-system-market-between-2020-and-2030-tmr-301181535.html