It is necessary to apply for a visa for all Spaniards traveling to India. This applies to tourists and business travelers as well as minors. For a few years now the visa for India can be applied for completely online. Once granted, you will receive the visa by email as a PDF file. The consulate does not need to put it in your passport.
What type of visa do I need? Tourists can use the so-called “eTourist visa”, business travelers the “eBusiness visa” and medical travelers the “eMedical visa”. In all three cases it is an electronic visa, also called an “e-visa”, which can be obtained quickly and easily using the online application form. You can apply for the India visa here.
Visa requirements for online applications
The Indian government imposes certain requirements on all types of visas that all travelers must meet. This also applies to visas that can be applied for online; the eTourist, eBusiness or eMedical visa for India. The most important requirements for the e-visa are listed below.
Regarding travel plans:
- Aircraft are only allowed through the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore , Bombay, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
- It is only allowed to arrive by boat or cruise through the following ports: Chennai, Cochin, Mormugao (near Goa), New Mangalore (near Mangalore) and Bombay.
- You can leave India wherever there is an Immigration Check Post. This is the case for all international airports, in all seaports through which it is permitted to arrive and, among others, on the border with Nepal, Banbasa, Gauriphanta, Jogbani, Ranigunj, Raxual, Rupaidiha and Sonouli.
- At the most north-eastern point of India (north and east of Bangladesh) there are some regions with special restrictions; These include Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Sikkim.
- It is allowed to change the date and place of arrival and / or departure after applying for the visa, provided they meet the visa requirements and are within the validity period.
Upon arrival in India:
- the passport used for the visa application must be valid for at least another six months,
- This same passport must be presented, along with a printed version of the visa, and
- the traveler must be able to present a return or transit plane ticket.
When an electronic visa is not enough
Tourists who want to stay in India for more than 90 consecutive days and business travelers with travel plans of more than 180 days cannot use the India e-visa. The same applies to travelers who want to study in India, volunteer or work for an Indian organization. They can make use of the alternative procedure in which a consular officer places the visa in the passport. In that case the costs are higher and the request takes longer. Read more about this on the Indian Physical Visa page.
Apply for Indian visa
You can apply for the India visa online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through this website. You can choose the “eTourist”, “eMedical” or “eBusiness” variant. Through the online INDIAN VISA APPLICATION application form you can apply for an India visa for yourself and / or other travelers. Requesting it takes about ten minutes. The total cost of € 109.95 per person can be paid easily and safely with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Sofort Banking or PayPal. In four business days, you will receive the Indian visa by email (see example). It is important to print this document, in A4 format, and keep it with your passport during your trip.
Normal delivery or urgent request
Are you traveling to India in a few days? Then it is advisable to process the application urgently. You can submit an urgent application using the normal visa application form for India on this website, checking the “urgent” option. On average, urgently requested visas are granted in 3 business days. Due to the manual checking and processing of all requests, delivery times can never be guaranteed, even in the case of an urgent request.
Start your application. Do you plan to travel to India? Then you can start your visa application immediately. Because the visa is valid for 365 days, it is not necessary to know the exact arrival and departure dates anymore. However, at least one accommodation address must already be known, as you will be asked on the application form. Still have questions about the procedure, requirements or validity period? If so, please read the frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers about the Indian visa first. Can’t find the answer there, either? Then contact our customer service in Spanish.