Global Lignosulfonates Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for lignosulfonates stood nearly US$ 760 Mn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 1,031 Mn by 2027. Rise in oil well exploration in the U.S. and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to propel the lignosulfonates market. Additionally, vast application of lignosulfonates is likely to boost demand for lignosulfonates in the coming years.
- Lignosulfonates are one of the abundantly available wood chemicals. They are commonly obtained as by-products during sulfite processing of wood pulp. Lignosulfonates are primary anionic polyelectrolytes that are easily soluble in water. They are natural anionic surfactants with high molecular weight.
- Lignosulfonates are primarily used in the ceramics, construction, chemicals, oil & gas, and animal feed additives industries. They are also employed in organic polymerization.
Request PDF Brochure :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=7355
- Lignosulfonates are employed extensively during oil and gas field exploration in the oil & gas industry. Stabilization of shale is a challenging task due to the presence of water-sensitive montmorillonite in shale. Sodium ammoniated lignosulfonate inhibits the swelling of montmorillonite in water. It enhances the viscosity of water-based drilling fluids at low temperatures and reduces the viscosity at relatively high temperatures. Furthermore, the filtration loss of mud decreases after the addition of sodium ammoniated lignosulfonate (NaALS). This can benefit the stabilization of shale.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
Global Lignosulfonates Market: Segmental Insights
- Lignosulfonates are employed as oil well additives in the oil & gas industry. Oil in water emulsions plays an important role in oil well drilling fluids. Lignosulfonate, a prominent stabilizing agent, has been used successfully for several years to stabilize emulsions as the lignosulfonate molecule is adsorbed at the oil-water interface, establishing a high order electrokinetic charge and also a semi-rigid film.
- Sodium lignosulfonate is the most commercialized lignosulfonate. It is primarily used as an economical plasticizer in concrete admixtures and pellet binder in animal feed. Sodium lignosulfonate is expected to be a rapidly expanding segment of the lignosulfonates market, primarily in developing countries in Asia Pacific, due to the high demand for sodium lignosulfonate in the construction industry.
- Calcium lignosulfonate is preferred in animal feeds and oil well additives. It is also a highly commercialized type of lignosulfonate. Magnesium lignosulfonate is primarily employed in animal feed applications owing to its antimicrobial and preservative properties, which are similar to those of sodium lignosulfonate and calcium lignosulfonate. Furthermore, magnesium lignosulfonate is used as substitute for conventional chloride materials in dust control applications.
Global Lignosulfonates: Regional Insights
- In terms of volume, Europe was the prominent region of the global lignosulfonates market in 2018. Expansion in the residential sector and rise in construction activities in Europe are driving the construction industry in the region. Europe is a leading region of the animal feed industry, led by the presence of large-scale animal feed companies and high production rate of animal feed. Thus, demand for lignosulfonates is high in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a faster pace in global lignosulfonates market during the forecast period due to increase in demand for concrete admixtures in the region.
- Middle East & Africa is projected to follow Asia Pacific, owing to the rise in demand for sodium lignosulfonate in concrete admixtures and oil well additives in the region. Lucrative applications and expansion in end-user industries in developing countries are projected to boost the attractiveness of the lignosulfonate market during the forecast period.
Global Lignosulfonates: Competition Landscape
- The lignosulfonates market is moderately consolidated; the market is modestly dominated by key companies with strong global presence. Key players operating in the lignosulfonates market include
- Tembec Inc. (Rayonier Advanced Materials)
- Burgo Group
- Wuhan Xinyingda Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Shenyang Xingzhenghe Chemical Co. Ltd.
About Us :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.