Although the mining sector is one of the oldest industrial domains, the adoption rate of new technologies has been relatively slow compared to other industrial sectors. Over the past three decades, technological advancements have played an imperative role in transforming the mining sector and paved the way for new mine planning solutions. Mining companies are increasingly seeking novel ways to improve productivity and operate mines with greater efficiency. The advent of an array of innovative digital mine planning solutions has revolutionized mining management and is expected to improve operations within the mining sector during the forecast period.
Get Sample Copy:
The onset of cutting-edge analytical tools, along with the development of new sensors has assisted operators in the mining industry in minimizing maintenance costs and reducing downtime while simultaneously improving the overall output. Within the mining sector, the demand for efficient, reliable, and advanced mine planning solutions is on the rise, as market participants continue to strengthen their foothold in the current market landscape. The increasing need for deep digging while simultaneously gaining economic advantage is expected to accelerate innovations within the mine planning solutions market during the assessment period. At the back of these factors, the global mine planning solutions market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 2 Mn by the end of 2027.
Technological Innovations and Efforts to Improve Mining Experience to Boost Market Growth
The advent of novel technologies, including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and 3D modeling are likely to revolutionize the mining sector. Impressive development in spatial data visualization is expected to provide a significant boost to the adoption of cutting-edge mine planning solutions in the upcoming years. Virtual reality and augmented reality are two technologies that are anticipated to have a strong impact on mining operations– a trend that is likely to continue during the forecast period. Companies operating in the mining sector are projected to leverage new technologies such as spatial data efficiently to minimize costs and reduce the overall impact on the environment. While improving efficiency and minimizing the environmental footprint are the key areas within the mining sector that are expected to take notable strides during the forecast period, mine planning solutions are also likely to improve workforce safety across mines worldwide. The growing adoption of sensors, large-scale use of cameras, and high demand for imaging techniques are some of the leading factors that are likely to propel the mine planning solutions market during the forecast period.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Soaring Global Demand for Mineral Resources to Drive Market
As governments across the world, particularly in the Asia Pacific continue to focus on urbanization and expanding the industrials sector, the demand for mineral resources has witnessed exponential growth due to which, the demand for efficient mine planning solutions is expected to move in the upward trajectory. Market players in the current mine planning solutions market are increasingly launching efficient mine planning solutions to overcome the different challenges put forward by conventional mining methods. Industry 4.0 continues to gain unprecedented traction worldwide and its impact can be felt across the mining sector. Some of the major advancements within the mine planning solutions market are taking place across the developed regions of the world, including North America and Europe due to significant progress in technology coupled with high investments toward the development of smart mine planning solutions. Although North America and Europe are expected to be at the forefront in terms of technology, Asia Pacific is tipped to be the fastest-growing regional market within the mine planning solutions market during the forecast period.
Request For Customization:
Mining Projects to Halt Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The novel COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the growth of an array of industrial sectors and the mining sector is no exception. Fluctuations in commodity prices and disruption in the supply chain are some of the factors that are likely to influence the expansion of the mine planning solutions market. Global restrictions and increasing focus on social distancing is expected to stall or delay mining operations worldwide due to which, the demand for smart mine planning solutions is projected to decline in the upcoming months. The share prices of mining companies continue to decrease due to which, the growth of the mine planning solutions market could take a major hit. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to tighten its grip worldwide, the mining sector is likely to increase the adoption of automated mine planning solutions in the near future. The projected growth in demand for automated mine planning solutions could propel the expansion of the market for mine planning solutions during the forecast period.
The global mine planning solutions market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~13% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to a host of factors, including large-scale industrialization and urbanization due to which the demand for mineral resources is on the rise, technological advancements in virtual reality and augmented reality, and focus on enhancing efficiency. While major developments are expected to take place in North America in Europe in the first half of the forecast period, the market for mine planning solutions is projected to grow at an impressive pace in the Asia Pacific.
Mine Planning Solutions Market: Overview
- The global mine planning solutions market was valued at ~US$ 700 Mn in 2019 and is expected to reach ~US$ 2 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~13% from 2019 to 2027
- The global mine planning solutions market is influenced by recent developments in smart technologies. Mine planning solutions are used to shorten planning cycles through an integrated design, evaluation, and scheduling environment. Mine planning solutions enhance the production & efficiency of a mine. Mine planning solutions include features such as surface manipulation, gridding, and transaction & spreadsheet management capabilities.
- The mine planning solutions market report provides analysis of the global mine planning solutions market for the period 2017 – 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information
- The study on the mine planning solutions market would help clients understand the analysis of mine planning solutions based on different application
- The mine planning solutions market is driven by various factors such as rising demand to manage production and exploration of minerals. Optimization of equipment and human resources among mining companies is expected to increase the demand for mine planning solutions. Mine planning solutions provide the mining industry a fast, accurate, cost effective, and efficient tool to manage their activities.
Mine Planning Solutions: Market Segmentation
- The mine planning solutions market is segmented on the basis of component, deployment, application, and region. The component segment has been further classified on the basis of solution and training & services offered. The solution segment accounts for a dominant position in the market and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Mine planning solutions minimize mining problems associated with complex and vast array of parameters and constraints. Mine planning solutions help in optimizing the mining sequence, cut-off grade selection, mining equipment evaluation, and capital expenditure to minimize the net present value of a project. Based on solution, the market is segmented into integrated solutions, and standalone solutions.
- Based on deployment, the mine planning solutions market is segmented into on-premise, and cloud. The cloud-based solution is expected to create more opportunity in the future for the mining industry. The on-premise hardware and software must be upgraded and replaced regularly and these processes take time in the core mining business. The cloud based solution allows mining companies to concentrate on their core business instead of maintaining the IT infrastructure.
- In terms of application, the mine planning solutions market is segmented into open mining surface and underground mining surface. Open mining surface application is projected to hold major share during the forecast period as open surface mining is generally considered to be more advantageous than underground mining in terms of recovery, grade control, economics, flexibility, safety, and working environments.
- Based on region, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the global mine planning solutions market during the forecast period due to the presence of several global players in the region, especially in the U.S. and Canada. Europe is also projected to hold a significant position in the mine planning solutions market in terms of revenue share, owing to increasing focus on innovation through research and development and advancements in IT in developed countries in the region.
Mine Planning Solutions Market: Company Profiles
- Some of the key players of the global mine planning solutions market are
- Bentley Systems
- Dassault Systems
- Hexagon Ab
- Infosys Limited
- John Wood Group Plc
- Micromine Pty Ltd
- Minemax Pty. Ltd
- Trimble Inc.
- Vareli Tecnac Pvt. Ltd.
- Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]