- Linear stage is a component of precise motion system that is used to restrict the motion of an object to single axis
- All linear stages involve a platform and a base. They are connected by linear bearing in such a way that the platform is limited to linear motion with respect to the base.
- Linear stages consist of automated positioning and are available as either single axis, XY stage, XYZ translation stage
- Each axis of a linear stage has six degrees of freedom (X, Y, Z, roll, pitch, and yaw), which produces translation along a straight line. For this purpose, a set of linear bearing guideways is attached to a base structural member that gives stiff support to the linear stages system.
- The linear stages system is used in various scientific and industrial applications such as beam line instrumentation, semiconductor manufacturing, photonics instrumentation, research and industrial biotech instrumentation, material science, and aerospace
- Demand for linear stages is rising in automation, aerospace & defense, food & beverages, oil & gas, and medical industries, due to their capability to provide high-precision linear motion with minimized run-out
Request for a sample:
Demand for Linear Stages to Increase in Automotive Industry
- In the automotive industry, Linear stage components are used in the automation of processes such as cutting, boaring, grinding, and shearing to give high reliability and low maintenance solutions
- Automotive is a rapidly growing segment of the global linear stages market owing to the rapid development of manufacturing technology in the industry. Countries with significant manufacturing capabilities such as the U.S., China, the U.K., Germany, Japan, and France are implementing automation technologies across manufacturing industries.
- Automotive manufacturers are upgrading systems, adding inspection and networking capabilities, and taking advantage of integration to produce better, cheaper product in less time. Increase in number of manufacturing facilities adds to the demand for automated solutions and technologically advanced machinery, thereby boosting the linear stages market
- Demand for linear rail guides, linear motors, controllers, and linear actuators is high across the globe, as they help enhance efficiency of production and manufacturing facilities. This is boosting the global linear stages market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Linear Stages Market
- Countries in Asia Pacific such as China and India are adopting new technologies and advancements in manufacturing sectors. Governments of various countries in the region have undertaken initiatives for IT infrastructure development. Large numbers of dominant players operate in the market in Asia Pacific. This is propelling the linear stages market in Asia Pacific.
- Emergence of smart factories and industrial Internet of things (IIOT) technology is encouraging end-users to produce technologically advanced solutions for their manufacturing facilities. This is propelling the linear stages market.
- Demand for linear stages is driven by sectors that need high accuracy and precision. Asia Pacific has large numbers of semiconductor, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food & beverages companies. Rise in miniaturization in various fields of applications tends is augmenting the linear stages market in Asia Pacific.
Ask for brochure:
Key Players in the Global Linear Stages Market
- Zaber Technologies, Inc.
- Sigmakoki Co., Ltd.
- Holmarc Opto-mechatronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Thorlabs, Inc.
- Edmund Optics
- Physik Instrumente (PI)
- Standa Ltd.
Read our latest Press Release: