Internet protocol television (IPTV) is the broadcasting system of television series using the internet as a medium, i.e., internet protocol (IP) network. Contrary to this conventional medium like satellite, antenna, and cable, this technique uses the internet as a network introduced in the late ’90s. Unlike downloaded items, this technology provides the media to stream it continuously on televisions.
This system is also known as the digital television (DTV), popularly known as list IPTV. Media in the form of emotional pictures and audio are being sent and received through digital signals, traditional signals that are used in broadcasting are known as analog signals.
Some advantages of digital television over analog television:
Digital channels are useless bandwidth with continuous availability. The are various bandwidths image quality that depends on different ranks of compression.
While conventional television has some common problems, including the blurring of images and noise due to weak signals, such issues are being overcome in digital TV.
Benefits of IPTV
- IPTV provides all types of services that are not available on traditional televisions, e.g. multimedia, etc.
- It is a totally customer based network, and only that data is sent to the person’s home that is selected by the customer.
- More user friendly as you can search anything just by the name of actor and movie name
- It also allows parental control through which your child can only see what you want to let them watch.
- IPTV is cost much lower than traditional television.
- It also provides the user to save your favorite series by using the STB device that stores all your stuff in it.
- It provides you to cover both live broadcasting and VOD (video on demand).
- You can also set reminders for your selected programs.
Which countries are famous for IPTV?
- United kingdom
- Hong Kong
There are two primary designs for IPTV:
- Free Based
In this, you can only need a television and internet connection and start watching.
In this, you have to select a video on demand with high quality, which will cost you, and you have to pay for it.
What is the method of data delivery to its actual target?
The information is stored in the form of little packs. Each pack is being labeled with the address of its destination. When the package is being delivered to the targeted place, it is again decoded in the actual information.
Tools used to handle the information of IPTV:
MPEG-2 is used to compressing video information. This data is sent to a specific MPEG transport system shipped with the help of IP Multicast on live TV.
RTSP (real-time streaming protocol) tool is used for the video on demand(VOD).
IGMP versions two are used for live TV broadcasting and also help for a multicast streaming system.
IPTV software seller:
- Orca interactive
- Plix pro server
Disadvantages of IPTV:
There are some disadvantages to IPTV.
- If there is any problem with the internet, it will delay broadcasting.
- If the required bands are not provided to the system, it will stop casting the video and audio and browsing.