Laser Induced Breakdown Spectrometer – Introduction
- Laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) is a technique used to measure the concentration of major elements in solid, liquid, and air samples. It also helps to record chemical fingerprints of any material.
- The laser induced breakdown spectrometer has great demand in the market as it has a wide range of applications. Element analysis of food products, fingernails, soil, minerals, and many more materials have been accomplished because of laser induced breakdown spectrometers.
Key Drivers of the Laser Induced Breakdown Spectrometer Market
- The most important factor that drives the demand for laser induced breakdown spectrometers is that it uses a rapid and portable technique and provides immediate analysis without any sample preparation.
- The laser induced breakdown spectrometer has great demand in the field of research analytical techniques. Also, the LIBS spectra contains information about the material, which makes the technique ideal for correlation and provenance studies.
- The laser induced breakdown spectrometer has a wide range of applications because it can be used on any material whether solid, liquid, or gas and can detect all chemical elements in a sample, which increases its demand.
- The laser induced breakdown spectrometer is a mobile instrument so its application in the field of environmental protection, cultural heritage conservation, and industrial process control is increasing.
Get Sample Copy
Factors Restraining the Global Laser Induced Breakdown Spectrometer Market
- One of the major restraints of the laser induced breakdown spectrometer is its difficulty to perform quantitative analysis which is an important part of research.
- The long term stability and durability of laser induced breakdown spectrometer devices, especially lasers, is a big challenge that also hampers its demand. The LIBS uses pulsed laser and its lifetime is often limited.
- The spectra produced by the laser induced breakdown spectrometer is unique to the instrument and the same sample analyzed on the similar instrument will be slightly different while doing provenance studies. These differences become large enough to prevent combining of data from more than one instrument.
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Laser Induced Breakdown Spectrometer Market
- In terms of geography, the global laser induced breakdown spectrometer market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the laser induced breakdown spectrometer market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The laser induced breakdown spectrometer market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global laser induced breakdown spectrometer market in 2018, attributed to higher spending in research and technology by the government and people in the region. Increasing environmental concerns have also been driving the laser induced breakdown spectrometer market in North America, particularly in the US and Canada.
- The laser induced breakdown spectrometer market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Europe, and Asia Pacific during the forecast period
Request For PreBook Report
Key Players Operating in the Laser Induced Breakdown Spectrometer Market
The global laser induced breakdown spectrometer market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global laser induced breakdown spectrometer market are:
- P&P Optica
- Ocean Optics Inc.
- Princeton Instruments
- B&W Tek Inc.
- TSI Incorporated
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector – such as heavy engineering equipment, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.